Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,457 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It: Chapter Two

Enjoyable enough, but with three or four major flaws that brought it down quite a bit for me. And for as long as the movie is, it feels almost too short in places.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

IT Chapter Two 8/10

For someone who considers the first film good, not great, this was more enjoyable than the first chapter. It has a great ending too, that tugs on the ol' heartstrings.

Brightburn  6/10

Just okay. Mindlessly entertaining. The paperthin 90 minute story desperately needed some well thought fleshing out.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
Such a Classic. Beautifully told from Both Sides

The Big Short (2015)
This was a great film and terrified me, Cause Nothing changed

Freaks of Nature (2015)
Had low expectations going in, but Found it brilliant. Humans, Zombies and Vampires vs Aliens and Each Other

Prez

Prez

Quote from: P-Rock on Sep 06, 2019, 06:38:31 PM
X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)
Dunno why everyone's so negative about this. Although it again(!) screws with the timeline, it's on par with First Class, X-Men and The Wolverine. 7/10

Saw it this weekend too. I enjoyed it as well. Had some great set pieces.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bad Times at the El Royale

"Shit happens, get the whiskey."

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 07, 2019, 11:33:29 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 07, 2019, 06:39:59 AMGodzilla 98 (4/5)

The little ones still scare the shite out of me. It's like Aliens, but with Godzilla's.

I've always really enjoyed that film, and never understood why it gets quite so much hate. Yeah it's silly, but so are loads of the Japanese films. Jean Reno is great in it :laugh:

Jean Reno is the only good thing about it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 07, 2019, 11:47:31 AM
I don't really care what toho thought of it
the toho hivemind? :D

the company never shied away from it being a godzilla film, making sure it got its spots in anniversary events and releases. Even ripped it off in following films.

People online just chewing things and spitting them out the way they want

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Night Of The Big Heat (1967)
An okay film, Lee and Cushing are always a delight, but the film dragged when dealing with the main characters marital problems

Communium (1989)
I went in expecting too much of this. While Walken was good and it was creepy in some places, the tone was all over the place and it didnt know how to end

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 09, 2019, 09:45:47 AMPeople online just chewing things and spitting them out the way they want

I always thought the American film was silly, dumb fun, in exactly the same way many of the Japanese films are silly, dumb fun.

(Before anyone says anything, I'm aware not all of the Japanese movies are silly and dumb.)

SM

SM

I dig a lot of Emmerich movies.  I like the campy Godzilla films.  I was pumped for Godzilla back in 1998.

It was very average at best.  It took itself way too seriously and I couldn't wait for Godzilla to step on everyone.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 09, 2019, 10:26:22 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 09, 2019, 09:45:47 AMPeople online just chewing things and spitting them out the way they want

I always thought the American film was silly, dumb fun, in exactly the same way many of the Japanese films are silly, dumb fun.

(Before anyone says anything, I'm aware not all of the Japanese movies are silly and dumb.)

Agreed.

Russ

Russ

Ninja (Scott Adkins). Great action - the director (Isaac Florentine) really... really knows how to shoot a fight scene. Helps that his cast are all expert martial artists, but there's lots of long shots, no shaky cam, one-take stuff - it's really amazing.

The story has a few holes in it, but we're not really here for story... it was great. And it took Ninjas seriously - like - there were no digs and winking at the audience... it was like a proper Cannon ninja flick where they were seriously bad-ass.

Looking forward to the sequel, which I read, is even better.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

IT: Chapter Two
Decent but not as good as the first

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Soylent Green (1973)
First viewing ever. It was ok, probably better back then. Also didn't help I already knew what it's all about.

Wrong Cops (2013)
Written and directed by the guy who made Rubber.
Second viewing. It was better the first time.
Still looking forward to his upcoming movies. Something about a killer jacket and another one about a giant fly.

Screwballs (1983)
Dumb fun.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Doomwatch (1972)
An interesting spin off of the BBC TV series. Shame we had to what till 1999 Doomwatch to continue. Would love to see the BBC or Big Finish do the series again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed