Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 437,456 times)

Lie

Lie

I love this image!

Trainer Red

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Back when rail-gun shooting games like 'Virtua Cop' and 'House of the Dead' were popular in the arcade, I'd always spend double the amount of tokens to play and wield dual guns instead of just one.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Charles Xavier on Feb 27, 2013, 03:05:20 AM
Back when rail-gun shooting games like 'Virtua Cop' and 'House of the Dead' were popular in the arcade, I'd always spend double the amount of tokens to play and wield dual guns instead of just one.

Holy shit, this.

THIS. :laugh:

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: King Rathalos on Feb 27, 2013, 03:06:40 AM
Quote from: Charles Xavier on Feb 27, 2013, 03:05:20 AM

Holy shit, this.

THIS. :laugh:

Oh god, House of the Dead. One of my first zombie arcade games.  ;)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

College was far from what I originally wanted in life.

Ever since I was 12 I wanted to be a soldier, largely inspired my great uncle from WW2 who started out in the Battle of Britain in 1940 and fell in Holland 1945. From then on I had a pro military life style and held things like loyalty and honour very highly and I loved military history and music and ideas like heroism. I even joined army cadets and was seen by some as a "shining star" in the cadet corps. I wore the black beret of the armoured recon with pride, was once double promoted, and aged out at 19 a highly respected Sergeant. I miss them sometimes, and I felt much pride when doing things like rifle drill. Or firing a weapon for the first time (10 rounds), the Lee Enfield Bolt Action Rifle, and getting my first bulls-eye and a good grouping, then later becoming a Marksman First Class.

But when the moment of truth came I wasn't accepted due to the aptitude test, there is a reason why some Canadians move to the U.S to enlist, it's easier. But I'm too patriotic for such a move, though I was tempted, I love my country.

I can't rely on my family forever so I couldn't just sit around forever, but it was very difficult as the army was the only thing I knew. When my brother decided to go to college for Fish and Wildlife Technician I jumped on the wagon, so I could get the education to get a good job. It was the August before college started when I went to the annual fair and horse show like I have most my whole life that is when I replaced the black beret with the now iconic black cowboy hat.

Now my future is up in the air. I might try my hand at the army again, I might become a tracker/ranger, I might get into the agricultural business. I'm just tryin' to get by in the world. I have way less friends then I once did, in fact very very few these days. At first I was intensely bothered by this but these days I have comfortably accepted it.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I like trains.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've been on a train once, an African Wild Safari train.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Ive been on the train from Frankfurt,Germany to Prague,Czech Republic.

That was a interesting journey.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I've never been on a train.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'd like to go on a train vacation across the countryside.

In that Safari I kind of wish it was a train for the whole thing, because at one point with the car it got f**ked up by a Rhino. Then again I was pretty little then and didn't know any better, meaning that rather than screaming in fear like the kids in Jurassic Park I was laughing the biggest laughs like a little lunatic.

Good thing it wasn't our car, it was my older step brother's. When we barely got home he saw the huge dents in the side and was like "WHATHEF**K!".

PredalienXenomorph

I want to go cage diving with the Great Whites off the coast of South Africa Or Australia as a dream vacation. That would be a hell of an experience(especially since those cages are not shark proof)

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 01, 2013, 07:31:16 AM
I'd like to go on a train vacation across the countryside.

In that Safari I kind of wish it was a train for the whole thing, because at one point with the car it got f**ked up by a Rhino. Then again I was pretty little then and didn't know any better, meaning that rather than screaming in fear like the kids in Jurassic Park I was laughing the biggest laughs like a little lunatic.

Good thing it wasn't our car, it was my older step brother's. When we barely got home he saw the huge dents in the side and was like "WHATHEF**K!".

One of my friends went on a safari last year helping out some villages. one of the mini buses that they where going to get into got rolled by a damn Elephant lol. lucky it happened on its way to pick them up instead of them being in it.

place is wild.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I have been on a train before in fact its really the only real way to get to Chicago

Spoiler

Been on this train too
[close]

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 01, 2013, 07:35:32 AM
I have been on a train before in fact its really the only real way to get to Chicago

Spoiler

Been on this train too
[close]

Well, that makes two of us then.  ;)

Spoiler
[close]

OT: Britney Spears' 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' song is so overrated, even when it first came out. 'Sometimes' was a MUCH better song, IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed