Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 82,735 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: GQSioux on Mar 06, 2015, 11:29:29 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/how-neill-blomkamps-aliens-sequel-can-work/

More and more I just find myself hating reading geek sites like these. I just.. Clearly, some of these people are NOT in the know of things as we are. Or to better phrase, these people are not ahead of the game as we are.

At least they sort of talk about alternate timelines and how this movie affects canon as we are discussing. Christ.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/how-neill-blomkamps-aliens-sequel-can-work/

Like I said in the other thread - good article. Good to see that even ALIENS fans here and there find a retcon of A3 & A:R a lazy cop-out.

RakaiThwei

Does Dan Cafferty know what the hell he's talking about? Because he believes that Blomkamp is following through with Alien 3 and Resurrection when that's clearly not the case considering Blomkamp's more recent statements being that he's stated that this movie is meant to be the third, because if Blomkamp intended to follow through with 3 and Resurrection-- he'd have called it the fifth, not this movie being the third.

I really don't think that Cafferty has been caught up to date regarding Blomkamp's statements on the continuity placement of his movie, and that he's had no intention on using the Ripley 8 character.

predxeno

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 06, 2015, 11:42:55 PM

Like I said in the other thread - good article. Good to see that even ALIENS fans here and there find a retcon of A3 & A:R a lazy cop-out.

Man, I hated those 2 movies; is it also considered a "lazy cop-out" that Ridley ignored the AVP films?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 06, 2015, 11:58:23 PM
Man, I hated those 2 movies; is it also considered a "lazy cop-out" that Ridley ignored the AVP films?

He could've at least watched the first one and perhaps made changes to Prometheus to avoid similarities.

If anything, he didn't necessarily write out the AvP films.. only ignored them. Kind of like how, again, Godzilla 1985 ignored the previous Showa era Godzilla movies and didn't even write them out. If something isn't written out, it could potentially still exist in some capacity or another.

Son Of Kane

Predxeno, brings up the same points over and over- this one was already disproven in the "Neill Blompkamp's Alien is relevant to A3 but AVP is irrelevant to Prometheus" little discussion we had.

He should change his motto to "I lack basic logic therefore everything is canon."

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 07, 2015, 12:13:13 AM
Predxeno, brings up the same points over and over- this one was already disproven in the "Neill Blompkamp's Alien is relevant to A3 but AVP is irrelevant to Prometheus" little discussion we had.

How is Alien 3 relevant to Blomkamp's Alien movie if it's not exactly following after it assuming it is another timeline? I mean that's like.. saying the Showa era Godzilla movies are relevant to the Heisei era Movies despite the two being unrelated timelines.

I know I keep bringing Godzilla up a lot but I see what happened with that franchise with the diverting timelines happening to Alien/Predator here.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2015, 12:16:11 AM

How is Alien 3 relevant to Blomkamp's Alien movie if it's not exactly following after it assuming it is another timeline? I mean that's like.. saying the Showa era Godzilla movies are relevant to the Heisei era Movies despite the two being unrelated timelines.

I know I keep bringing Godzilla up a lot but I see what happened with that franchise with the diverting timelines happening to Alien/Predator here.

Relevant in general, comparisons will be made.

It's not the same with AVP/Prometheus.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I already replied in the other thread, or if it was this thread but earlier on.

predxeno

He should change his motto to "I lack basic logic therefore everything is canon."

Don't be rude, if you don't agree with other people's views then you can at least be respectful of them.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 07, 2015, 12:42:22 AM

I already replied in the other thread, or if it was this thread but earlier on.

Sorry, I guess I missed it. :(  Lemme check.

Son Of Kane

That's nigh impossible Predxeno, seeing as you constantly repeat invalid points I'd end up being rude at one point or another.

SpeedyMaxx

The difference here is absolutely no one in the outside world cares about the AVP movies being non-canon. Those movies were written off as jokes even before they existed.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Mar 07, 2015, 02:12:38 AM
The difference here is absolutely no one in the outside world cares about the AVP movies being non-canon. Those movies were written off as jokes even before they existed.

Shit, I don't think the average joe blow in the outside world cares about the concept of canon at all whatsoever.

RidgeTop

Keep it civil, people. Don't be throwing personal jabs in debate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed