Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 52,799 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2021, 12:43:46 PM
The Predator is better though, simply because it's not 100% complete shit.

Are ya sure?

Kradan

Kradan

Yes, I'm sure

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 06, 2021, 03:57:07 PMAre ya sure?

I'm entirely sure.

Whatever sins it commits elsewhere, I will maintain until the day I die that the opening in Mexico and the lab breakout scene are actually really good, and comfortably the best live-action Predator action we've seen since Predator 2.

Nothing in Requiem is actually really good. Nothing in Requiem is even mediocre. It's all just unwatchable, hateful shit.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 06, 2021, 10:58:56 AM
It's now amended so users can change their votes.  :)

f**kin' cheating man

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Awww, thanks Voodoo!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 06, 2021, 04:42:20 PM

Awww, thanks Voodoo!

You got it!

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Huggs

Would you say they have a "plethora" of votes?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2021, 04:24:26 PM

I'm entirely sure.

Whatever sins it commits elsewhere, I will maintain until the day I die that the opening in Mexico and the lab breakout scene are actually really good, and comfortably the best live-action Predator action we've seen since Predator 2.

Nothing in Requiem is actually really good. Nothing in Requiem is even mediocre. It's all just unwatchable, hateful shit.

Agreed. The lab sequence is just fantastic. The Predator may go off the rails after he gets out, but before that is genuinely good stuff.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Damn ! The love ! The love !  :-*

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2021, 08:04:15 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2021, 04:24:26 PM

I'm entirely sure.

Agreed. The lab sequence is just fantastic. The Predator may go off the rails after he gets out, but before that is genuinely good stuff.

Before that lab sequence is genuinely good stuff? Say it isn't so brother Hicks!

McKenna's lame hostage betting joke? His dull encounter with the Pred? The mailing of the mask and swallowing the ball? Roy getting picked on? Rory and the chess boards pieces? Rory gets the mask from the mailman? Rory deciding what to be for Halloween with mom? Rory plays with the bio-mask? McKenna's unconvincing tough guy routine and quips during the interrogation? Do I get a cookie now?

Oofa! The lab fight is definitely good stuff. But anything other than the Predator Ships to me before that lab scene is below average at best and often cringey. Even the fakeish looking blood falling on the Predator's face that HuDaFuK is going to rave about in 5... 4.....3.....  ;D

To me the best stuff comes after the lab scenes, like once Sterling K. Brown starts chewing scenery, the escape outside the lab, the genuinely funny scene surrounding an unconscious Casey and the Loonies in the hotel room, the Upgrade Predator against Stargazer, etc. That's the stuff I can still mindlessly enjoy with a beer in my hand. :)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 07, 2021, 09:18:40 AM
Damn ! The love ! The love !  :-*

Yay !  :D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

While I do enjoy the lab breakout scene, it is actually there that the predator look the most like a guy in a suit.

Huggs

Huggs

This page is filling with heresy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed