Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 342,237 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Abrams didn't direct this one.

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 15, 2016, 05:52:26 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Sep 15, 2016, 05:46:20 PM
Yeah. It's a matter of tastes. I absolutely loved Star Trek (2009) [10/10 in my scale] and I thought Into Darkness was way too boring and absurd but I thought it was just only a little misstep.

Now, Beyond proves to me they're simply repeating the same formula over and over again, and not going beyond that. The series would have to reinvent itself in order to get my attention again...

I also found it a bit too mainstream, with a lot of pointless comedy and barely any real talk about Scientific stuff, etc... I blame everything on JJ Abrams again lol. His movies are starting to look like some kind of watered down crap, not sure why one person is directing 2 huge franchises at the same time...Star Wars and Star Trek...good luck with that.
Abrams didn't direct this one, and also he is off Star Wars after TFA.

genocyber

genocyber

Abrams is a great science fiction director. However I feel the problem from Into Darkness stemmed less from him, and more of being forced to follow the demands of the company that wanted a checklist of things they felt would guarantee an automatic success that didn't turn out that way. For his work on Star Trek 2009 and the seamless blending of the old timeline with the new, and giving us a new look at the characters earns my respect. As long as future directors stay close to what Abrams established, along with the core values of Star Trek, we should get more good movies.

ace3g

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright, somebody explain this movie to me. Was it really just a dude with severe ptsd?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 21, 2016, 11:32:18 PM
Alright, somebody explain this movie to me. Was it really just a dude with severe ptsd?
Just eat your popcorn and enjoy the bright lights.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 22, 2016, 04:10:08 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 21, 2016, 11:32:18 PM
Just eat your popcorn and enjoy the bright lights.
Actually, I enjoyed the considerable lack of lens flare in this one. I checked my logic senses at the door but I mean, seriously, it was just a dude with brain damage and vice admiral my ass. Hell they should have forced Kirk into taking the promotion. The enterprise does more damage than an army of buddy cops driving a nuclear powered aircraft carrier with wheels could ever do.

Infected

Infected

Just saw Star Trek Beyond.

It started off entertaining and i thought ok this is gonna be nice...

Not to go into spoilers.

But it was kinda like the second movie but altered,
crew gets a few punches, struggles and get back up, defeat bad guy in a very cheap way.
I hoped that the guy/race was Jem hadar and i hoped maybe they put in some Borg or something from the universe,
but NO!
I find the script again very lacking as its much more concentrated on action and the Beastie Boys ;)
I really really liked the first one, i really do think its a classic sci fi although it doesnt has the "real" Star Trek feel/approach,
its just a good movie.
But these last two are inferior in many ways, i miss the passion of a Star Trek director/writer or whatever those guys are called who make these movies.
And Kirk is ok, but its also ok to end the movie when Kirk fails and although he lives its ok to let him fail,
because thats the real Kirk, a reckless roughneck who could take a few punches but also give some but not always wins.
Picard is more of the successor imo.
Would also be cool to have a small cameo from Voyager and the crew, where the Enterprise comes to aid the Voyager who is in a fight with an unknown vessel and when they arrive its a Borg cube and after a while they destroy it together and Voyager gets sucked into a vortex and voila, all these small things that could happen in a movie like this makes it all more interesting.
But now its just a simple action movie.

All this makes me wanna go and save on DS9 seasons and Voyager, i remember DS9 was pretty damn good back then.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Infected on Oct 02, 2016, 10:18:39 AM
Would also be cool to have a small cameo from Voyager and the crew, where the Enterprise comes to aid the Voyager who is in a fight with an unknown vessel and when they arrive its a Borg cube [...]
There are no wrong opinions, there are no wrong opinions, there are no wrong opinions...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 02, 2016, 12:18:20 PM
Would also be cool to have a small cameo from Voyager and the crew, where the Enterprise comes to aid the Voyager who is in a fight with an unknown vessel and when they arrive its a Borg cube [...]
There are no wrong opinions, there are no wrong opinions, there are no wrong opinions...

:laugh: I'm finding myself disagreeing with a lot of the Beyond opinions so far.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 09:32:28 AM

:laugh: I'm finding myself disagreeing with a lot of the Beyond opinions so far.
I'm not reading back into the thread. So did you like it or not? I thought it was ok but once again, it doesn't have that star trek mojo. It's watch it once material.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 03, 2016, 09:59:12 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 09:32:28 AM

I'm not reading back into the thread. So did you like it or not? I thought it was ok but once again, it doesn't have that star trek mojo. It's watch it once material.
Yes agree 100%

ace3g

Gazz

Gazz

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fingers crossed that it's to make room for a Hannibal revival. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 03, 2016, 09:59:12 AM
So did you like it or not? I thought it was ok but once again, it doesn't have that star trek mojo. It's watch it once material.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect (villain) but otherwise I really dug it. I thought it felt much more like Star Trek than the previous films.

Quote from: ace3g on Oct 26, 2016, 11:57:35 PM
https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/791419551841943552

Gutted to hear but at least he'll still have a hand in it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed