Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 438,437 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I blast Humans Being when the twisters hit the ground.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 15, 2020, 01:10:39 AM
I blast Humans Being when the twisters hit the ground.

I thought all your blasting was done in the bathroom.

Huggs

Huggs

I have a long held fear of dying indoors.

The prospect of spending my final moments staring at the ceiling of a nursing home, gas station or grocery store, etc, cut off from the clean air and open sky has always bothered me.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't want a funeral, but I know it won't be up to me and that's frustrating.

Huggs

Huggs

I hear you. I don't believe in funerals or viewings anymore. All they do is lengthen the suffering of the family.

Having to sit there all day and talk to people and listen to speeches and  give speeches right in the middle of the worst moment of their lives just seems cruel to me. No sir. I won't put my people through it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2020, 07:56:11 PM

Can't you just specify that in your will? Or just tell folk? I'm honestly ignorant of these. It's not an actual legal requirement is it?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's not something I'd want to make a legal matter out of, but I'm uncomfortable with what I consider to be an unnecessary expense when that money could go to much better use helping my loved ones with their bills.  I'm just pragmatic like that.

The thought of being embalmed and gussied up by a mortician has always seemed ghoulish to me as well, but I'll just be a corpse so it doesn't really matter.  I'd rather be a cadaver for medical students to practice on after my salvageable organs have been harvested.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's fair. I'd also be inclined to do the same thing.

Kradan

Kradan

When AVPR trailer was released I was about 6-7 years old. I distinctly remember thinking that it was actually Ripley firing a gun on top of APC. Again, I was about 6-7 years old so I didn't know any better.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2020, 06:55:19 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2020, 07:56:11 PM

Can't you just specify that in your will? Or just tell folk? I'm honestly ignorant of these. It's not an actual legal requirement is it?

I believe you can specify it. You can also prepay for funeral services. I would not just leave it up to your people.

When my friend's father died unexpectedly some years ago, he had made no funeral arrangements whatsoever. So in the midst of his grief, my friend had to leave his mother and siblings,  go down to the funeral home and make the arrangements himself, and then write a $10,000 check to the funeral home. So two years later when he lost his job, all of his savings were gone and he had nothing to live on.

Just a few years later, my grandmother passed away without having made any Arrangements. After having been awake for almost 24 hours, having not slept since the death, my parents had to drive to the next town and meet with a funeral director to plan everything. It was a horrifying and unnecessary burden.

After it was all over, my family and I came to the agreement that we all wished to be cremated as quickly as possible upon death and that no services would be held for any of us. The financial and emotional price is simply too devastating to force upon your loved ones.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Unfortunately, my family is the type to spend money they don't have on shit they don't need.  It's infuriating, but they're not going to change.

Huggs

Huggs

Some people just believe that money is meant to be spent.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, that's why they're always broke.

Huggs

Huggs

My grandmother (rest her soul) was the same way. She sent all her money to Benny Hinn or whatever his name was, and buying cheap " As Seen On TV" products.

Left her children with a garage full of rusted junk and a house that was falling in. Had about fifty bucks in the bank and no will. That was a year long mess right there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed