Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,405 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

There are Monsters

Interesting concept with a few genuinely creepy, scary moments.  Unfortunately, the asshat who directed and edited this movie did it in such a way that it was almost unwatchable.  The shaky cam was overused and horrendous, as well as constantly zooming in and out, and shifting focus, cutting between characters far too frequently, and even extended periods where the camera focused on nothing at all, just some blurred out corner of a room or car.  It took me three sittings to get through the movie, and I even had to skip through the last twenty minutes.  Such a shame, they had a great idea, and like I said some scenes were really chilling, but the filming of it completely ruined the experience

Huggs

Huggs

Watched like 10 minutes of Jaws 4, just because I ran across it earlier.

Oh my God.

I cannot ever do that to myself again.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Oh dear. There's an old saying (or there should be) that every minute of Jaws: The Revenge watched means a month of therapy later on.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Unbreakable (2000)
Think this was the first time I full saw this movie. Not bad.

Split (2016)
Second viewing. Not as great but still pretty good.

Glass (2019)
First viewing. Not bad but a little meh at times.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 03, 2019, 12:32:34 AMWatched like 10 minutes of Jaws 4, just because I ran across it earlier.

I enjoyed the hell out of that in much the same way I enjoyed the hell out of Superman IV - it was hilarious just how nonsensical it was.

Plus it has given us perhaps the greatest Michael Caine quote of all time, regarding his thoughts on the movie: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 03, 2019, 02:50:57 AM
Unbreakable (2000)
Think this was the first time I full saw this movie. Not bad.

Split (2016)
Second viewing. Not as great but still pretty good.

Glass (2019)
First viewing. Not bad but a little meh at times.

Yeah, I'm much higher on these films. So looking forward to picking up Glass on blu in 2 weeks!

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2019, 01:07:00 PMYeah, I'm much higher on these films. So looking forward to picking up Glass on blu in 2 weeks!

In hindsight Glass is worse than I first thought.

Spoiler
-Mr. Glass is a hacker all of a sudden. Imprisoned since 2000, yet he's up-to-date on coding and all that stuff.
-The Beast could've easily escaped. Just had to pick up his mattress and hold it front of him. Or blindfolded himself with some piece of sheet.
24 personalities and not one who could come up with the idea.
-The secret superhero organisation could've killed all 3 inside the institute and made up a cover story, instead of going through all that hassle.
-The secret superhero organisation angle was stupid imo.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 03, 2019, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2019, 01:07:00 PMYeah, I'm much higher on these films. So looking forward to picking up Glass on blu in 2 weeks!

In hindsight Glass is worse than I first thought.

Spoiler
-Mr. Glass is a hacker all of a sudden. Imprisoned since 2000, yet he's up-to-date on coding and all that stuff.
-The Beast could've easily escaped. Just had to pick up his mattress and hold it front of him. Or blindfolded himself with some piece of sheet.
24 personalities and not one who could come up with the idea.
-The secret superhero organisation could've killed all 3 inside the institute and made up a cover story, instead of going through all that hassle.
-The secret superhero organisation angle was stupid imo.
[close]

Spoiler
-I just assumed Glass was smart enough to escape unseen all the time and access/master the internet. This wasn't his first rodeo.
-Or The Beast could have just closed his eyes. I just went with it wasn't just the flash, but the sound associated with it which would trigger who would come to the light.
-Killing was the last resort. This wasn't a villian organisation, but one designed to protect.
-I liked the organisation, hence our differences in opinion.  :)
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Man of Steel - Blu-ray

So good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Braddock: Missing in Action III

I think the best way to summarise would be to quote a review I wrote for this film on another site a few years ago.

QuoteInstead of offering a reasoned and well thought-out critique on it, I think it'll be more productive if I just list what was awesome/f*cking hilarious about this movie:
  • The opening couple of minutes, which was basically a propaganda piece about why it was sad that America lost the Vietnam War.
  • Keith David! (In the most token of roles.)
  • Mrs. Braddock's friend cooing, "This dress is so beautiful!" when it looks like it's made out of bad 70s wallpaper.
  • "I don't step on toes... I step on necks."
  • Braddock's random pilot mate, who couldn't seem to decide if he was English or Australian and consequently just spoke some bollocks halfway between the two.
  • The fact that Chuck Norris used the Batboat to infiltrate Vietnam :laugh:
  • The amazing disguise Braddock wore to ensure he wasn't spotted, which consisted of a straw hat that he then almost immediately took off.
  • The lengthy dialogue scenes held entirely in Vietnamese that the post-production guys couldn't be arsed to translate with subtitles. It probably wasn't important anyway.
  • The most ridiculous torture scene I've ever witnessed, in which Braddock is stripped to the waist for no appreciable reason, forced to stand on tip-toes and rigged to a shotgun set to blow his son's head off if he drops to the floor; the entire scene is filmed with deathly seriousness. When Braddock proves surprisingly adept at standing on tippy-toes for extended periods of time, the baddies get annoyed and additionally start electrocuting him.
  • Braddock's enormous (and I mean ENORMOUS) assault rifle/rotary grenade launcher/sharp stick combo weapon.
  • The would-be child rapist prison guard who tastes some sweet karma when Braddock impales him with his bayonet and then shoots him in the gut with his grenade launcher, the impact blowing him through a door and across the courtyard outside, where he then explodes. 'Ave it.
  • The constant special effects gaffes, mostly involving the flares used to depict missiles flying in completely the wrong direction.
  • Talking of missiles going anywhere except where they're supposed to, I especially enjoyed the sequence where Braddock, fleeing in a very slow moving truck through rather open jungle, is pursued for like 10 miles by a helicopter gunship that doesn't manage to score a single hit until after he's stopped and got out.
  • The main villain, who didn't really do anything except scream, "Braddock!" ineffectually every five minutes before flying a helicopter into a tree.
  • In Braddock's world, a breaking neck makes almost as much noise as an AK-47.
  • Guards very slowly being dragged under a truck by a man intent on killing them won't attempt to raise the alarm in any way.
  • The fact the plane Braddock hijacks clearly crashes in a jungle, but is then suddenly in the middle of a rice paddy.
  • The worst Hind mock-up. Ever.
  • The truly heart-warming bonding scene in which Braddock and his estranged 8 year-old son reconcile when the kid helps a wounded Chuck aim his AK-47 so he can kill some people.
  • The fact that our hero escaped Vietnam across the border into Thailand, when Vietnam and Thailand don't share a border...
  • And lastly, it doesn't matter if you ignore a direct warning from your government (and international law) and wage an unsanctioned war on another country – if you find lost children all will be forgiven.

Huggs

Huggs

The first half of "The Ten Commandments" on Bluray.

Good Lord, what a transfer. Fine detail was just incredible, and the colors were so rich.

At some points there was just so much of both on screen that I thought my eyes were going to freak out.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 03, 2019, 08:18:15 PM
Braddock: Missing in Action III

Based on a true story, though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 04, 2019, 03:53:51 AM

Good Lord, what a transfer.

Who do you think oversaw the transfer?

;)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 12:01:21 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 04, 2019, 03:53:51 AM

Good Lord, what a transfer.

Who do you think oversaw the transfer?

;)

Obviously, it was our Hicks.

Because we confirmed in the Recess Thread that Hicks is God.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed