The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 76,898 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Apr 27, 2018, 11:10:22 AM
By the way, its funny how some users type some harsch words sometimes and nobody looking to it, not that I have ANY personal problem with it at all - looking to you Mr. Corporal Hicks and your previous behaviour against me esspecially (deleting tons of my comments about Predator). But Im remeber how I was wrongly attached a long ago into something in this similar comment section, something that was about me not respecting the rules of this website, so yeah. . its both funny and hilarious at the same time how people responsible for this website act against some of the people here. Pretty good memories.  ::)

Can you point out where people have crossed the line here? For someone who sure likes complaining about the film he hasn't seen yet and the website you sure seem to like coming back.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 27, 2018, 12:19:17 PM
To be honest what I don't understand is why didn't Shane just make a independent film that was original in the first place , with original aliens etc, why does he feel it's nessersary to change the lore? If this film was the same film but with new aliens and not predators it would be far more successful than it's going to be. Mutated predators is just over the top in every sense of the word. They are suppose to believe in the fair honourable fight,  how is pumping yourself full of DNA steroids doing that ? It's akin to doping at the Olympics , so to speak. Friendly predators I can sort of come to terms with, but the inconsistency in this new film is baffling.

Iirc didn't Fox specifically approach Black to make a Predator film?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

About the famous controversial "toy"
Spoiler
in the script it's just a kind of remote, so no need to get squeamish about it
[close]
people who described it probably couldn't know what they exactly saw.

Quote from: D88M on Apr 27, 2018, 02:33:05 AM
The end of the human race? Kid calling them to earth? Genetically altered predators? Sounds awful, the dna thing could be ok but i doubt it, and Iron Man 3 is a pretty bad movie, so i am not keeping my hopes up.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
It's like they purposefully picked a synopsis with buzzwords to just piss Predator fans off. Genetically engineered, disgruntled Science teacher, young boy.

I'm still waiting to see footage before I form an opinion but this isn't going to help with those out there that have already made up their minds.

Why would they try to get people NOT to watch the movie? You may be unto something though, maybe they want to create controversy so people will go watch it.

I believe he was probably being sarcastic... You know, playfully referring at, say, people like you  :P

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks I was under the assumption it was the other way round, but maybe I'm mistaken. Even so, I still think this film could be about any old aliens , it just happens that they are predators. There's virtually no sign of true predator lore so far , and it's rather disappointing, but even though my hopes are not high , I'm still waiting for the final product before I make my final judgment. Someone said they have an abusive relationship with alien, I feel the very same way about predator, I get treated like shi*t but I'm addicted and will always pay for more of the same! 😂 I still want this film to be successful regardless if I like it or not, only just to see predator survive the Disney onslaught.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

About that "glaive" thing, maybe it was a weapon added afterwards (which is cool) because there is no trace of it in the script.

Or maybe it was simply the single wristblade model we saw on the behind the scenes book cover, but showed too quickly to be identified as such.

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER to be honest in the entertainment buisness it's really hard to believe in "true predator lore".
I was a huge movie nerd when I was a teen, but after time I got to the decicion that it's no such thing as a true lore in "Entertainment". Each fan decidec for them selfs what is a true lore. For me personaly the first and second Predator is the true lore, but it's because of Thomas brothers, John Mct, Stephen Hopkins, and Stan Winston company(and also the fact that I was 4 when I watched it). But now for me personaly it's imposible to continue the true lore, because brothers Thomas don't get job from 20 century, Stan Winston not with us, and his team are all in different places now, John Mct has problems and Stephen Hopkins not so popular any more. So for me it's physically impossible to recreate that lore again  :)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic I get where your coming from bro , I think what I mean by lore , is the predator culture that was established in p1 and p2 just doesn't seem to exist in this new film. But that doesn't mean it isn't there , it just seems like it at this point .

Iv never really bought into the whole bad blood concept as I think it's unnecessary, as I said yesterday the lost tribe is a far superior way of bringing the franchise forward (or backwards if we were to get a prequel of sorts , going back to the 1700s would be fresh)  however I accept that's only my opinion and it's not true for everyone. I totally understand you my friend, there will always be winners and losers when it comes to iconic nostalgic franchises. I just believe things could be be different if it was in the right hands.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Sounds like complete trash. That dumb kid playing with a toy ship crash lands and let loose "upgrades". Gimme a break that's the best they could come up with or what they settled for.  Utter garbage. 

Lionhart

Lionhart

so some saw the trailer, couldn't someone just have snapped a photo or something damn

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2018, 02:14:08 AM
Quote from: Thedutchpredator on Apr 27, 2018, 01:40:00 AM
I don't think it's to much of a stretch to believe that not only do predators keep trophy's but they keep the DNA from their kills as well. It's not just our DNA they are mixing with but all kills from all planets they hunt it could explain the different looks and style of the predators we are getting with different movies could also explain a little why they hunt the strongest of our species so they can gain the attributes of their kill. I love the predator franchise but I for one don't want to see another team go against the predator and guess what a guy and girl survives and the predator dies and the We can't change the way fox are going we just need to enjoy it.
Now where is this trailer........

What was wrong with them just having different subspecies? Why does it have to be f*cking genetic dabbling bullsh*t?

Ah, this screams of BAD NEWS all over the place.

Agreed on both points.  Aside from the easy, "why not just make them a subspecies" (unless they're going to use the subspecies angle for a future film, like the philosopher predator mentioned in the comic, novel, don't remember which one).  The same formula of "team against predators" and "man and woman survive" and "predators die" is getting a bit tiresome.  I'm still going to throw my money at the franchise because hell I'm in it for the long hall (maybe I'm a part of the problem?  :laugh:) but it'd be nice if the formula changed at some point. 

Spoiler
I'm also having a hard time accepting the benevolence of the anti-hybrid predators in the movie.  Why would they care?  The leaked content doesn't really put forth a convincing argument for it.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 27, 2018, 03:10:53 PM
Spoiler
I'm also having a hard time accepting the benevolence of the anti-hybrid predators in the movie.  Why would they care?  The leaked content doesn't really put forth a convincing argument for it.
[close]

Because in the script
Spoiler
the hybrids and the regular preds are in a kind of cold war, the hybrids clearly want to kill regular preds, so they have to worry about it... And as to why the hybrids want the regular preds killed, well, it is stated that too much hybridation could cause them to become more violent/aggressive and less honorable
[close]

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

BigDaddyJohn it's all a bit wtf don't you think bud?
So let me get this straight , they expect us to believe that all those preds that have gone before us and hunted us , would just switch sides and help us all because they are now the prey, isn't that somehow downgrading them,  it's a bit extreme, maybe it's Shane blacks play on the word "predator" After all both the original predators from p1 and p2 became the prey in the end , and man became the predator.

Perhaps that's why they now respect us ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 27, 2018, 05:24:34 PM
So let me get this straight , they expect us to believe that all those preds that have gone before us and hunted us , would just switch sides and help us all because they are now the prey, isn't that somehow downgrading them,  it's a bit extreme, maybe it's Shane blacks play on the word "predator" After all both the original predators from p1 and p2 became the prey in the end , and man became the predator.

Hmm i guess it's downgrading in a way, yes. But i think if it's in order to tell a story with a bigger scale and bigger stakes overall, it could work somehow. And if the regular preds stay badass in the movie of course ! For that i have all faith in Shane Black, and based on the script the captured pred is badass enough for me  :)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 27, 2018, 04:59:27 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Because in the script
Spoiler
the hybrids and the regular preds are in a kind of cold war, the hybrids clearly want to kill regular preds, so they have to worry about it... And as to why the hybrids want the regular preds killed, well, it is stated that too much hybridation could cause them to become more violent/aggressive and less honorable
[close]

That's the part I don't understand.

Spoiler
The hybrids and regular predators are at odds with each other, fair enough.  Big ones kill small ones like in Predators.  But why would the regular predators care if the hybrids move into earth.  Maybe they're afraid that once they set up shop on a planet of their own, they'll proliferate too much and unable to be contained?  The abrupt switching of sides is sort of extreme...

From what I've seen, I still like the story.  As of now, the thing I'm most irked about are how uni-dimensional some of the main characters are (well, one in particular) but the whole "benevolent" spin (probably not the right word but meh) is kind of hard to swallow.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wysps on Apr 27, 2018, 06:16:29 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 27, 2018, 04:59:27 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Because in the script
Spoiler
[close]

That's the part I don't understand.

Spoiler
The hybrids and regular predators are at odds with each other, fair enough.  Big ones kill small ones like in Predators.  But why would the regular predators care if the hybrids move into earth.  Maybe they're afraid that once they set up shop on a planet of their own, they'll proliferate too much and unable to be contained?  The abrupt switching of sides is sort of extreme...

From what I've seen, I still like the story.  As of now, the thing I'm most irked about are how uni-dimensional some of the main characters are (well, one in particular) but the whole "benevolent" spin (probably not the right word but meh) is kind of hard to swallow.
[close]

Spoiler
I think it's because regular preds want to settle on earth in some unclear way too, but not in a conquerous/dominative way... And don't want their deadly fellow hybrid preds neighbouring them  :laugh:
[close]

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

I get that they have to sell this not just to predator fans but mainstream too. It's in that sense Iv learnt already to accept it for what it is. But one thing is no doubt and certain ...it's a very brave or stupid move fox and black have pulled, depending on the outcome box office success wise. That ultimately will be how the film judged.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed