Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,753 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Star Trek Beyond. Again. Still enjoy it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 22, 2016, 05:40:36 PM
Ran

An utterly brilliant, but completely devastating piece of work.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 22, 2016, 11:59:30 AM

I think you'll enjoy Doctor Sleep. I did.

I have it sitting on the shelf, now I just need to get out from under the massive Dark Tower + tie-ins reading I'm doing. :laugh:

I'm sure youll find the time. I've got four King books waiting to be read, but i have a large pile of Doctor Who Books to go through first.

Hostel II.
I enjoyed this. Dont understand the hate this sometimes gets as i feel, it expanded perfectly on what had gone before and explained a bit more of the workings of the Hunting Lodge.

Stalled.
An unexpectedly great British Comedy Horror, almost entirely set in a Woman's Toilet lol. And like Shaun of the Dead, some unexpectedly shocking moments

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 23, 2016, 11:34:45 AM
I'm sure youll find the time. I've got four King books waiting to be read, but i have a large pile of Doctor Who Books to go through first.

Well the big hump is actually picking up The Stand after a month of not touching it. :laugh:

Once Upon a Time in the West

Pretty damn good, even if it did lose me for a while in the middle.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 23, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 23, 2016, 11:34:45 AM

Well the big hump is actually picking up The Stand after a month of not touching it. :laugh:

Well i suppose that would be a problem lol

The Shallows

A really good film, beautifully shot and Blake Lively was great in it. Slowly built and was very tense from there on. My only gripe with the film was its tendency for silence and then LOUD NOISES.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Yup, Shallows was stunning and exciting. I'm still patiently waiting for sharks to start getting some much-needed good press from the film industry, but at least this one tried to give its pissed-off gargantu-white some degree of motivation.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Nerve.
A good film, with a great cast. It has a great build up to a sadly expected pay off and all that, but still enjoyable if you want to go see it. The Trailer did end up showing more about the plot than i would have liked, but oh well

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Grease. Went to watch with the lady at an open air cinema last night. Only the second time I've seen it and I still can't believe it's a family film.  :laugh:

windebieste

windebieste

Just came back from a friends place.  The 3 movies we watched were:

'Dinocroc vs Supergator'. Absolute garbage, complete garbage and nothing but garbage.  I completely loved it.

'Iron Sky'. Nazis on the Moon and other weird and wonderful content, some of it subversive.  Excellent viewing.

'Big Trouble in Little China'.  It hasn't aged well since it was made but it's still one of my all time favourite movies.  Russell's Jack Burton, the almost competent hero, is still funny as all Hell.  Mind you, I don't think a remake will do it justice. 

A nice eclectic trilogy of Strange.

-Windebieste.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Saved
A great comedy about how stupid religion can be.

The Martian
A fantastic film. Scott on top film and Matt Damon does own it. So many British actors lol

War Dogs
So much better than the trailer (yep its the opposite way round than usual lol). It takes such a turn and Jonah Hill is spot on, his laugh is perfect

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Once Upon a Time in America

Still thinking about this one days later.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Body.
A Religous themed Thriller starring Antonio Banderas and Derek Jacobi. Hadnt watched it in years and forgot how good it was

Bad Moms.
Hysterical film. Mila Kunis needs more films like this and I'm in love with Kathryn Hahn

Stitches.
I'd been wanting to see this film for ages. Last time i attempted it, the bad weather knocked out my freeview, so got my mum to record it on her Sky Box, so i could watch it when i cam e down to visit. During that time, my nephew deleted it, because it wasnt for him (He has a tendency to do that). Little git. Now it wasnt as good as i thought it would be maybe thats because id built it up for so long), but was funny and OTT

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Mallrats 

I adore this movie.

Starship Troopers

It's a classic, the effects still look great IMO, what the f**k happened to this series?!!

Unforgiven

Eastwood at his best.  It's one of those top 5 movies, great script, great direction AMAZING cast and performances, beautiful cinematography.  It's a masterpiece

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 31, 2016, 03:46:58 PM

Unforgiven

Eastwood at his best.  It's one of those top 5 movies, great script, great direction AMAZING cast and performances, beautiful cinematography.  It's a masterpiece

"Hell, I thought I was dead too, Bob. The I found out I was in Nebraska."

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 31, 2016, 10:20:47 PM

Unforgiven

"I'll see you in Hell William Munney..."

"Yeah..."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 31, 2016, 10:30:01 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 31, 2016, 10:20:47 PM

Unforgiven

"I'll see you in Hell William Munney..."

"Yeah..."

"I don't deserve this... I was building a house!"

"Desere's got nothin' to do with it."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed