Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,750 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

SuperGrid (2018)
Average apocalyptic roadtrip type stuff. Wasn't bad-bad, just been done a lot before and better.
I expected crazy Mad Max type stuff since this is from the writer/director of Wolfcop.

The House That Jack Built (2018)
Ok-ish. Expected more from this. Read this was similar to American Psycho but no.
Did fast forward the last half hour as it turned into abstract artsy fartsy crap.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Didn't really watch it, but caught a bit of Armageddon on TV and noticed for the first time that the US President is played by the same actor as in The Rock. Shared universe!

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Venom

Not bad but not great. I am glad I got to watch it for free. I will give it a 6/10.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tokyo Godfathers

Huggs

Huggs

RED - On Bluray

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bumblebee
Loved this. The G1 designs worked so well and the story had more heart than Transformers 2-5 combined, with extra. The best movie since the first. It just had everything you needed

Creed 2
Enjoyable sequel. Flew by. The only thing that annoyed me were dickheads talking in the cinema. I mean seriously

Mimic - Theatrical Cut
A fantastic Del Toro film. Hadnt watched it in ages

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Venom
Not as bad as the critics make out to be, there is plenty of entertainment to be found, a good popcorn movie but no masterpiece. The highlights are definitely Hardy's performance and the Brock and venom banter.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Finished watching Full Metal Jacket (1987).
R. Lee Ermey performance is golden. Surprised he didn't got offered more parts.
Read once he made an audition tape consisting of him swearing and insulting for almost an hour, leading to him getting the role.
And why aren't there more Vietnam movies? Is it because there are still plenty survivors and/or because the USA lost?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 18, 2018, 06:03:08 AMRead once he made an audition tape consisting of him swearing and insulting for almost an hour, leading to him getting the role.

Pretty much. He was originally hired as an advisor only, as Kubrick didn't think he was vicious enough for the part of the drill instructor. Ermy responded by recording a fifteen-or-so minute tape of him screaming insults at the camera while people pelted him with tennis balls, never once repeating himself or slipping up. Kubrick saw it and gave him the role on the spot.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 18, 2018, 06:03:08 AMAnd why aren't there more Vietnam movies? Is it because there are still plenty survivors and/or because the USA lost?

There are plenty out there, although I haven't noticed any being made for some time now. Other than the holy trinity of 'Nam movies (Platoon, Apocalypse Now and FMJ) I'd recommend Hamburger Hill, We Were Soldiers, Casualties of War and of course The Deer Hunter. There's also Jacob's Ladder, although that's more of a psychological horror with the war as a backdrop.

One more that's worth looking at is The Killing Fields, which is more about the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia than Vietnam, but it's absolutely excellent.

The Mummy (the new one)

Finally got around to  watching this. It pretty much typified all these modern remakes that are completely devoid of any charm or character and wind up being utterly forgettable as a result. Yawn.

Russ

Russ

Mission Impossible: Fallout. It was - as with all these movies - brilliant fun. I can't even say that they're dumb, they really think about foreshadowing / payoff and all that stuff. The stunts are incredible and there was a really neat callback to one of the earlier movies. I really enjoyed it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 18, 2018, 09:13:06 AM

Other than the holy trinity of 'Nam movies (Platoon, Apocalypse Now and FMJ).

I think you mean: Missing in Action, Missing in Action 2:The Beginning and Braddock: Missing in Action 3  ;D

Also - Uncommon Valour is a brilliant (post)'Nam movie. Bat 21. Platoon Leader. The Siege of Firebase Gloria.. and the ace TV show Tour of Duty. (And of course Rambo: First Blood Part 2).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Dec 18, 2018, 10:38:22 AMI think you mean: Missing in Action, Missing in Action 2:The Beginning and Braddock: Missing in Action 3  ;D

:laugh:

Touché.

Russ

Russ

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Mortal Engines
A visually Stunning film. Sure it hits a lot of beats you'd expect, but the style its wrapped in makes them shine.

Huggs

Huggs

007: You Only Live Twice

Still my favorite Bond theme.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Downright unsettling movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed