All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 342,208 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 25, 2013, 06:30:06 PM
I really hope that when the film ends, prior to the end credits, we get a shot of the U.S.S. Enterprise in space, with Kirk (as opposed to Spock Prime in Star Trek) narrating, "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." And then, the end credits begin!

But, I have a feeling we won't get that :(

Well, if we do they might change it to "where no one has gone before" rather than "where no man" in order to keep the PC folks happy. 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 26, 2013, 05:02:02 AM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 25, 2013, 06:30:06 PM
I really hope that when the film ends, prior to the end credits, we get a shot of the U.S.S. Enterprise in space, with Kirk (as opposed to Spock Prime in Star Trek) narrating, "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." And then, the end credits begin!

But, I have a feeling we won't get that :(

Well, if we do they might change it to "where no one has gone before" rather than "where no man" in order to keep the PC folks happy.

I believe they've already done that.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Aye. Star Trek VI did that; had Kirk saying the original version, then correcting himself with the latter.

Worked quite well, considering the themes of that film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think TNG said "no one" as well.

EEV2650

EEV2650

God! The scene still puts a lump in my throat. I sure did love that original cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrizm2gnQBo#ws

ace3g

ace3g

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 26, 2013, 05:36:37 AM
God! The scene still puts a lump in my throat. I sure did love that original cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrizm2gnQBo#ws

Ah man, I love this scene. It's one of the best endings to any movie ever :')
"If I were human, I believe my response would be, go to hell. If I were human." :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg58hVEY5Og#ws

Best. Space. Battle. Ever.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The only thing I would change about that scene was to have Sulu help out more, like he was supposed to before Shatner's ego got in the way.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You mean there was a change in the script?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 26, 2013, 07:00:53 AM
You mean there was a change in the script?

Yep. The Excelsior crew was supposed to create the special torpedo, but Shatner insisted that Kirk should never be rescued.

EEV2650

EEV2650

If it would have happened as you just described it wouldnt have been as good. This was the original casts final movie and the send off of the Enterprise A. You can't have the Excelsior crew one up the Enterprise.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You can have them lend more of a hand, though. Especially considering it's Sulu commanding it. Kirk was who he was because of the crew he had to support him, even if said crew is on another vessel.

Nonetheless, great send off for the original cast. I just wish Kelley and Doohan were still around.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Ever seen the Voyager episode "Flashbacks"? It was a episode devoted entirely to the story of the Excelsior and it's attempts to rescue Kirk and McCoy from Raura pente (sp?)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I have not; I enjoy each of the TV series, but haven't seen all of the episodes of any of them. Plan to begin correcting this over the summer.

That one sounds really interesting, though. Hafta give it a watch.

EDIT: Actually, having read a brief synopsis of the episode, I have seen it! A very, very long time ago, and I barely remember it, but there's some recollection of it.

EEV2650

EEV2650

It was made as voyagers nod of the hat to Star Trek's 30th anniversary. DS9 released "Trials and Tribble-ations". The latter was better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed