More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 46,056 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 07:14:39 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 07:06:00 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 25, 2017, 07:01:48 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:57:06 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 06:42:39 PM
City Hunter let that kid in Predator2 go unharmed.
And he let a pregnant woman (that was trying to kill him) go unharmed, too.
And a certain amount of different behaviour from different members of 1 species is pretty normal stuff...

You're missing the point.
The kid was going to be killed wich means the predators don't care much about your age or gender, they just care if you carry
a weapon or not.So when I hear a predator won't kill someone because there is a kid in the room it's totally out of character.

Just straight killing machines, how boring! I can't wait for Shane to add dimension and substance to the predator mythology. I've been waiting for someone talented to expand this series for a long time.

I hope the kid communicates with the predator and it pisses all the psychos off. ;D

This, Predators are a species. They're not a hivemind that all act the same, so there's nothing "out of character" if one Predator's behaviour deviates from the rest.

There could be Predators out there who refuse to hunt intelligent life for moral reasons. Just how there's humans here who refuse to eat meat for moral reasons despite us being predatory omnivores.

What do we have in common with Predators? Our individuality and diversity.

Well said. 8)

Thank you.  :)

Anytime  8)

Predator_Spirit

Allright, after all maybe it will be the predator female and that will explain why she spares the guy in front of the kid, maternal instinct... :D
:laugh: You people could defend the worst ideas ever.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 07:36:59 PM
And a certain amount of different behaviour from different members of 1 species is pretty normal stuff...

The kid was going to be killed wich means the predators don't care much about your age or gender, they just care if you carry
a weapon or not.So when I hear a predator won't kill someone because there is a kid in the room it's totally out of character.

Just straight killing machines, how boring! I can't wait for Shane to add dimension and substance to the predator mythology. I've been waiting for someone talented to expand this series for a long time.

I hope the kid communicates with the predator and it pisses all the psychos off. ;D

This, Predators are a species. They're not a hivemind that all act the same, so there's nothing "out of character" if one Predator's behaviour deviates from the rest.

There could be Predators out there who refuse to hunt intelligent life for moral reasons. Just how there's humans here who refuse to eat meat for moral reasons despite us being predatory omnivores.

Well said. 8)

Anytime  8)

*Predator secretly records that from nearby, for use later on.*  :P

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 07:47:50 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 07:36:59 PM

Well said. 8)

Anytime  8)

*Predator secretly records that from nearby, for use later on.*  :P

:laugh:

Stealth_Hunter

The Alien Predator wrote:
QuoteI wouldn't say all autistic people struggle with learning languages.

Daniel Trammel is autistic and he was able to learn an entire language in a week, I think he learned Icelandic if I remember correctly. And when he spoke to a native speaker after the week passed, they complimented him on how well he spoke.

Maybe the kid could be a Savant. It's where people with a difficulty in some areas experience a massive boost in other areas due to the brain administering focus over to those skills.

So in this kid's case, he may have trouble acting "normal" or understanding facial expressions or whatever it is he'd have trouble with, and his brain would re-organise by focusing in the language department hence his ability to learn new ones so well.

Well said, I could buy into that. I have no problem stretching some believability considering the mud/heat signature thing.

QuoteAnd like others have said, he'll probably learn the written words somehow rather than actually speak to a Predator.

Seems most likely right? I can't think of a scenario in which a Predator has a conversation with any human for whatever reason. Or maybe the government intercepts Pred signals?

overthere

overthere

The City Hunter was just curious about the kid at the cemetery. He was examining him and was interested in the weapon and what the hell the kid was doing, but aside for having his laser on him he didn't have any intention of killing the kid.

You can't have the Predator spare a pregnant woman and be interested in killing a kid in the same movie. It's not out of character at all. It's completely in character for a Predator not to kill a kid because that would probably be the shittiest trophy you can get and no one would take you seriously.

Now, this scene with the Predator not killing someone because the kid is there is interesting. I wonder if it's because a kid is there, or because THIS kid is there. Maybe the kid pulled a John Conner from Terminator 2 and told the Predator killing is not OK.

But I just saw Nostalgia Critic's review of Smurfs 2 where that kid was really annoying and shitty even for a child actor.

Anyways, I predict the kid will do the clicking noise back at the Predator. I know I would.

What's a bit worrying is "nobody believes they're real", which rules out Dutch. There's a lot of people from Predator 2 who are not only aware of them, but have done some studies and gathered some data about the Predators. What happened to that?

Corporal Hicks

Looks like THR removed this comment from their article: "The son is autistic and bullied in school but becomes a key player in the fight due to his preternatural ability to learn languages."

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2017, 08:28:40 PM
Looks like THR removed this comment from their article: "The son is autistic and bullied in school but becomes a key player in the fight due to his preternatural ability to learn languages."
That's pretty interesting considering they didn't bother removing nor clarifying their suburbs claim.

Could they have removed it at the studios request to keep the plot more under wraps or did they realize that part wasn't actually true?

Quote from: overthere on Jan 25, 2017, 08:22:25 PM
Anyways, I predict the kid will do the clicking noise back at the Predator. I know I would.
I never thought of the clicking noise as part of their language; I thought of it more of an intimidation thing or hunting ritual within the Predators animalistic nature. You may be right but I don't see how the kid will he able to do the clicking noises especially since I'd imagine the timing of each click would have to be perfect if it is indeed a language.

QuoteWhat's a bit worrying is "nobody believes they're real", which rules out Dutch. There's a lot of people from Predator 2 who are not only aware of them, but have done some studies and gathered some data about the Predators. What happened to that?
I read it more as "nobody Quinn has shown his evidence to" believes him.

overthere

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 25, 2017, 08:38:02 PM

I never thought of the clicking noise as part of their language; I thought of it more of an intimidation thing or hunting ritual within the Predators animalistic nature. You may be right but I don't see how the kid will he able to do the clicking noises especially since I'd imagine the timing of each click would have to be perfect if it is indeed a language.

You're probably right, the clicking is something like cat purring, not actual language.

Predator_Spirit

I guess they're scared by the very negative reactions.

predator elite

That what I figured as well if he took it to someone higher up in government and they didn't believe him then you could say the first didn't happen or that particular person isn't informed on the predators

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 25, 2017, 08:03:36 PM
The Alien Predator wrote:
QuoteI wouldn't say all autistic people struggle with learning languages.

Daniel Trammel is autistic and he was able to learn an entire language in a week, I think he learned Icelandic if I remember correctly. And when he spoke to a native speaker after the week passed, they complimented him on how well he spoke.

Maybe the kid could be a Savant. It's where people with a difficulty in some areas experience a massive boost in other areas due to the brain administering focus over to those skills.

So in this kid's case, he may have trouble acting "normal" or understanding facial expressions or whatever it is he'd have trouble with, and his brain would re-organise by focusing in the language department hence his ability to learn new ones so well.

Well said, I could buy into that. I have no problem stretching some believability considering the mud/heat signature thing.

QuoteAnd like others have said, he'll probably learn the written words somehow rather than actually speak to a Predator.

Seems most likely right? I can't think of a scenario in which a Predator has a conversation with any human for whatever reason. Or maybe the government intercepts Pred signals?

Thanks.

Yeah, I also have no problems with suspending a bit of my own belief for some things in these movies either.

Regarding him learning their language. I can see it due to him maybe noticing some patterns in the Predator writing and somehow deciphering them. Autistic people see the world in different ways (technically, we all do, but some of them could be exceptionally gifted in some departments to make up for what they lack in others.) so the kid could be good at solving these language puzzles.

Think of it how linguists today have to try and decipher ancient texts that have no living people who speak that language. I am now curious as to how people study really ancient languages. How they know pronunciations and things like that.

D88M

OWLF

OWLF

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
'I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO'

Looks like your source was right about the kid. Seems like Shane is following his trend of putting kids in his films (Iron Man 3, The Nice Guys) and now The Predator. Could work if they pull it of right, we´ll have to wait and see.

Now all we need is an Arnold confirmation.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
'I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

I heard this from a very reputable source (using throwaway to protect that source if indeed this is true), and given Black's penchant for wise-cracking kids, it really does fit his MO'

that sounds terrible, so it might very well be true, anyway this movie is not canon so they can do whatever they want

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 25, 2017, 08:58:52 PM

I guess they're scared by the very negative reactions.

????

i am calling it right now, this movie will have stong political subtext and it will be about a group of people banding together against a Predator, unlike the "lone wolf" storylines of the first two, this will be  a team of town folks trying to survive the predator, and a kid

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed