Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,844 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Where do I even f**king begin with this wretched, wretched movie? Let's see... the movie is choppy as hell, which makes it difficult to get involved in anything, and the whole thing ends up being so boring that I just couldn't wait for the f**king movie to end. Hell, the movie even gets bored with itself, and ends really damn abruptly. :laugh: f**k you, Ridley. That's two years in a row you've dicked with me. >:(

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2014, 04:58:58 PM
Is that the documentary?

Yep, that's the one.

First Blood

First Blood

I was gonna see that one, guess I will wait for the Blu-ray.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 01:18:08 AM
I was gonna see that one, guess I will wait for the Blu-ray.

Maybe there'll be a director's cut that fixes some things... like proper introductions for some of the characters... and John Turturro going from sick in bed to a f**king mummy in the space of a cut.

First Blood

First Blood

What do you mean about Tototorroooo

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 01:24:39 AM
What do you mean about Tototorroooo

I mean you don't f**k wit da Jesus.

First Blood

First Blood

How was Weaver? :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 01:30:53 AM
How was Weaver? :P

Barely in it. She mainly just sits/stands in the background wearing goofy hats... and then suddenly she's treated like an important character who hates Moses for unexplained reasons. The she just fades into the background again.

First Blood

First Blood

Sounds like Scott has overdulged himself again. His last three films weren't exactly good.

Lie

Lie

Nightcrawler

Thank god Lou didn't happen to see a couple of men carrying tied up girls to back of a van. >_>

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 01:49:13 AM
Sounds like Scott has overdulged himself again. His last three films weren't exactly good.

Really disappointed to hear that. I had been looking forward to seeing Exodus. But sounds like it's becoming a trend... :-\

Russ

Russ

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 01:49:13 AM

Or underindulged in the theatrical cut? Kingdom of Heaven was balls - until you saw the 4 disc epic cut -- it was a brilliant movie. Maybe this will be the same thing and be more appreciated on DVD?

KiramidHead - when you say it was "choppy" did it feel like there was more that should have come from the scenes ... I really felt this with the second Nolan Batman - it seemed lacking and rushed in places and over drawn out in others, so I really was expecting a director's epic cut for that (it never came, sadly).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Russ on Dec 15, 2014, 04:11:52 PM
KiramidHead - when you say it was "choppy" did it feel like there was more that should have come from the scenes ... I really felt this with the second Nolan Batman - it seemed lacking and rushed in places and over drawn out in others, so I really was expecting a director's epic cut for that (it never came, sadly).

A lot of things felt skipped over, like with Turturro going from perfectly fine, to sick, and then dead within a couple scenes, everything to do with Sigourney Weaver felt random, characters were introduced suddenly and dropped just as fast, Moses having a mundane conversation with a woman and then marrying her in the next scene, etc. That sort of thing might be helped by an extended cut.

However, there's a bunch of things I don't think could be fixed. The whole backstory of the Hebrews infants being murdered on Pharaoh's order and Moses being saved from it is glossed over, and very, very quickly summarized by Ben Kingsley, and there's an annoying subplot where Moses starts to lead a slave rebellion, complete with Army of Darkness training montage, only for God to decide their moving too slowly, which leads to the plagues.

First Blood

First Blood

To what role did Aaron Paul have?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 15, 2014, 07:45:31 PM
To what role did Aaron Paul have?

He starts out with real short hair getting whipped, then isn't in it for a while. When Moses comes back to Egypt, he looks like he did in the Breaking Bad finale, and there's a few scenes of him watching Moses talk to little boy God but not seeing God. That's more or less it.

First Blood

First Blood

Well that sucks. :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed