New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 121,845 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 12:42:23 AM
Quote from: germanator2 on Dec 09, 2020, 10:56:18 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2020, 02:12:30 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 01:53:36 PM-Humans are no match for Gorillas. A Gorilla can literally rip your arm out of its socket with minimal effort.

And Predators have been shown literally ripping people in two with their bare hands.

So what does humans (weaker) doing martial arts against a Gorilla (stronger), have to do with Predators (stronger) doing martial arts against humans (weaker)?
You basically just answered why martial arts would look silly by the Predator against humans. Predators stand a good 7ft or more over humans, and yeah, are stronger in every way. One kick or punch will probably send em across the room. It just becomes cheesy. That whole backhand/slap by the Jungle Predator was basically just to taunt Dutch that he's superior in every way to him, so that's why it works.

Not really. The whole Gorilla analogy doesn't make a lick of sense with regards to what I'm saying. But I digress.

Humans get sent across across the room from slaps and tackles anyway. My idea is that instead of the 30 year old slap, I'd (and MANY other people) want to see a competent movie monster actually make purposely, strong looking physical attacks. We are approaching the the 7th film featuring these creatures, and I'm personally no longer contempt with repeating what we have already seen over and over again.

It's very simple for me. And it's not just fight scenes. They need to stop trying to recreate the first film, too. That horse has been beaten to death, and they have thus far failed to capture the spirit of that film. So instead of trying to ape McTiernan's original film for the umpteenth time, let's do something just and powerful, before we run this franchise all the way into the ground.

See. It is always the same...

Every time new film is announced there is a guy who pretends to know what is the best for the franchise and that old way should be dropped, cause they are old and new is cool and all. It`s not true and constant need to outstand earlier films and reinvent the franchise gave us such pieces of marvel as AvP-R and TheP.

...There is no stoppi`n what can`t be stopped, nor killi`n what can`t be killed...

Insted, what really should be done is focusing on what first two films did that they work so well. Solid scrpit and good costumes are repeted every so often, but what really is the core of first two is that they are basiclly genere films with Predator in them. It dosen`t really matter if it`s about Indians and Collonists, Samurai and Ronin or Soldiers and Terrorists/Freedom Fighters/ Guerillas, as long as it`s established conflict with Predator dropped into the mix, we should be fine (See what I did here :P). Just look at Batman vs. Predator. It`s standard Batman story with Predator is it and it`s excellent, on pair with first two films! So.

...Prepare Yourself!

Because after few years, when Predator8 is produced, there`ll be another guy that will say kung-fu predator is gunk and what we really need are lasers from eyes, becuse plasmacaster is 35 year old and we need new!

PS.

My not attacking you SOL, just present the example.

Sol

Quote from: Master on Dec 10, 2020, 11:00:15 AM

Every time new film is announced there is a guy who pretends to know what is the best for the franchise and that old way should be dropped, cause they are old and new is cool and all. It`s not true and constant need to outstand earlier films and reinvent the franchise gave us such pieces of marvel as AvP-R and TheP.

This is all over the place. And also, with how that started I don't know how you wouldn't expect someone to not take offense to that. I'll just say this, I've not only been a fan of these films most of my 30+ years of life, I've been part of this forum for over a decade. I don't post often, but with such sporadic project release times, I wouldn't expect too many people always active on a subject specific message board. It makes sense that activity spikes with the fandom when activity spikes with the IP.

Because after few years, when Predator8 is produced, there`ll be another guy that will say kung-fu predator is gunk and what we really need are lasers from eyes, becuse plasmacaster is 35 year old and we need new!

Again, these weird leaps in logic. I want this intergalactic space hunter to throw a real punch, and that is in someway the equivalent of laser eyes to you. Neat.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 10, 2020, 05:50:43 AM
The good old days when users were excited by Requiem. I'm sure some of those veterans from the ancient canon wars are among us right now.

I joined up in 2009, and even by that point I hadn't seen AVPR yet. :D

Watched it one year later, when it debuted on cable. And I never bothered with it again after that.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 10, 2020, 02:15:45 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 10, 2020, 05:50:43 AM
The good old days when users were excited by Requiem. I'm sure some of those veterans from the ancient canon wars are among us right now.

I joined up in 2009, and even by that point I hadn't seen AVPR yet. :D

Watched it one year later, when it debuted on cable. And I never bothered with it again after that.

I showed up a year later for the Prometheus hype, I think you replied to my first ever post.

Highland

I joined pre - AVP, when I believed everything that Paul Anderson was saying sounded cool.

Sol

Sol

Been here since 2007. I'm sure talking about the games is what brought me here originally.

On subject, I think it's time to let another team tackle the costume work and special effects. I like ADI, but they always leave something to be desired with their work on Predator, with me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 04:45:44 PM
Been here since 2007. I'm sure talking about the games is what brought me here originally.

On subject, I think it's time to let another team tackle the costume work and special effects. I like ADI, but they always leave something to be desired with their work on Predator, with me.

Agreed. ADI had three shots. They made their stamp. That's more than any FX house can ask for. Now it's time to switch and see if another can do better. :)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2020, 04:44:26 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 10, 2020, 08:17:23 AM
ADI or bust

After listening to the last podcast I agree that you're very good at picking the most terrible shots

And for the recod, I was joking. I don't give a f**k who does Predator suits in the next movie. But I don't have that much of a problem with ADI work

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 10, 2020, 07:57:07 PM

After listening to the last podcast I agree that you're very good at picking the most terrible shots

It's easy when there's no good ones.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 10, 2020, 07:57:07 PM

The pic above was supposed to be a humorous reaction meme to your comment.  :)

And in regards to "picking the most terrible shots", often I'm using screenshots or gifs direct from the film. There is no act of malice here trying to catch them in a quick bad angle so I can disguise well crafted Predators as, in my opinion, disappointingly designed Predators. Thats why I gently pushed back on that in the podcast with RidgeTop.

If these are picking deliberately terrible shots, I'm not certain what am I supposed to use to describe my personal issues with them. :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I honestly can't understand the defense of these effects. Fugitive was the best of the ADI predators and he's still a million miles from the quality of City and Jungle Hunter.

No offense to ADI but they just can't get the predators right.

I actually enjoy AvP but when Scars mask comes off its just so very cringeworthy.

Master

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 02:02:14 PM

This is all over the place. And also, with how that started I don't know how you wouldn't expect someone to not take offense to that. I'll just say this, I've not only been a fan of these films most of my 30+ years of life, I've been part of this forum for over a decade. I don't post often, but with such sporadic project release times, I wouldn't expect too many people always active on a subject specific message board. It makes sense that activity spikes with the fandom when activity spikes with the IP.

Again, these weird leaps in logic. I want this intergalactic space hunter to throw a real punch, and that is in someway the equivalent of laser eyes to you. Neat.

Once again It's not personal and not directly focused at you. If I had anyone specific in mind, it would probably be BishopShouldGo  and the other guy nick I don't remember who, after horrid script for TheP leaked and started stinking, were claiming that this is the best script ever and what Predator franchise desperately needs. When I hear that things from ealier films are so old and desperately needs updating, I start seeing parallels.

Wysps

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 10, 2020, 09:54:23 PM
I honestly can't understand the defense of these effects. Fugitive was the best of the ADI predators and he's still a million miles from the quality of City and Jungle Hunter.

No offense to ADI but they just can't get the predators right.

I actually enjoy AvP but when Scars mask comes off its just so very cringeworthy.

Word. They've had enough opportunities imo, and time. After all these years, if they're still tweaking and producing Predators so far from the original, then the mantle may as well be passed on to another studio for their take.

Master

Is Stan Winston's Studio still working, or they are running only a school now?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed