Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,954 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Conan The Destroyer
This is still a fun Fantasy film. Sure its a massive change in direction after Barbarian, but its such a shame we never got King Conan.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 31, 2018, 02:30:12 PM
Conan The Destroyer
This is still a fun Fantasy film. Sure its a massive change in direction after Barbarian, but its such a shame we never got King Conan.

Indeed.

"8 Mile". Eminem really was good in this.

Huggs

Huggs

The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton Version) - Bluray

Always loved this one.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 31, 2018, 11:05:51 PM
The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton Version) - Bluray

Always loved this one.

Still waiting on The Leader. f**kin' Marvel.

Huggs

Huggs

Mission Impossible: Fallout - Bluray

Almost finished with it. Not as good as the others, which is a shame because they were on such a roll. It feels like it's trying too hard to be Spectre and mission impossible at the same time. Cavill has been horrifically underused here. His character and dialogue have been a letdown.

Venom - Bluray

My 3rd viewing. Was still very enjoyable. 3 times is enough though, time to put it away.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

What Happened to Monday. Watched it on a flight from Hong Kong to Australia whilst sipping on some red wine.

It's a fairly decent dystopian thriller. Pretty emotionally intense at times. Noomi Rapace did a great job at playing these unique septuplet sisters.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

300. Still great visually after all this time and many copycats. Still a great epic and unique movie.

People sometimes give it a bad name for beeing glorifying propaganda for the greeks and demonising the persians but that's what it's supposed to be. It's not a history lesson but propaganda that Dilios tells his fellow greeks to get them amped up for the battle ahead.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I love the first 300.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

While it's not as good as 300, I actually enjoyed 300 Rise of an Empire too.  And watching that in 3D is pretty wild.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I honestly didn't think much to the sequel - apart from the soundtrack by Junkie XL, which was ace. Overall though it just felt like it was redundant and lacking that special something that made the first so good.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 04:51:37 PM
While it's not as good as 300, I actually enjoyed 300 Rise of an Empire too.  And watching that in 3D is pretty wild.

It was definitly a fun romp but something was missing this time.

I thought it was hilarious that they made a point that the Athenians are regular citizens instead of trained soldiers while every one beeing as buff or even more so than the Spartans in the first one. Than you see Spartans at the end of RoaE and they are even bigger now  :D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 02, 2019, 04:55:48 PM
I honestly didn't think much to the sequel - apart from the soundtrack by Junkie XL, which was ace. Overall though it just felt like it was redundant and lacking that special something that made the first so good.

Well they were mostly at sea, and I thought Eva Green was terrific as Artemisia. Sure, the actor who played Themistocles was no Gerald Butler, but nor should he have been in my eyes. Strictly through the prism of the film, many of the Athenians were potters, blacksmiths, carpenters etc. and were not bred to be warriors like the Spartans.

Plus, I never watched a sequel that took place before, during, and after the first film.  It's quite a companion piece to 300 in my eyes.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:00:57 PM
I thought it was hilarious that they made a point that the Athenians are regular citizens instead of trained soldiers while every one beeing as buff or even more so than the Spartans in the first one. Than you see Spartans at the end of RoaE and they are even bigger now  :D

Actually, I disagree. I found the Athenians much leaner.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:04:38 PM

Well they were mostly at sea, and I thought Eva Green was terrific as Artemisia. Sure, the actor who played Themistocles was no Gerald Butler, but nor should he have been in my eyes. Strictly through the prism of the film, many of the Athenians were potters, blacksmiths, carpenters etc. and were not bred to be warriors like the Spartans.

Plus, I never watched a sequel that took place before, during, and after the first film.  It's quite a companion piece to 300 in my eyes.

Maybe a little bit. They still look like their trade is more lifting iron than pottery ;)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:10:43 PM

Maybe a little bit. They still look like their trade is more lifting iron than pottery ;)

Hah! Well it is 300 after all!  Even the potters have glistening sexy abs!!!   ;D

But overall, the main characters did look leaner imo, for what it's worth.  :P

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:10:43 PM

Hah! Well it is 300 after all!  Even the potters have glistening sexy abs!!!   ;D

But overall, the main characters did look leaner imo, for what it's worth.  :P

Of course, they have to celebrate the male form. They are ancient greeks afterall :D

But seeing them in comparision, you are right, they are leaner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed