What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 591,308 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And I just got my layoff date: January 9.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 10, 2018, 05:39:54 AM

Very sorry to hear it Local.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

I'm sorry to hear that old friend. If you don't mind me asking what kind of job are you getting laid off from?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear.  :'(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 15, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that old friend. If you don't mind me asking what kind of job are you getting laid off from?

Tech support for an international chain of commercial data centers.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 15, 2018, 11:47:49 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Oct 15, 2018, 11:15:12 AM

Tech support for an international chain of commercial data centers.
Sounds like a tough job. My late father had a similar such job working for Comcast. Personally I don't think I could ever do it.

TheSailingRabbit

Well . . . I couldn't pass the run in boot camp. So I'm home.

On the flipside, I've missed this place. I hope I haven't missed too much.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So...my boss just told me that he's got another job...he leaves in 4 weeks.

And it sounds like they aren't replacing him.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2018, 07:27:56 AM
So...my boss just told me that he's got another job...he leaves in 4 weeks.

And it sounds like they aren't replacing him.

Well they are....with you  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's precisely what I'm worried about. I'm already stressed out about all this. I only just figured out what I want to actually progress with in the company and talked it over with the boss. We hadn't actually discussed it with the next upper. It's certainly not this.

I don't want the stress of management. I am not knowledgeable enough over all for the position nor I am not tolerant enough with the senior management about this. It'll leave a huge knowledge gap in our team too.

I doubly don't want to be told you're not having a new manager and end up having the responsibilities forced on to me with no benefits. I don't want to deal with those fights. And I fully expect them to f**k me over like that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2018, 11:54:58 AM
That's precisely what I'm worried about. I'm already stressed out about all this. I only just figured out what I want to actually progress with in the company and talked it over with the boss. We hadn't actually discussed it with the next upper. It's certainly not this.

I don't want the stress of management. I am not knowledgeable enough over all for the position nor I am not tolerant enough with the senior management about this. It'll leave a huge knowledge gap in our team too.

I doubly don't want to be told you're not having a new manager and end up having the responsibilities forced on to me with no benefits. I don't want to deal with those fights. And I fully expect them to f**k me over like that.

Is there anyway you can make sure they dont bump you up?

WTF, the new random unneeded update to Hotmail/Outlook is awful. They didnt need to do it and it took me longer to sort out what i needed to do. Pain in the ass

Baron Von Marlon

Lost another feline family member.
He lived a long, good life and didn't suffer.
It does get easier each time but it still hurts. Rest in peace, my fluffy friend. It was an honour to call you my pet.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 17, 2018, 11:04:40 AM
WTF, the new random unneeded update to Hotmail/Outlook is awful. They didnt need to do it and it took me longer to sort out what i needed to do. Pain in the ass

I hate those updates. Windows and all that stuff. It's always when you finally get used to it, they change it again.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 25, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
It does get easier each time but it still hurts. Rest in peace, my fluffy friend. It was an honour to call you my pet.

Very sorry to hear it Baron. They become like children to us. My thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 25, 2018, 10:50:17 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 25, 2018, 11:58:13 AM

Very sorry to hear it Baron. They become like children to us. My thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

I send my condolences and a virtual hug as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed