First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 46,690 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
Time to take out the emergency tissues and call the Wahh-bulance.

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

Mmm
Don't know about that
The lines and delivery all seem pretty clunky to me
I'm really hoping that's just a result of the clunky editing, but you could pretty much play any incidental clip from Alien and the lines and delivery would be totally believable, convincing and real

Yeah this isn't 'Alien' it's a different movie blah blah blah blah.......but that's irrelevant when making a comparison purely on believability of line content and delivery

Qwertify

Qwertify

Give us another clip already.

Quote from: JKS1 on May 14, 2012, 10:33:37 PM

As for the acting - I think most people would agree that it is top notch. I mean he's landing a ship, not overcoming a lisp to give a speech to inspire and instill hope in his countrymen.

Mmm
Don't know about that
I'm really hoping that's just a result of the clunky editing, but you could pretty much play any incidental clip from Alien and the lines and delivery would be totally believable, convincing and real

Yeah this isn't 'Alien' it's a different movie blah blah blah blah.......but that's irrelevant when making a comparison purely on believability of line content and delivery

Yeah I think people are aware it is all chopped up and disjointed. There is no way the film is going out this way.

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 10:44:42 PM

yeah. that "last 8 minutes" clip. i demand!

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: JKS1 on May 14, 2012, 10:33:37 PM

Mmm
Don't know about that

It's the clunky editing. The really, really clunky editing. I've watched it a few times now and am still baffled about why the hell they'd release this.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the mix for the music was terrible? You could hardly hear it.

echobbase79

I haven't watched the clip (don't want to) but studios do this all the time. I remember a clip that was released for Predators that was edited terribly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQ9x0b5s8Q#ws

They meshed to separate scenes together for that one.  :-\

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on May 14, 2012, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 14, 2012, 10:44:42 PM

yeah. that "last 8 minutes" clip. i demand!

lol  :laugh:

Space Sweeper

Wondering here if it's by coincidence that the women are those most outspoken against Logan Marshall-Green...

Hmmm...

Cvalda

Cvalda

What exactly are you implying, Sweeps? :P

Rick Grimes

Clip was heavily edited clearly. He counted down 5,4,2,1 and skipped 3. Also the hat being on and off cut scenes are out of order too. nice clip, not to shabby, waiting for full movie :)

zuzuki

zuzuki

http://latino-review.com/2012/05/14/film-clip-prometheus/
From one of the site editors in the comment section:

''I for one can tell you that the 3D in this movie is so good.  I saw 20 mins of the film on Friday and that was one of the scenes that we saw and the 3D is so In-depth that I haven't seen anything like that since AVATAR. You really feel that you are there with them. Not the type of 3D that is thrown at you.  Very cool scenes by far.''

He is talking about the landing scene, so it's longer and looks epic in 3d ;D

cossack0909

That clip is like a drug. After reading the so-called review yesterday, this clip is a much-needed drug.

MrsSpaceJockey

Not bad,going to be amazing on the big screen though!
Don't mind seeing clips of the human side..the alien stuff is more exciting!

Only 17 more days to wait! ..can't this month go any quicker  ::)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on May 14, 2012, 11:33:41 PM
What exactly are you implying, Sweeps? :P
Maybe you guys are so intensely critical of his every movement and vocal emission because you thought, since before you heard him open his mouth, he was a little bit too good looking for the part...?

Really, I don't know, but it certainly is strange that it's you guys that seem to be the most anti-Holloway out of anybody else (not saying others aren't around, they're just far less vocal). Gives off a real unintentional "Pshht, that guy? Yeah, no.  ::) ::) ::) [ohgodIwouldhitthatinlessthanasecond]" vibe. Or maybe that's me...

...Hmm...mm...  :-[

In any case, none of the boys are bitching about Charlize Theron anymore, though it was an early issue that people took... until they saw her in the space suit. My point is that this just seems to be a remnant of the "too classically good looking" 'controversy', and I doubt that most of this has to do with his line delivery, seeing as there's an unfocused line of complaining between his delivery and the way the character is written. The reactions so far seem to be as if he's being played by Tommy Wiseau, if Tommy Wiseau had model-eske looks. Charlize for the boys, Logan for the girls, but the girls don't want him.

MrSpaceJockey

In my honest opinion, the criticism of LMG is a bit over the top.  He's a bit annoying, yeah, but that seems to be his character and theres no way in hell he's going to stop me from enjoying the rest of the film. 

I like how the soundtrack here sounds kind of saddening.  I really wish they'd take out the lettering for PROMETHEUS, as its not present on any other images on the Weyland Industries website, and it does look pretty bad compared to the other effects...
I do like the inclusion of the numbering however.

LarsVader

Yeah, with the writing and the logo on it reminds me on one of these:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed