Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 853,826 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Barbie

Hilarious with great satire.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 09, 2023, 03:58:59 AMGlass

wtf

This can not be from the guy who did the fantastic Unbreakable nope

It's from the guy who somehow managed to massacre the Last Airbender.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 04, 2023, 11:32:02 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iADtotJt198
Loved a lot in this film, this deserved to be in the cinema more than either of the big most recent Warner Bros or Disney efforts.

Already watched it twice.  ;D 

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

The Quiet Girl (2022)

An excellent, quietly told film, where silence speaks a lot. The English parts were not subtitled, and it was very difficult to understand the Father in the first act of the film (think Brad Pitt in Snatch).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Trek (2009)

Tyler Perry running Starfleet Academy explains a lot:laugh:

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Hellraiser (2022) AD Version

I watched this last year when it came out, and I remembered enjoying it. I was interested in re-visiting it to see if it held up. It certainly is one of the best films under that banner, and is thematically coherant and has some nice writing in it. That said, it doesn't quite capture what Hellraiser is (although, to be fair, I'd argue that none of the films ever really did; there's some sort of unattainable platonic ideal).

The AD narrator unfortuntately sounded like a 1990s trailer, deep voice, over-ernest and over-dramatic. Not quite a mood-kill, but didn't really feel the right tone for it. It highlights in AD exactly how crucial the right narrator is.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Predators

The Predator

Tremors 2: Aftershocks

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 24, 2023, 05:38:58 AMThe Quiet Girl (2022)

An excellent, quietly told film, where silence speaks a lot. The English parts were not subtitled, and it was very difficult to understand the Father in the first act of the film (think Brad Pitt in Snatch).

Managed to catch this one at my local arthouse theater a few months back, really liked it a lot.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Darkest Hour
Dunkirk

They complement each other well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Trek into Darkness

About 3/4 of a good movie before the writing gets extremely lazy near the end.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blow Out

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 28, 2023, 04:17:09 AMBlow Out

My favorite De Palma, and one of my favorite movies in general. Will be introducing it to some friends very soon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Trek Beyond

Very, very good. I just wish they had somehow had the big reveal happen a little earlier so they could spend more time on it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Talk to Me

Good, but I'm not as in love with it as a lot of people are.

Prez

Prez

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey
Whilst nowhere near the level of FOTR I don't think this is as bad as it gets labelled. Some great cast members and it's charming in it's own way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed