New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 54,353 times)

Darkness

Are those actual bodies? They look like statues.

Giger Beast

Notice the Engineer hieroglyphs from Prometheus on the wall?

If this is one of the Engineers' seeded planets, these people seem much more entwined with Engineer culture than earthlings.

Perhaps there are Engineers actually there OVERSEEING this civilization?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Giger Beast on May 20, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
Notice the Engineer hieroglyphs from Prometheus on the wall?

If this is one of the Engineers' seeded planets, these people seem much more entwined with Engineer culture than earthlings.

Perhaps there are Engineers actually there OVERSEEING this civilization?

That's what I'm thinking too. We're seeing the results of some sort of devastation on another world that the Engineers seeded life with.

Quote from: Darkness on May 20, 2016, 02:17:58 PM
Are those actual bodies? They look like statues.

Looking into it a bit more they're actual plaster cast of people, not actual remains. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/plaster-citizens-of-pompeii

Enoch

Enoch

I agree with you about humanoids and them being just a creation, I even mentioned it before this leak...

But it seems to me that there are two different humanoids here...
Those two left are taller than those on the right ??? Maybe children!
I havent seen any aliens on this pictures!!!! Some shapes are just an optical illustion similar to xenos shape...

Ultramorph

Just realized that the thing in the right foreground is the body of a big statue, looks like an Engineer in robes or a toga sort of thing.

Enoch

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 02:49:22 PM
Just realized that the thing in the right foreground is the body of a big statue, looks like an Engineer in robes or a toga sort of thing.

Yes... It look like those humanoids worshiped them, or they worshiped themselves?

Ultramorph

Yeah, could go either way. Even the Engineers seem to worship themselves. Don't forget Scott's comments about Lucifer from Paradise Lost having all the fun. I wonder if we'll meet that specific Engineer at some point.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 02:53:28 PM
Yeah, could go either way. Even the Engineers seem to worship themselves. Don't forget Scott's comments about Lucifer from Paradise Lost having all the fun. I wonder if we'll meet that specific Engineer at some point.

My thoughts ;D

Some of these burned bodies are females... I am 100% sure!

All this stories of Paradise Lost, Lucifer, Prometheus, Pandora, Zeus are so similar and intertwined, read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_Man

and this:
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/m/mythology/summary-and-analysis-greek-mythology/the-beginnings-8212-prometheus-and-man-and-the-five-ages-of-man-and-the-flood

Ultramorph

Oh yeah, Satan and Prometheus have the same mythological roots. That's why the first movie has such a mix of Christian and Ancient Greek influences.

Enoch

Pompeii or Sodom and Gomorrah? Fire of Covenant perheaps? :laugh:

Ultramorph

I'm interested to see what the actual covenant in this movie is. What are the criteria for the Engineers not destroying their creations?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 01:51:11 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 01:38:41 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting something this big to come out so early! I strongly doubt those are Engineers. What we're seeing are probably the remains of one of the species the Engineers created and then destroyed. A species that broke the covenant, so to speak.

That's my thoughts as well. I think we're witnessing another culture, one the Engineers helped create, meeting its end.

In an older post from Enoch a crew member mentioned two main alien species. He mentioned voice (language?) as well which could indicate that both species referred to are sentient.

Quote from: Enoch on May 20, 2016, 03:27:04 PM
Pompeii or Sodom and Gomorrah? Fire of Covenant perheaps? :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0APF3SO9tqE

CainsSon

Wow. The scale and aesthetics are way off from what I was expecting. This is certainly still very much a SEQUEL to PROMETHEUS... and may be a more FANTASY-style entry to the series, no? They must find this part of Paradise where an Engineer civilization has been wiped out.
Def a 'Pompeii' thing going on.
Im thinking, - in terms of Paradise Lost - these are the petrified bodies of God's Angels/ The Good Engineers that obeyed god, and the Fallen Angels / Engineers on LV223, have released the weapon they created onto Paradise, infecting the Good Engineers, who are in the throws of mutation, in these photos, like Fifield and Holloway - and they are climbing the steps of the temple to reach their creator?
But in response - as they are mutating, someone let off some weapon to wipe them all out and hence here they are frozen in time, like in Pompeii.
In Paradise Lost, a war in Heaven erupts over God loving Humans MORE THAN his Angels. Some of them Rebel, led by Satan... but who knows how literal that connection will be.
These are very interesting. I'm especially pleased with the darkness of it but I hope this is handled well in the script and tonally in the film. Ridley needs to keep the Alien series dark. Here's to that!
I am hoping it's not some flashback but rather something the crew encounter when they explore the planet. I think ALIEN films are best when the plots are sort of linear. Even that dream sequence in Prometheus was bad for that I thought. One thing is for sure - Ridley Scott is going to make this stuff LOOK incredible!

Also- this made me think of that ad, when they were looking for multiple thin, tall people to feature in the film as extras. This is why. Because they are the playing the petrified bodies of these Engineers.

Enoch

Enoch

God is often represented as fire... I just analyse movie ideas by trying to understand symbolic
meaning behind all the references we know Covenant story will implement.

For example. Remember this crystal,

I assume you all know they changed this scene 3 times. They used amule of black goo instead of crystal and then sacrifical bowl... but at the end they chose green crystal. Well I found whats the ultimate meaning of the crystal: Its a gem used on Satans/Lucifer crown... it represent enligtenment and knowledge. It symbolises power of regeneration (like Prometheus liver) and often represent cosmic egg of eternal rebirth...!

So I am pretty sure that all the things have some meaning in Prometheus... its a flawed movie for sure, but they (Ridley and Lindelof) knew what they wanted to achieve.

We still dont know who is who in this story? Who is a Prometheus/Lucifer in Prometheus? Humans or Engineers, or both, or maybe David? Whats Xeno or black goo? Is there a true "God"?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

What is interesting is that all of this was built at a quarry in Sydney instead of inside a more secure soundstage. Which might mean that everything will be set on fire - a huge blaze of epic proportions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed