Engineers and Black Goo?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2024, 12:32:21 AM

Author
Engineers and Black Goo? (Read 5,820 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 12, 2024, 08:39:55 PMSo many silly actions happen.

Ledworth saying he is going to take a piss only to just have a ciggy break. Why didn't he just say he was going for a ciggy break?  Hardly an illegal or bad reason.

Hallet putting his face right up to a spore sac.

Rosenthal going off alone etc.

Touching a cobra alien..

Having sex after being on a unknown planet with who knows what pathogens.. I mean just cuz your tech doesn't detect anything bad doesn't mean something isn't there.

Following a android who you saw just try to bond with s Neomorph and then trust him around a bunch of eggs... 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Not wearing helmets, sticking their faces in weird ass eggs after a synthetic weirdo told them it was safe... And the list goes on...

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 12, 2024, 08:39:55 PMSo many silly actions happen.

Ledworth saying he is going to take a piss only to just have a ciggy break. Why didn't he just say he was going for a ciggy break?  Hardly an illegal or bad reason.

Hallet putting his face right up to a spore sac.

Rosenthal going off alone etc.

Karine was running ecology samples so I imagine if Ledward had said he was going to smoke a cig, she would've rebutted saying she didn't want him possibly polluting/contaminating the environment with unnatural chemicals and litter.

Given Rosenthal was an armed member or the security team and saw that the Neomorphs could be killed with gunfire, and David was still alive and well within the temple after 11 years, she must've felt safe enough to venture off to clean up her wounds.

With Hallet, the away team just spent the last handful of hours on the planet and hadn't encountered danger, animals, or insects of any kind, and plants/fungi aren't lethal unless touched or eaten, I imagine he didn't think much of it. He also had gloved hands when he did decide to disturb it. I mean, Ledward didn't put his face in front of the spore sac and it still managed to infect him.

;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: GrimmVision on Apr 12, 2024, 09:13:36 PMI imagine he didn't think much of it.

So does a lot of characters in a lot of scenes  :laugh:

Eal

Eal

I don't know, I feel the goo needs a fresh perspective. Anyone but Lindeloff and Spahts this time, just to keep things interesting? Hopefully Fede can find a way to make the black goo terrifying.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well, there's no Lindelof or Spaihts here, so there's that.

irn

irn

Quote from: Eal on Apr 18, 2024, 05:20:11 PM
I don't know, I feel the goo needs a fresh perspective. Anyone but Lindeloff and Spahts this time, just to keep things interesting? Hopefully Fede can find a way to make the black goo terrifying.

It's frustrating that the damage they caused now needs people to work hard to retrospectively make it work.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I love what Alien: The Cold Forge & Alien: Into Charybdis made with the prequel lore.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2024, 07:54:28 PMI love what Alien: The Cold Forge & Alien: Into Charybdis made with the prequel lore.

Too bad f**k all was done with it.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 19, 2024, 07:54:28 PMI love what Alien: The Cold Forge & Alien: Into Charybdis made with the prequel lore.

Too bad f**k all was done with it.

You mean movie-wise, or what the novel followups do with the plot threads introduced in Cold Forge and Into Charybdis? I've never read em myself so curious.

SiL

SiL

Either. The novels don't do the same things.

Highland

Highland

Everyone gave cold forge rave reviews, but I thought it was just "decent"

I was waiting on some twists and turns that just never really hit.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I think Cold Forge is great, but Into Charybdis is even better.

Would love to see White get to tackle another one at some point.

I know they weren't on the picture of his shelf, but some of the stuff I've heard about Romulus almost makes me wonder if these books were among the sources Fede consulted.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 20, 2024, 02:32:28 AMI think Cold Forge is great, but Into Charybdis is even better.

Would love to see White get to tackle another one at some point.

I know they weren't on the picture of his shelf, but some of the stuff I've heard about Romulus almost makes me wonder if these books were among the sources Fede consulted.

I'll do that one next  8)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Eal on Apr 19, 2024, 10:13:19 PMYou mean movie-wise, or what the novel followups do with the plot threads introduced in Cold Forge and Into Charybdis? I've never read em myself so curious.

The novels. Alien: Romulus is the first movie to come out since The Cold Forge was released, and we don't know how it'll handle the subject of the pathogen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed