Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,478 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

I don't know, i didn't get the feel he was there for himself. he would have had to be conveniently close for the Patna to pick him up.

i believe he's important, but not *the* company's CEO or owner.

Vulhala

I can dig it. If he was that big a deal, he wouldn't need to take the risk of going himself. Why put himself in mortal danger (and remember, that's the whole reason they want the Alien in the first place; because it's so ridiculously f**king dangerous), when he could pay to send a small army to do it for him and watch it on TV somewhere.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Concerning the Bishop II-survived-the-wrench-to-the-head-therefore-he-must-be-an-android argument, what about that guy who Dillion bludgeoned with a pipe?  He was swinging away on him.  There was gore hanging on the pipe and everything.  That guy survived.  He was seen later with merely a bandage wrapped on his head.  Was he an android too?

xeno_alpha_07

Quotewhat about that guy who Dillion bludgeoned with a crowbar?

It was a pipe.

Kel G 426

Okay, pipe then.

QuoteThis also a weak for the pro-droid folks.

Comparing two (very) similar events within the same movie is weak?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 12, 2011, 04:30:24 PM
I can dig it. If he was that big a deal, he wouldn't need to take the risk of going himself. Why put himself in mortal danger (and remember, that's the whole reason they want the Alien in the first place; because it's so ridiculously f**king dangerous), when he could pay to send a small army to do it for him and watch it on TV somewhere.

Or a droid with red blood

Quote from: kelgaard on Oct 12, 2011, 05:00:13 PM
Concerning the Bishop II-survived-the-wrench-to-the-head-therefore-he-must-be-an-android argument, what about that guy who Dillion bludgeoned with a pipe?  He was swinging away on him.  There was gore hanging on the pipe and everything.  That guy survived.  He was seen later with merely a bandage wrapped on his head.  Was he an android too?

Back, not head and not by surprise and not as strong to rip a piece of his face

StrangeShape

* double

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: kelgaard on Oct 12, 2011, 05:24:01 PM
Okay, pipe then.

QuoteThis also a weak for the pro-droid folks.

Comparing two (very) similar events within the same movie is weak?

In short: just because it's true or false for this particular event doesn't mean that it's always true or false all the time.

EXAMPLE
Being loyal to your company causes you to look up photos of the company founders.

Variable A: People who are loyal to their company, who are hard workers, and are righteous in many ways (like Ripley in Alien)
Variable B: To look up photos of their company's founders 

A always --> B... yeah?  Or Correlation = Causation... right?

Spoiler
WRONG
[close]

Kel G 426

QuoteOr a droid with red blood

Why didn't Ash have red blood?  He was supposed to pass for human.

QuoteBack, not head

Oh?  Well maybe.  We couldn't really see, but I assumed it was his head since it was bandaged up later.

Quotenot by surprise

*shrug*

Quoteand not as strong to rip a piece of his face

What was the bloody thing on the end of the pipe?  I thought it was a piece of the guy's scalp.

QuoteIn short: just because it's true or false for this particular event doesn't mean that it's always true or false all the time.

Not always.  But sometimes it does.

QuoteOr Correlation = Causation... right?

You keep brandishing that phrase as if it's an absolute refutation of all opposing logic.  It isn't.

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteWhat was the bloody thing on the end of the pipe?  I thought it was a piece of the guy's scalp.

Are you referirng to the scene in which Dillon beats the hell out of Junior with the pipe?  If so, that wasn't blood.  It was copper wiring.

StrangeShape

Quote from: kelgaard on Oct 12, 2011, 06:32:28 PM

As oppose to Bishop, the crew didnt expect him to be a droid from the start

Xenomrph

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 12, 2011, 02:40:54 PM
If you don't think Deckard is a Replicant, Sir Ridley Scott thinks you're a moron.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20166134,00.html
I guess I'm a moron then, because I feel the movie makes it clear he's human. Apparently Harrison ford, the scriptwriters, and Philip K Dick are morons, too, as they all thought Deckard was human as well. In fact for a very long time, Ridley Scott thought Deckard was a human - he certainly did while making the movie, at least. Only years later did he come out and say that Deckard was a replicant, which confused the shit out of Harrison Ford.

Vulhala

Quote from: StrangeShape on Oct 12, 2011, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: kelgaard on Oct 12, 2011, 06:32:28 PM

As oppose to Bishop, the crew didnt expect him to be a droid from the start

What difference does that make? Ash was supposed to be undercover. You would think they would anticipate little things like cuts or scrapes etc. Same with Call.

What you have there are 2 examples pre- and post- Alien3 of Droids designed to infiltrate, mimic and to all intents and purposes replicate humans in every way, in order to appear one of us.

And that's without mentioning the fact that Bishop, as seen in Aliens, had White 'blood.' Alien3 is set mere days after the events in Aliens. Last time I checked, 'Super-Advanced' took slighty more time to happen.

"Shit, we need to fool her somehow, what do you suggest?"

"Um...I know! Red food dye in the blood!"

"You Sir, are a f**king genius."

Nah.

Kel G 426

And since they somehow know that Ripley has learned to trust an android, why trick her into thinking this guy is human if he's not?

Waldo

Waldo

Perhaps Bishop II really is a bigshot in the company and they've gone to greater lengths to hide the fact that he's a droid. Maybe he's been around for ages and everyone thinks he's the real deal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed