Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 437,517 times)

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Terx2 on Aug 15, 2011, 06:43:35 AM
Cold... I think :-\. I'll go to the doctors tomorrow to find out.

It's not the first time when you have problem with breathing, if I remember correctly... so better check it very strictly. Good luck. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Aug 15, 2011, 05:07:29 AM
:laugh:
Ha, that's a great way to come up with a name for a computer.

Another curious fact:
I'm not screwing with any of you when I say I've forgoten how to ride a bike. I learned when I was small, and very recently tried to get on one and utterly failed. I prove that saying wrong then.

I didn't learn how to ride a bike until last year :D When I was younger my bike got all rusty before I could learn, and I never got another one. So my friends forced me to learn last summer :P

The PredBen

The PredBen

I'm terrified that a cryptozoological creature will attack me at night. This doesn't happen often ... But it happens.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 15, 2011, 07:06:24 PM
I'm terrified that a cryptozoological creature will attack me at night. This doesn't happen often ... But it happens.

Same here, especially since I live in the back woods of Tennessee.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm a flag waver.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I'm kind of a big deal on a fairly irrelevant social media site that falsely inflates my ego.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

When I was 12 that is when I first felt that to be a soldier was my true destiny! I always loved the idea of being noble, strong and couragous, as well as compassionate, loyal and protective. Back in July the great dream was blown to pieces. What does that make me now? A soldier without an army. I actually like the sound of that.  ;D "The Soldier Without an Army".

Ghostface

Ghostface

Could be worse Crazy Rich. Many soldiers are forced to kill for the wrong reasons. Better to live a noble life than to take another's away without proper reason.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well as far as killing for the wrong reasons because your forced to. The reality is you always have a choice. I remember a World War 2 story. It was the winter of 1942 outside Stalingrad. A Russian soldier was caught and taken prisoner. A German officer ordered an infantry soldier to shoot him. He refused, and after further direct orders to shoot him he still refused. The German officer then pointed a pistol in his face and ordered him once more, he refused knowing very well he could most likely be shot for his disobedience. The officer then stomped away in anger. Sadly as the unarmed Russian tried to escape someone else shot him. Point is you always have a choice, even if that choice leads to your death. Which stresses that if someone can't accept the fact they could die in military service they shouldn't be in the army.

As for taking lives. The way I see it, you shoot them or else they shoot you. If you have prisoners, you treat them like any other human being.

Ghostface

Ghostface

What if you kill many people in service. You have done your duty as a soldier. You have done your country proud.

How would you feel if you later found out your duty was a lie. You killed people due to politics. Would you still feel the same or does that change things?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't care much for politics in war.

Of course I can only speak for myself but this video states what I believe pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJTfuau3hw#

Ghostface

Ghostface

I wouldn't presume to question your moral compass. I also always felt the spirit of the soldier. I chose the path of martial arts and follow the Bushido. That's my personal preference.

If my country were to be invaded and the lives and freedoms of my people were in question, I would be the first man on the frontline. The reason I never started a military career is because I would hate to be sent half way around the world to kill others for a cause I didn't believe in. I would be the very invaders I swore to fend off.

With the way things are at the moment there is an extremely higher chance of killing overseas than defending my home.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

That's understandable. I've read up on Bushido.  :) I was an Army Cadet in the Queen's Rangers and got as high in rank as(Cadet) Sergeant.

My opinion on politics... I favor living in a democratic country and having the right to vote but other than that I think politics are just stupid.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Which is fair enough. It is stupid.

What I was referring to though was there are a lot of angry Vietnam Vets. For a lot of them, that war changed their life. It left them physically and emotionally scarred. Not to mention the things they did in the name of their country. A lot of them witnessed things that would haunt someone for many lifetimes. A lot of them are now extremely angry to find out that the reason why they went there was all a fabricated lie. I think for a crippled vet there could be nothing more crushing than to find out it was all for nothing  :-\

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Oh, the politcis part of my post was a seperate curious fact, not as a response to what you said last.

My bad?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed