The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 86,246 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Sep 07, 2018, 02:41:40 PM
I don't know I This has been talked about yet, but Mr H Reviews gave some pretty big spoilers in his review.

*Spoilers*

Clipped due to spoilers

Use the rad symbol on that thang dude!  :D There's folks around here that are trying to avoid the spoilers. If it's not hidden, they might accidentally see something while skimming through discussions.

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 03:06:37 PM
I wasn't on any side, first there was the bad script which pissed me off so I was negative, I tried to stay positive however and now I'm back to square one. And you are right yes I did scream "we are all going to die, and like Hudson and I was right died we did.

Okay Elder, you win! I am giving up and I don't have nothing to tell you (for now) ;)

Samhain13

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 07, 2018, 02:43:28 PM
Hicks, rank them please
Predator
Predator 2
The Predator
Predators
Avp
Avpr

Hicks gave it a 6, so it's worse than Predators but better than the avp movies for him.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 07, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that.

I didn't spoiled myself directly either, just bits and pieces here and there, and from what i understand, well... It's really weird... The kind of thing that makes your eyes widen so much they could fall off their sockets  :laugh:

If i understood right though... But i think i did  ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

Bigdaddyjohn.. am I over reacting? I mean I could be, but I feel like the ending is just a bridge too far for me, iv really tried to get behind this film, even when I was negative. But honestly this is just awful. A seven year old could be more imaginative than this. That's why I'm calling for a boycott. If you don't know the ending you might want to reconsider. It's so bad and out there, even it's nightmares are scared of it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2018, 03:21:41 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 07, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
Ok I didn't spoil the ending for myself but I am growing concerned. If they turn this into some damn Independence Day bull where preds want to take over the Earth, then I can't even defend that.

I didn't spoiled myself directly either, just bits and pieces here and there, and from what i understand, well... It's really weird... The kind of thing that makes your eyes widen so much they could fall off their sockets  :laugh:

If i understood right though... But i think i did  ;D

Judging by what's being described, it bares far too much resemblance to a Resurgence type situation.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 07, 2018, 03:20:04 PM
Hicks gave it a 6, so it's worse than Predators but better than the avp movies for him.

I had a bit of a tough time seeing how it got a 6/10 judging by what I read in his review.

Jacku

Jacku

Didn't think Hicks would have the ending in his review. Spoiled it for myself by accident haha. As long as the film doesn't get a proper sequel we're good.

I'll just say that my hate for a certain genre of modern films has been amplified!

I'm going to assume FOX forced that scene in there and that Black wouldn't do that on his own accord.

Wysps

Wysps

Definitely sounds like a studio decision rather than a Shane Black one.  Like it's come from someone who has never even seen a Predator movie before  :laugh: So I'm not faulting Black for this one just yet.

The Old One

The Old One

Once the film is out in the open I'd like to hear his word on it.

Jacku

Jacku

We need that AVP Galaxy Kickstarter to buy the rights from FOX  :D

That ending annoys me on the same level that the Alien Covenant spores and magic facehugger impregnation destroying the classic Alien life cycle did. Only this time it seems to cripple peoples opinion of the whole film.

The Old One

The Old One

I loved the Spores in Alien.
Finally making the Pathogen make sense in it's functionality.
&
The impregnation works, and The Cold Forge contextualises so it works in cohesion with what the other films established.

No, this is another beast entirely.

germanator2

I just want to know how the Stargazer lab scenes with the fugitive predator and his escape are. I feel like that's the real highlight of the film.

Dusk

Dusk

After reading that ending, I honestly don't care about the future of the franchise anymore. I'll be contend with just re-watching the first 2 Movies.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Sep 07, 2018, 03:28:03 PM
Bigdaddyjohn.. am I over reacting? I mean I could be, but I feel like the ending is just a bridge too far for me, iv really tried to get behind this film, even when I was negative. But honestly this is just awful. A seven year old could be more imaginative than this. That's why I'm calling for a boycott. If you don't know the ending you might want to reconsider. It's so bad and out there, even it's nightmares are scared of it.

You're maybe a bit too emotional, which i can understand and respect though, but i think it's safe to say that anyone with some sincere care for Predator will be surprised/shocked by what the ending seem to be.

Hollywood

The Variety review makes me laugh with its criticizing the cast's "potty-mouthing" and how the stuntmen showed up more than the actors  :laugh:

If this were a superhero film they'd be raving about how great the action is and how they're positive Scarlett Johansson does her own stunts or some shit lol

Also they list it as PG-13 at the beginning of the article. Yeah, not taking their review too serious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed