All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 342,243 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As long as the appearances mean something, I'll be happy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not entirely confident in how the new films are being handled. It'll look pretty and I'm sure I'll dig all the character interactions but these next one best have an actual script that is consistent and logical.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2014, 11:44:17 AM...but these next one best have an actual script that is consistent and logical.
It'll be a first for Orci if that happens.  My confidence is loooow.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Shatner's Twitter:

QuoteI'm baaaaccckk!!!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So the cameo is official then eh? Not sure I'm thrilled.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Actually, turned out the Tweet was referring to him being back home. :D

Vermillion

Vermillion

Kirk.

First Blood

First Blood

I for one, would love to see Kirk again. Shatner-Kirk that is.

Eva

Eva

It's a bit sad though that they seemingly can't make the new films without constantly reminding us of the Shatner/Nimoy films. What was the point in telling us stories from these characters youths, if they end up essentially being tame remakes of the old films - which is essentially what Into Darkness was?

First Blood

First Blood

Well Nimoy-Spock was an integral part of story for Star Trek, so I didn't mind that. But yeah, his appearance in Into Darkness should have been scraped.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lol, a tame remake that only has one or two characters and a scene in common. :P

Corporal Hicks

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2014, 11:27:09 PM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/rumor-william-shatners-captain-kirk-will-share-a-scene-with-chris-pine-in-star-trek-3

...I can actually dig that.

It works well enough for this sort of thing. As long as it's not downright embarrassing for the character like his appearance in Generations was, I'm down for it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Eva on Oct 07, 2014, 05:59:52 PM
It's a bit sad though that they seemingly can't make the new films without constantly reminding us of the Shatner/Nimoy films. What was the point in telling us stories from these characters youths, if they end up essentially being tame remakes of the old films - which is essentially what Into Darkness was?

Good point. It worked for the first film, I thought. The alternate universe thing worked well enough but it was very forced in Into Darkness. I'm skeptical about the third film.

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2014, 11:29:49 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2014, 11:27:09 PM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/rumor-william-shatners-captain-kirk-will-share-a-scene-with-chris-pine-in-star-trek-3

...I can actually dig that.

It works well enough for this sort of thing. As long as it's not downright embarrassing for the character like his appearance in Generations was, I'm down for it.

QuoteDon't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.

Best line in the flick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed