Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 76,906 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 02, 2023, 03:00:59 AMOh yeah I haven't read any of the Marvel Aliens stuff (and I'm not convinced I want to).

Dear Xenomrph,

I hope this message finds you well! I know you have a keen interest in sci-fi and comics, so I wanted to share something with you that I believe you'll absolutely love - Marvel Comics' Alien series.

Given your username, it's clear you're a fan of the Alien franchise. Marvel's take on the iconic universe is a must-read for any fan, and here's why:

• Captivating Storyline: Marvel's Alien series offers a fresh, yet faithful, exploration of the Alien universe. The storyline is well-crafted and packed with suspense, providing a thrilling reading experience. You'll follow new characters as they navigate the terrifying world of Xenomorphs while uncovering the dark secrets of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
  • Exceptional Artwork: Marvel's Alien series boasts some truly stunning artwork. The illustrations are vivid and detailed, perfectly capturing the eerie atmosphere and bone-chilling encounters with the Xenomorphs. The visual storytelling is top-notch, and you'll find yourself fully immersed in the world that the artists have brought to life.
  • Expanded Universe: One of the most exciting aspects of Marvel's Alien series is the opportunity for further exploration of the franchise's rich universe. The series delves into new territories, introducing fresh storylines and characters that will keep you hooked from issue to issue.
  • Perfect for New and Old Fans: Whether you're a die-hard fan of the Alien franchise or a newcomer to the world of Xenomorphs, Marvel's Alien series has something for everyone. The series pays homage to the original films while offering new perspectives and stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I highly recommend giving Marvel's Alien series a chance. It's a thrilling and captivating experience that will make you feel like you're discovering the Alien universe for the first time all over again. Head to your local comic book store or look for digital issues online to start your journey with this fantastic series.

Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy Marvel's Alien series as much as I have!

Best regards,

[Your Name]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 02, 2023, 03:25:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 02, 2023, 03:00:59 AMOh yeah I haven't read any of the Marvel Aliens stuff (and I'm not convinced I want to).

Dear Xenomrph,

I hope this message finds you well! I know you have a keen interest in sci-fi and comics, so I wanted to share something with you that I believe you'll absolutely love - Marvel Comics' Alien series.

Given your username, it's clear you're a fan of the Alien franchise. Marvel's take on the iconic universe is a must-read for any fan, and here's why:

• Captivating Storyline: Marvel's Alien series offers a fresh, yet faithful, exploration of the Alien universe. The storyline is well-crafted and packed with suspense, providing a thrilling reading experience. You'll follow new characters as they navigate the terrifying world of Xenomorphs while uncovering the dark secrets of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
  • Exceptional Artwork: Marvel's Alien series boasts some truly stunning artwork. The illustrations are vivid and detailed, perfectly capturing the eerie atmosphere and bone-chilling encounters with the Xenomorphs. The visual storytelling is top-notch, and you'll find yourself fully immersed in the world that the artists have brought to life.
  • Expanded Universe: One of the most exciting aspects of Marvel's Alien series is the opportunity for further exploration of the franchise's rich universe. The series delves into new territories, introducing fresh storylines and characters that will keep you hooked from issue to issue.
  • Perfect for New and Old Fans: Whether you're a die-hard fan of the Alien franchise or a newcomer to the world of Xenomorphs, Marvel's Alien series has something for everyone. The series pays homage to the original films while offering new perspectives and stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I highly recommend giving Marvel's Alien series a chance. It's a thrilling and captivating experience that will make you feel like you're discovering the Alien universe for the first time all over again. Head to your local comic book store or look for digital issues online to start your journey with this fantastic series.

Best regards,

[Your Name]
Is that an actual form letter that got sent out to people? lol

Engineer

Engineer

I dunno
But I can say that THAT is more fictitious than the entire alien franchise itself lol

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 02, 2023, 03:25:35 AM

Dear Xenomrph,

Best regards,

[Your Name]

I mean, just for the amount of effort this deserves a like

Engineer

Engineer

That was more effort than PKJ or larroca put into it 🤷

SiL

SiL

Thanks ChatGPT.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 02, 2023, 03:25:35 AMDear Xenomrph,

Best regards,

[Your Name]

If we ever start doing community awards on this forum, I hope you get Shit-Stirrer in-Chief :D

Wweyland

Wweyland

That's obviously ChatGPT

Sarahlyn35

Sarahlyn35

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 27, 2023, 11:03:08 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 10:15:24 AMFor a layman like me, it as nonsensical as a creature having acidic blood

Acid blood isn't nonsensical at all. Lots of bodily fluids are acidic, like the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs we use to digest food.

Plus bishop does mention it oxidizes when exposed to air, so it may be non-corrosive until it bleeds.

Assuming it's acidic all the time though... hudafuk just said exactly the same thing I would have. Acids are great at transferring energy, hence why batteries have acids in them. It's essentially a living battery and in my head canon, the reason it can live so long without sustenance; it's very efficient at using the energy its body has stored up.

I was thinking the same thing. In Vasquez they use the term "acidic" as opposed to acid blood which only indicates a PH below 7. Different acids with PH below 3 can be stored safely.. sulphuric acid will not melt lead but it will burn your skin, hydrofluoric acid can be stored in plastic, fluorine can be kept in copper.

I'm not sure what the Nostromo hull was built of, and whether this would give an indication of what the properties is closest to.

Also.. is it really blood? Maybe not in our sense of the word? If the purpose of blood is to move oxygen around the body and it doesn't need oxygen.. or doesn't have organs.. then it isn't really blood.

In my weird Google searches of the day there are 8 animals that don't have a heart (that we know of) so it's entirely possible its purpose is nothing more than a defence mechanism like toads with toxins in their skin.

I looked through David's Drawings and can't see a cross section of the finished creature. Maybe someone here knows if one exists?

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Sarahlyn35 on May 02, 2023, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 27, 2023, 11:03:08 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 10:15:24 AMFor a layman like me, it as nonsensical as a creature having acidic blood

Acid blood isn't nonsensical at all. Lots of bodily fluids are acidic, like the hydrochloric acid in our stomachs we use to digest food.

Plus bishop does mention it oxidizes when exposed to air, so it may be non-corrosive until it bleeds.

Assuming it's acidic all the time though... hudafuk just said exactly the same thing I would have. Acids are great at transferring energy, hence why batteries have acids in them. It's essentially a living battery and in my head canon, the reason it can live so long without sustenance; it's very efficient at using the energy its body has stored up.

I was thinking the same thing. In Vasquez they use the term "acidic" as opposed to acid blood which only indicates a PH below 7. Different acids with PH below 3 can be stored safely.. sulphuric acid will not melt lead but it will burn your skin, hydrofluoric acid can be stored in plastic, fluorine can be kept in copper.

I'm not sure what the Nostromo hull was built of, and whether this would give an indication of what the properties is closest to.

Also.. is it really blood? Maybe not in our sense of the word? If the purpose of blood is to move oxygen around the body and it doesn't need oxygen.. or doesn't have organs.. then it isn't really blood.

In my weird Google searches of the day there are 8 animals that don't have a heart (that we know of) so it's entirely possible its purpose is nothing more than a defence mechanism like toads with toxins in their skin.

I looked through David's Drawings and can't see a cross section of the finished creature. Maybe someone here knows if one exists?

I think there's a diagram of anatomy in the Weyland Yutani report. It doesn't show them having a heart, but they do have "aortic arches" whatever that is lol
Nah, I wouldn't think their blood functions the same way as human blood (I.e., transferring oxygen around the body), but I still believe it functions similarly by transferring energy around its body, which to be clear, I admit is my own head canon. That can change in a heartbeat (pun intended) with any new release that comes out and chooses to address this stuff...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Another idea I've seen floated is that the acid isn't blood but a different fluid entirely that's stored in a separate layer beneath the exoskeleton for defensive purposes.

That arguably makes more biological sense (there are animals that can secrete all kinds of noxious chemicals for defence) but I personally like the battery-acid-for-blood concept more.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Engineer on May 02, 2023, 04:15:32 AMI dunno
But I can say that THAT is more fictitious than the entire alien franchise itself lol

Maybe ChatGPT knows something about the egg in the Sulaco, or what happened to David and the Covenant.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2023, 06:52:16 PMAnother idea I've seen floated is that the acid isn't blood but a different fluid entirely that's stored in a separate layer beneath the exoskeleton for defensive purposes.

That arguably makes more biological sense (there are animals that can secrete all kinds of noxious chemicals for defence) but I personally like the battery-acid-for-blood concept more.

Maybe it's like THC

Sarahlyn35

Sarahlyn35

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2023, 06:52:16 PMAnother idea I've seen floated is that the acid isn't blood but a different fluid entirely that's stored in a separate layer beneath the exoskeleton for defensive purposes.

I mean.. it sounds WAY cooler!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Sarahlyn35 on May 02, 2023, 07:01:07 PMI mean.. it sounds WAY cooler!

The living battery concept also ties in to the idea they're engineered rather than naturally-occurring creatures, and as much as I hate the way that was presented in Covenant, as a concept it's one I've always really liked.

I just strongly disagree with Ridley that we needed it spelt out for us ;D

Sarahlyn35

Sarahlyn35

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2023, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: Sarahlyn35 on May 02, 2023, 07:01:07 PMI mean.. it sounds WAY cooler!

The living battery concept also ties in to the idea they're engineered rather than naturally-occurring creatures, and as much as I hate the way that was presented in Covenant, as a concept it's one I've always really liked.

I just strongly disagree with Ridley that we needed it spelt out for us ;D
I could deal with it being engineered rather than natural evolution, it even makes more sense probably. But... by an android created by man? Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed