Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,472 times)

SM

SM

QuoteThere's no way someone could take that kind of damage and be fine.

lolnope

blood.

blood.

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
QuoteThere's no way someone could take that kind of damage and be fine.

lolnope

I seriously doubt that guy took that and immediately strutted around going on about how desperate he was to get his train tracks finished.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2013, 03:24:25 AM
Didn't the bullet just graze his ear rather than penetrate his head?

He got clubbed by 86 or whatever his name was.

SM

SM

He could walk and talk after copping a bar through his brain.

Bishop cops a whack with a wrench which ends up being a glancing blow after his shoulder took the brunt.  The fact his ear is half hanging off is proof that his injury isn't even the same ballpark as Gage's.

blood.

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:00:12 AM
He could walk and talk after copping a bar through his brain.

Bishop cops a whack with a wrench which ends up being a glancing blow after his shoulder took the brunt.  The fact his ear is half hanging off is proof that his injury isn't even the same ballpark as Gage's.

That's a completely freak accident, and not even the same type of injury at all. A tapered rod moving so fast it was sent 25 meters away, compared to a slow moving blunt force impact capable of nearly ripping someone's ear off...  and the link you posted clearly states he was "talking within minutes". Bishop 2 was talking within seconds after getting clocked in the side of the head with a lead pipe or whatever.

Have you ever seen someone hit in the head with anything? They don't just shake it off man. But that story is completely crazy. The pipe must have destroyed the part of the brain that senses pain or something. My god.

SM

SM

QuoteBishop 2 was talking within seconds after getting clocked in the side of the head with a lead pipe or whatever.

You've just successfully undone your own argument.

If he'd been properly hit on the head, rather than glancing off the side - then you'd have a point. 

And - for the 20,723rd time in this thread - where's his white android blood and fast android reflexes?

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:16:01 AM
for the 20,723rd time in this thread

You just made my night :D

blood.

blood.

QuoteBishop 2 was talking within seconds after getting clocked in the side of the head with a lead pipe or whatever.

You've just successfully undone your own argument.

What? That isn't undoing my point.. that is my point. He's talking within seconds... after getting hit in the side of the head with a pipe that caused obvious and severe damage...

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:16:01 AMAnd - for the 20,723rd time in this thread - where's his white android blood and fast android reflexes?
He wasn't looking when he was hit? He might have been a special infiltration model to be as lifelike as possible...

I mean it really comes down to:
Can a human take massive damage to the head and completely ignore it immediately?
Can a corporation capable of making a synthetic person change the color of it's blood?

Both are possible but which one is more likely? 

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2013, 04:25:42 AM
for the 20,723rd time in this thread

You just made my night :D

lol I'm not the one who brought that up! Fact is it's up to personal preference what people will believe, and in my opinion, he's an android. It seems the more likely choice. If people are still gonna argue the same points after 20,723 times it's fairly obvious they aren't going to change their mind. But they aren't changing mine either with a freak accident that happened in the 1800s.

SM

SM

QuoteCan a human take massive damage to the head and completely ignore it immediately?

Bishop didn't "completely ignore it immediately".

QuoteCan a corporation capable of making a synthetic person change the color of it's blood?

"No", said every android ever.

QuoteFact is it's up to personal preference what people will believe, and in my opinion, he's an android.

"Fact" is - he's human.

blood.

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:40:47 AM
QuoteCan a human take massive damage to the head and completely ignore it immediately?

Bishop didn't "completely ignore it immediately".

Lol, you got me on a technicality. OK sorry,
Can a human take massive damage to the head and completely ignore it a few seconds later?

QuoteCan a corporation capable of making a synthetic person change the color of it's blood?

"No", said every android ever.

Oh so you know about every single android ever made in the aliens universe?

QuoteFact is it's up to personal preference what people will believe, and in my opinion, he's an android.

"Fact" is - he's human.

This is pointless.

SM

SM

QuoteOh so you know about every single android ever made in the aliens universe?

Ash, Bishop, Call, David.  Did I miss any?  Basic models through to second gen.  All white blood.  Ipso facto ad nauseum.

blood.

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:51:06 AM
QuoteOh so you know about every single android ever made in the aliens universe?

Ash, Bishop, Call, David.  Did I miss any?

I said Aliens universe, not aliens movies.

SM

SM

Save that for another forum.

This be movie talk.

DoomRulz

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Mar 25, 2013, 04:51:48 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:51:06 AM

Ash, Bishop, Call, David.  Did I miss any?

I said Aliens universe, not aliens movies.

When did Aliens become separated from the rest of the Alien films?

blood.

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2013, 04:52:47 AM
Save that for another forum.

This be movie talk.

Ok then, so in the movie aliens, Burke explains to Ripley that it's common practice to have a synthetic on board. In Alien resurrection Distephano comments that Call is categorized with "robots designed by robots"  This indicates that there are obviously more Androids in existence that are never shown. So how do we know what different models are available? We don't.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 25, 2013, 04:57:25 AM

When did Aliens become separated from the rest of the Alien films?

What i meant by that is the entire universe that all the movies are set in, Aliens is merely the name I used to reference that seeing as the species are referred to as aliens.

DoomRulz

You lost me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed