Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 71,897 times)

Despicable Dugong

Despicable Dugong

QuoteTheron revealed after the screening that her character is initially detached from the mission, but has actually got a very personal reason for being there. Curioser and curioser...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/prometheus-footage-reveal-report/

I'll bet my bottom dollar that Miss Vickers is REALLY Miss Weyland and she's there to look after Daddy!  ;D

QuoteScott was then asked a quesiton about the rating of the original Alien, but his answer was a more general one. Starting with a half-joking "I want a certificate that's best for the box office", he made a valid arguement that it's in everyone's interest to make a film that is as accessible to as big an audience as possible. After all, he pointed out, if a studio doesn't make its money back, there are no movies. Even if a rubbish film is a hit, overall it's a good thing. I have to say, as much as I'd like to see a full-on R/18 rated Prometheus, I understand completely that studios are running a business – Scott himself said is a director and a business man. Given that movies like The Woman in Black and The Hunger Games are pushing boundries at the lower rating, I don't think we should be too worried if Prometheus ends up a PG-113/12A – after all, there's always the likely uncut video release.

http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2012/04/prometheus-footage-screening-and-qa-report/

Fair enough really, the studios do have to make money from these projects. Fingers crossed for the directors cut being 18+!

x-M-x

x-M-x

The studios do have to make money from these projects???

Seems to me there just as scared... just like Fox are terrified to push the envelope a bit further..... like cmon... FOX can push for an R/18 Rating.. but they just think of the kids... -_- the hell with that I say.

FOX care about money not about the franchise (AVP example) that was R wasn't it? and it went down hill... if Scott was given full power to make an R/18 Rating Prometheus... it would be the most sickest thing to date.

OpenMaw

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 10, 2012, 05:46:59 PM

Seems to me there just as scared... just like Fox are terrified to push the envelope a bit further..... like cmon... FOX can push for an R/18 Rating.. but they just think of the kids... -_- the hell with that I say.

FOX care about money not about the franchise (AVP example) that was R wasn't it? and it went down hill... if Scott was given full power to make an R/18 Rating Prometheus... it would be the most sickest thing to date.

AVP-R was fantastic for an R rated film.

...Oh wait, no it wasn't.  :)

Yeah, FOX cares about making money. That's not a bad thing. If Prometheus can deliver a good story and solid atmosphere i'm not really going to miss gore too much.

Despicable Dugong

Business is about maximising your profits not pandering to fanbois. Not that I would not appreciate being pandered to! I can, however, understand where they are coming from.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Despicable Dugong on Apr 10, 2012, 06:05:51 PM

Business is about maximising your profits not pandering to fanbois. Not that I would not appreciate being pandered to! I can, however, understand where they are coming from.

True,

But they can at least give what the fans REALLY WANT n make money at the same time... im sure FOX trust Scott?
(seems they don't) - sh!t happens tho...

OpenMaw

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 10, 2012, 06:09:47 PM
True,

But they can at least give what the fans REALLY WANT n make money at the same time... im sure FOX trust Scott?
(seems they don't) - sh!t happens tho...

What fans really want is a good story, solid atmosphere, a solid cast and good characters. Gore, violence, and language are a seasoning. You don't need buckets of blood to make something seem intense or scary.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Eva on Apr 10, 2012, 01:51:50 PM
Quote...before a hologram of Peter Weyland introduces the lead scientists and congratulates them on the mission ahead. As suggested by his TED talk, it's to be one of discovery. He also makes reference to David the android, describing him as "a son" before referring to his absence of a soul. David looks a bit hurt.
I just can't wait anymore for this film... I can't anymore... I need help, guys...
Oh god, I know-- that was the part that really got me, too.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I'm sure many people noticed this error, but many sites who recently veiwed the Q&A footage are quoting different dates of when the Prometheus ship is first introduced to the audience.

According to George Wales of Total film, Martyn Contario of Cenimart and even the Prometheus Movie News website itself, the year the Prometheus arrives for it's mission to LV-223 appears to be 2093. Yet other reports by Brendan Connelly of Bleeding Cool and Tony Scudder of Film Chronicles, put the date much closer to what was originally stated as 2085 and say the footage included a title card that lays the date at 2083. So what's the story on this, anyone know why people are seeing different dates when only one can be correct?

Despicable Dugong

Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 10, 2012, 07:21:34 PM
I'm sure many people noticed this error, but many sites who recently veiwed the Q&A footage are quoting different dates of when the Prometheus ship is first introduced to the audience.

According to George Wales of Total film, Martyn Contario of Cenimart and even the Prometheteus Movie News website itself, the year the Prometheus arrives for it's mission to LV-223 appears to be 2093. Yet other reports by Brendan Connelly of Bleeding Cool and Tony Scudder of Film Chronicles, put the date much closer to what was originally stated as 2085 and say the footage included a title card that lays the date at 2083. So what's the story on this, anyone know why people are seeing different dates when only one can be correct?

Typo probably.

Valaquen

NGR01

NGR01

Hard to not read those reports but it's tomorrow morning for me.
I'm glad it's not spoilerific stuff they showed.
Can't wait ^^

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Despicable Dugong on Apr 10, 2012, 07:33:22 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Apr 10, 2012, 07:21:34 PM

According to George Wales of Total film, Martyn Contario of Cenimart and even the Prometheteus Movie News website itself, the year the Prometheus arrives for it's mission to LV-223 appears to be 2093. Yet other reports by Brendan Connelly of Bleeding Cool and Tony Scudder of Film Chronicles, put the date much closer to what was originally stated as 2085 and say the footage included a title card that lays the date at 2083. So what's the story on this, anyone know why people are seeing different dates when only one can be correct?

Typo probably.

Yeah you're probably right about it being a typo, but who is actually correct!! I also noticed the same mistake been made with the initial discovery, the cave scene from the trailer on the Isle of Skye, in which some reports stated the year was 2079, the date I believe to be the correct one, while others say the discovery was made in 2089.  ...oh well.  :)

Bad Replicant

As well as the now well-known "star chart" element in the image, with a taller figure (representative of the Space Jockey) pointing to the heavens, one of the cave drawings shows a big, deadly looking... something, attacking a group of smaller human figures.

This thing is not humanoid, nor does it look like the standard Alien series xenomorph. It's pale, too – not coloured in like the Jockey. For now, there's no telling if this is just a red herring or a little bit of set-up.

Interesting. This, um, whatever it is, perhaps?

dembones

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Apr 10, 2012, 09:24:05 PM
As well as the now well-known "star chart" element in the image, with a taller figure (representative of the Space Jockey) pointing to the heavens, one of the cave drawings shows a big, deadly looking... something, attacking a group of smaller human figures.

This thing is not humanoid, nor does it look like the standard Alien series xenomorph. It's pale, too – not coloured in like the Jockey. For now, there's no telling if this is just a red herring or a little bit of set-up.

Interesting. This, um, whatever it is, perhaps?

I've always thought that tentacle belonged to Shaw's rapidly growing squidlet.

Deuterium

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 10, 2012, 07:47:41 PM
EMPIRE online has a write-up: http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs/empire-states/post/p1219

From Empire online article:

QuoteFor example, we learned that the planet on which much of the action takes place is designated LV-223. Just a stone's throw, astronomically speaking, from LV-426, home of Alien and Aliens.

2. Another connection comes in the subtitles informing us about the Prometheus, as Scott did with the Nostromo. It has a crew of 17 (ten more than the Nostromo), it is very, very far from Earth (if we recall correctly, 32x1014 km from Earth, which is approximately 32 HUNDRED TRILLION kilometres from our home planet. Quite a way to go.).

Hmmm, not sure I would qualify a system which is 338 light years away from Earth (if Empire Online is accurate about the km), as a "stone's throw away" from ZR2 (LV-426), which is 39 light years away.  Sure, from a galactic perspective, they are practically on top of each other, but from a local, stellar perspective, they are significantly far apart...by almost a full order of magnitude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed