What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 591,419 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 21, 2019, 11:45:46 PM
I feel sick to my stomach after eating some chicken a couple hours ago.

That always sucks.

I hope it passes quickly.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just spent the night alternately throwing up and trying to sleep because I have too much shit to do for work today.

Huggs

Huggs

I swallowed a bug.

It's usually not a big deal but I'm choking to death here!

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 23, 2019, 12:41:14 AM
I swallowed a bug.

It's usually not a big deal but I'm choking to death here!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I discovered that The Old One doesn't fully appreciate Will Ferrell.  :'(

The Old One

The Old One

Or tolerate.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2019, 10:05:23 PM
I discovered that The Old One doesn't fully appreciate Will Ferrell.  :'(

Post DMC gifs.

TheSailingRabbit

My meeting with a college advisor is in two days and I feel like I'm going to mess it up.

Been on the go for the last five days because my driving test is in a few weeks, and I've practicing every chance I get. To the store, to the vet, to the store again.

Yesterday, I got some new clothes to start changing my wardrobe. I didn't fight it, I actually wanted to go. As we were going home, something hit me. Not sure what it was, but it sounded like my brain telling me to stop before I break down. I didn't say anything because I'm afraid of being told that this is what I'll have to do in life. I get that, but I'm not sure how to identify my breaking points.

Today I drove up to my grandmother's because we're watching her house while she's visiting family in Florida. I happened to go through some stuff and found a bunch of VHS tapes I used to love when I was little. I sorta felt like I was going to black out when I started looking at them. Never felt that by just memories before.

I know I'm probably gonna feel better in the morning, but I don't want to let all this fester. I don't want to be a mess at this meeting because it's the only thing I have left in terms of any kind of career.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 24, 2019, 01:37:26 AM
My meeting with a college advisor is in two days and I feel like I'm going to mess it up.

Been on the go for the last five days because my driving test is in a few weeks, and I've practicing every chance I get. To the store, to the vet, to the store again.

Yesterday, I got some new clothes to start changing my wardrobe. I didn't fight it, I actually wanted to go. As we were going home, something hit me. Not sure what it was, but it sounded like my brain telling me to stop before I break down. I didn't say anything because I'm afraid of being told that this is what I'll have to do in life. I get that, but I'm not sure how to identify my breaking points.

Today I drove up to my grandmother's because we're watching her house while she's visiting family in Florida. I happened to go through some stuff and found a bunch of VHS tapes I used to love when I was little. I sorta felt like I was going to black out when I started looking at them. Never felt that by just memories before.

I know I'm probably gonna feel better in the morning, but I don't want to let all this fester. I don't want to be a mess at this meeting because it's the only thing I have left in terms of any kind of career.

Everyone has breaking points. Sometimes we have room to stop and breath, most times we are forced to push through them.

I've been almost exactly where you are. You wouldn't even believe.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Just general stress about what the f**k I'm going to do after college, paying back student loans, not knowing what I'm doing with my life, etc.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 24, 2019, 01:37:26 AM

After reading this I wish I'd been keeping up to date and knew the context! Sounds like you've got a lot to deal with at the moment.

Just responding to this post: eventually you'll learn your breaking points. The important thing is to not confuse them with "giving up" points. Sometimes we get to a place where we just want to stop because what we're doing is hard; other times we want to stop because we have to. It can be a fine line, but it's an important one. Pushing through "giving up" points helps us grow; pushing through breaking points just wears us down.

"Learn to rest, not to quit" is wonderful advice.

Don't assume any one thing is your only chance at a career. It's not true. Most people these days go through a dozen jobs over 10-20 years. The idea of having one job and sticking with it indefinitely is somewhat dead, depending on the industry. All the same, good luck to you.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The loss of one of my teeth.
so many good memories we had together, the chewing of dead cows and pigs, grinding vegetables that got in our way...
Had to say goodbye as he got infected and had to be exiled from his home.

R.I.P. Mr. Crunch.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hope you're not in too much discomfort!

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 24, 2019, 04:28:24 PM
so many good memories we had together, the chewing of dead cows and pigs, grinding vegetables that got in our way...

R.I.P. Mr. Crunch.

Why does this sound like something Voodoo would write?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2019, 04:46:46 PM
Hope you're not in too much discomfort!

Well so far I'm ok, but the dentist I saw was pretty much like this one.

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Apr 24, 2019, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 24, 2019, 04:28:24 PM

R.I.P. Mr. Crunch.

Why does this sound like something Voodoo would write?

Believe it or not but he is not the only one with a sense of humor.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed