The Predator Early Reactions Thread

Started by SyntaX, Sep 04, 2018, 07:58:09 AM

Author
The Predator Early Reactions Thread (Read 85,515 times)

Lalo

Lalo

This movie is gonna fail I'm sorry if not break even. Just based off the trailers and marking and leaked script. This movie was f'd since the start. Shane went too far left field. I'm not sold on the upgrade pred it's a cheap bigger is better trope might as well be tbe indo predator and obviously kills the fugitive why hype him up so much only for him to get one off??? The cast is so so. The comedy is not landing with me. And if that kid has some kind of major factor in this film like the leaked script implies it's either going to bomb or just break even and honestly I'd rather they just stop making Predator movies at this point and stick to comics games novels etc. I dont plan on seeing this either and I love predator. But this movie failed too intrest me

Corporal Hicks

^^ I'm agreeing with this.

von

von

seems like a stronger lead would have benefited the movie. not much mention of him apart from this ^ holbrook being outshone by his co-stars?

Johnny Handsome

I like what i'm hearing, fun is exactly what i want and what was missing from Predators 2010. I don't want no grim homage fest. I hope this movie goes batshit crazy like Predator 2.

predator88

Black has obviously went too far with the comedy aspect. The original was funny but to a minor extent and only in the first half before  Dutch's squad started to be picked off. The few jokes in and between all worked because they were expertly timed and executed. Black's movie reduces the predator to being a "punchline"and not a serious threat as one review said. The overblown humor was a problem ever since the first advanced reactions hit last year. Too bad they didn't take the predator concept more seriously.

Danversity

This is the part where I remind you folks that the original Predator wasn't anywhere near being the critics' sweetheart when it first came out. ;)

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Danversity on Sep 07, 2018, 08:04:00 AM
This is the part where I remind you folks that the original Predator wasn't anywhere near being the critics' sweetheart when it first came out. ;)

Let's be honest. The plot is thin, the story isn't that great ... it's the supsense, action and element of suprise that makes Predator 1 work.
Nowadays, people want to be suprised ... and that's a damn hard thing to do.

von

von

what ultimately matters is the rewatch value and timelessness. will the characters and new creatures stand the test of time? i've forgotten the names of the characters in Predators 2010

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: von on Sep 07, 2018, 08:07:12 AM
what ultimately matters is the rewatch value and timelessness. will the characters and new creatures stand the test of time? i've forgotten the names of the characters in Predators 2010

I actually enjoyed Predators ... And applaud them for trying something different. We got different looking Predators and that was great. Tried to freshen things up.

von

von

Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 07, 2018, 08:09:47 AM

I actually enjoyed Predators ... And applaud them for trying something different. We got different looking Predators and that was great. Tried to freshen things up.

cool, has The Predator done better in your opinion? in those same areas you mentioned

Lalo

Lalo

They never really mention each others names except royce, isabell, nekoli the Russian and nolan, and honzo. I actually loved predators too the super predator were more appealing and unique to me than this cgi hulk predator imo

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: von on Sep 07, 2018, 08:11:40 AM
Quote from: SyntaX on Sep 07, 2018, 08:09:47 AM

cool, has The Predator done better in your opinion? in those same areas you mentioned

Like I said before ... yes and no.

WolfPre

WolfPre

Doesnt matter whatever the reviews are.
Eagerly waitig to watch on the 1st day, 1st show itself in IMAX :-)

Danversity

To be fair most of the characters in Predators don't have their names mentioned in the film, so that can't be held against it.  :D

I really enjoy that movie and its characters too.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2018, 07:39:48 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 07, 2018, 07:38:26 AM
Sounds like one of the problems will be the comedy, if you want a more serious movie or not. I'm fine with the comedy myself but it might be an issue for some.

Good to see more positive comments though, cannot wait to see it next week.

I actually loved the comedy. Was one of the things that made it really enjoyable. The folk who decided they didn't want comedy in way before hand wont like it though.

Good to know the comedy is decent for those not against it in a Predator movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed