Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,158 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Police Story

Okay, so this was awesome. I didn't care much for some of the comedy, but the action was just badass and incredible. I have never so much glass broken in so little time before. :laugh: And damn, Jackie got to be proper intense and scary for a bit there.

Oh, and he fights a guy wearing a Court of Owls mask at one point.  ;D

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2015, 11:48:41 PM
Oldboy (2013)

Well, that was mediocre. There's two or three parts that are really well done, but the rest felt like a Cliffs Notes version of a script, and so many scenes were hurried through. Most of the performances are fine, but Sam Jackson phones it in (and really doesn't sell the torture scene), and Sharlto Copley felt like he was from a completely different movie. I'm curious as to what Spike Lee's original, longer cut was like, but this just wasn't very good.

Haven't watch it and I will never watch it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kingsman: The Secret Service

This was f**king great. So many amazing quotes, and mass carnage has never been this funny. And it opens with Dire Straits and has a action scene set to Free Bird, so you know it's awesome.

First Blood

First Blood

Dire Straits opening was f**king great.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"Shit. f**king missed it."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Police Story 2

Not bad, but I liked the first one better.

First Blood

First Blood

Maps to the Stars

David Cronenburg's body of work has always fallen between bizarre and flat out insane. Maps to the Stars falls safely in the middle. It's a beautifully crafted satirical view on Hollywood and the egocentrics that populate it. In some ways the film is like a ticking time bomb with our cast of characters slowly venturing down paths of self-destruction and recklessness. I enjoyed this very much, hell loved it actually. Julianne Moore was great as an aging movie star haunted by the sexual abuse of her mother whilst trying to play her mother in an upcoming remake of a film. Also I have to hand it to John Cusack who in recent years has done a fantastic job playing creepy psychopaths.

Cold in July

I was really enjoying this, but it wasn't until Don Johnson stepped into the picture, this film took on a whole new level. Stylishly cool, it's a perfect little crime thriller set within the back drop of 80s East Texas. It's almost a great companion piece to The Guest.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Aliens

Watching this again just reminds me of why I love it so much. That f**king motion detector beeping still gets me on edge.

Sonic, electronic, BALLBREAKERS! /10

And hey FB. I was feeling pretty alone in this thread. :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, I figured I would post in it. Amazing how dead the forum has gotten. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 04, 2015, 01:31:43 AM
Aliens

Watching this again just reminds me of why I love it so much. That f**king motion detector beeping still gets me on edge.

Sonic, electronic, BALLBREAKERS! /10

And hey FB. I was feeling pretty alone in this thread. :laugh:

Ysss. Hoping to watch them all again soon myself.

Watched Whiplash again this morning.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Predator

Still love this movie. And yes, I'll be watching all of them. Even the AVPs. I must hate myself. :(

What's this f**king tie business?/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I still don't own AVPR in any format. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I used to own a cheap used copy of AVP, but I've never owned Req. So I only have one option here... Yarrrrrr, me harties!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have AVP on DVD, but it's full screen.

Been wanting to give the three Predator films another viewing soon, now that o finally picked them up on Blu.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I might have the grab the blus as well, since I haven't owned P2 since VHS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed