Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 143,454 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 28, 2011, 06:34:57 PM
I was able to, because she didn't act like Ripley at all. When I removed my Alien fandom from the equation, it was just a film that had Sigourney Weaver in it.

How does Ripley act? Running from Aliens scared? Coz that's more or less what happened in Res.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

For one thing, she doesn't say shit like "Who do I have to f**k to get off this boat?"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

See, Res had dialogue unlike Requiem but geez, it was sometimes just as painful as Requiem's lack of it.

SM

SM

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 28, 2011, 06:55:45 PM
For one thing, she doesn't say shit like "Who do I have to f**k to get off this boat?"

I guess the whole thing about her being mostly Ripley, but kinda not all Ripley...

Oh, why the f**k do I bother...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

But it wasnt Ripley. Not that I defend or would ever defend Resurrection which I consider one of the dumbest if not the dumbest scifi movie in history, but what Weaver played was one of 8 mutant clones (sounds like something from Marvel comics or cheap scifi flicks not Alien saga) created from dead Ripley's blood, with a cliche personality of an 80s tough guy and stupid X-Men superpowers

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

It was Deadpool's mother.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: StrangeShape on Aug 29, 2011, 11:19:47 AM

But it wasnt Ripley. Not that I defend or would ever defend Resurrection which I consider one of the dumbest if not the dumbest scifi movie in history, but what Weaver played was one of 8 mutant clones (sounds like something from Marvel comics or cheap scifi flicks not Alien saga) created from dead Ripley's blood, with a cliche personality of an 80s tough guy and stupid X-Men superpowers

That's exactly what I'm saying. It wasn't Ripley. Which makes it easier for me to forget that it was an Alien film. It was just some sci-fi movie with Sigouney Weaver in it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

So you're cloning a woman 200 years after her death, and you expect her to --

Uh.

Quote from: SM on Aug 28, 2011, 11:41:35 PM
Oh, why the f**k do I bother...
Words cannot say how much I agree.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 05, 2011, 09:51:01 PM
So you're cloning a woman 200 years after her death, and you expect her to --

Uh.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I didn't expect her to act the same. In fact, I'm glad she didn't, because it made it easier for me to forget that it was supposed to be an Alien film.

As I said, it wound up being a mediocre sci-fi film with Sigourney Weaver. If I think of it as an Alien film, my piss begins to boil.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You said she didn't act like Ripley and that was a problem for you. Sounds to me like you did expect her to.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm not sure what I'm saying anymore.

All I know is A:R as a film = okay.

As an Alien film = shit.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Both are insults to filmography. The only saving grace of A:R was Ron Perlman and Brad Dourif (you know, the guy who actually treated Ripley like a person and not a dog like the other scientists?) and AVP:R was just messed up on so many levels. The saving grace is The Wolf, the Aliens and the Predalien. But the characters? The plot? the setting? the predator homeworld??? Noooo....

SM

SM

Quoteyou know, the guy who actually treated Ripley like a person and not a dog like the other scientists?

She was a meat by product.  How should she be treated?

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Sep 20, 2011, 05:55:15 PM
Both are insults to filmography. The only saving grace of A:R was Ron Perlman and Brad Dourif (you know, the guy who actually treated Ripley like a person and not a dog like the other scientists?) and AVP:R was just messed up on so many levels. The saving grace is The Wolf, the Aliens and the Predalien. But the characters? The plot? the setting? the predator homeworld??? Noooo....
I'm in the middle on this one. While I chose Alien: Resurrection only because I see it as superior film, I do find AVPR more entertaining.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Why isn't "They are both poor" winning.
I worry about you guys  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed