Predators MA15+ Bluray (wheres the R18+ one?)

Started by Valheru, Nov 18, 2010, 11:40:20 AM

Author
Predators MA15+ Bluray (wheres the R18+ one?) (Read 2,622 times)

Valheru

Valheru

Hey All,

Just wondering, when I went and saw Predators at the cinemas it was rated R18+. Now that it's released on Bluray, I can only see MA15+ versions....what gives? Has the content been cut / edited from the cinematic release or has it just been reclassified to a lower rating in the time that has passed since it was on at the cinemas?

If the MA15+ one is edited, I would feel absolutely ripped off >:( ....does anyone know what the go is?

I'm in Australia by the way if it makes any difference. Movie was seen here as R18+ and now the Bluray has been released here as MA15+.

Thanks,

Valheru

Edit: Upon further investigation, here is an R rated version...most likely an overseas one.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3613/predators.html

Here is an Australian MA15+ version....the movie was still shown as R18+ though here in the cinema so what gives?

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/action-adventure/predators-jb-exclusive-blu-ray/575107

The Hunter of Hunters

R Rated is the MPAA equivalent to our MA15+.

Valheru

Sorry I'm still not clear on what has happened from your response.

I watched it at the movies and it was rated R, now they are releasing it on Bluray / DVD here and its only MA. What has changed? Just the rating or are the R rated parts edited out for the MA rating and I have to source the full unrestricted R version from another country?

Thanks,

Valheru

Cap. Fitzgerald

He means MA15+ is the same as R

SiL

It was never rated R-18+ in cinemas.

Unless some other state got real finicky at the last minute -- Was MA-15+ in QLD. And NSW.

Valheru

Valheru

Was R18+ rated here in Victoria...but the blurau / dvd here in Vic is only rated MA15+ and the classifications are not the same...not in Vic, Australia anyway.

1. there's a 3 year difference of allowed age.

2. there are different standards for both ratings, what is allowed to be viewed under an R rating will not pass under an MA one.

Australian classification standards: http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/classification.nsf/Page/ClassificationMarkings_ClassificationMarkingsonFilmandComputerGames_ClassificationMarkingsonFilmandComputerGames

If anyone can shed some light on the situation that would be great.

Thanks,

Valheru

Edit: Just found the Australian classification for it.

http://www.classification.gov.au/www/cob/find.nsf/d853f429dd038ae1ca25759b0003557c/2b6c41bfe2286272ca257752005d7145?OpenDocument

Turns out to be MA15+ but I am sure it was screened in my town as R18+ so I have contacted the cinema and cinema brand company to try and find out what it was screened as in my area.

Hopefully this means that there is no difference between the cinema and bluray movie content wise ;D and I just have a stupid cinema in my town that puts their own classifications up ::)

Cheers,

Valheru

Stalker

I watched it in cinema 3 times in NSW, & the Blu-ray version is exactly the same.

Films like this rarely get rated R unless they're excessively violent, like the Saw series.

Valheru

Well went out and bought the MA15+ Bluray of Predators yesterday and watched it last night, hoping I hadn't wasted money on a watered down version...yep definitely the same violent, expletive flinging movie as what I saw in the Cinemas  ;D

So yeah don't know what the go was at my Cinema, I will wait and see what I get back from the email I sent them though I am still certain it was R when I saw it.

Cheers,

Valheru

Uncanny Antman

I also saw it in Victoria, rated MA15+

Not many movies get rated R in Australia these days.  Especially not something as relatively tame as Predators.

...so I dunno what happened with your screening.   Faulty listing or faulty memory?  :)

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Rated R in the united states when i saw it! 15+ here in Dubai though!

Valheru

Got replies from the Cinema and Cinema company, they said it was listed as MA15+.

The Cinema itself must have farked up on the night as I am 100% it was R rated when I saw it. I actually visually remember looking at the movie listing board for the night and Predators had R beside it as well as another movie, the rest were a mix of M and PG.

Oh well, the main worry is that the DVD/Bluray was a watered down version for the lower rating...such is not the case ;D

Cheers,

Valheru

Stalker

The movie wasn't that violent anyway. No more than the previous films in the series.

Aside from the spine ripping scene, most of the kills weren't that gratuitous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed