Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 854,060 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

I watched The Guest too . Was really awesome but the ending was a little bit dissapointing .

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Captain America: The First Avenger

This is really fast paced. I wish it was a little bit longer so, so it could slow down a bit and expand on some of the many concepts it introduces. Certain things feel like they are only glossed over when they could have been given more of a focus. Still, a very fun entry in Marvel's ever-expanding universe, and it is always a pleasure to revisit it.

Abraham Setrakian would have totally owned Red Skull, though.

Can't wait for Agent Carter. 8)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Guardians of the Galaxy

I love this movie so much.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ooh Child~

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Things are gonna get easier

Vertigo

Vertigo

Theory Of Everything.

Its focus felt a little disjointed - it didn't make the most of Stephen Hawking as a centrepiece, almost completely missing his characteristic wit, humility and sense of humour. And it didn't feel like a wholly honest portrayal of the couple's relationship (which takes the centre stage in the film), with the wife generally feeling rather saintly. Some motivations felt sketchily defined, too. All these issues probably stem from the script being based on the former Mrs Hawking's autobiography.

So the main aspect I took away from it was as a portrayal of the great hardships of living with motor neuron disease, and the will to conquer it. It's not a bad film by any means, I just felt it could, and should, have been a lot more. Acting performances are stellar, as you'd expect in a prestige film like this; Eddie Redmayne's fully transformed.

If you can only see one Oscar contending biopic about a troubled English genius this year, I'd suggest The Imitation Game without hesitation, but this one's worth a look.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 06, 2015, 07:07:07 PM
The Guest

I kinda caught off guard for how awesome this was. I mean it got little to no marketing and I heard good things through word of mouth, from a few people on here. It plays like a straight up 80s thriller. From the credits, to the music to the ruggedly handsome lead who turns full on psycho during the last act. This was great, you dont see too many like this any more. By the same guys that did You're Next. They got another winner on their hands.

What the f**k...?/10

Glad you dug it! That was probably my favourite film from last year.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dread

This wasn't bad, and actually had some really well done moments. That being said, though, splitting the lead from the original short story into two different characters hurt it a bit, and I really didn't give a f**k about the subplot about zebra chick.

First Blood

First Blood

Inherent Vice (2015)

I didn't get it.

At all.

Which made it feel like it went on foreveeeeeer.

The only thing it had going for it was Martin Short who looked like Bilbo Baggins strung out on coke.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Been curious about that one. Don't know much about it, though.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 08, 2015, 02:51:53 AM
Been curious about that one. Don't know much about it, though.

Having just seen it, I still don't know what it's about.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Is it something you'd be willing to give another chance, or did you not care for it? :D

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 08, 2015, 02:56:46 AM
Is it something you'd be willing to give another chance, or did you not care for it? :D

God no. I never want to watch it again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Princess Mononoke

Aye, that was fantastic.

Scully wolf/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

District 9

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed