Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series

Started by KiramidHead, Nov 04, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

Author
Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series (Read 31,837 times)

nanison

nanison

Its IMDB and RT audience ratings are pretty poor. I think I'm gonna stick with the more brutal and political house of the dragon for now

Immortan Jonesy

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Loved the first two eps can't wait to see the rest

Prez

Prez

First episode down and I loved it. It hit a few beats that took me back to PJ's tone.

Local Trouble

Rudiger

Rudiger

One episode down and it's OK. It looks lovely but the script is poor, the pacing is slow and some of the performances are very, very dodgy. Like the new GOT series, they've gone cheap with the cast.

nanison

nanison

Going cheap with the cast should be great. It saves tons of money that can perhaps go into the movie and not into the actors pockets.

As for the ratings, it does seem there is a force at work here. I'm gonna trust the reviews.

xShadowFoxX

I've watched the first two episodes, and I went in with real low expectations. I'm very surprised that I'm actually right down the middle. Like it's not bad, but it is totally leaning toward terrible. Reviewers are saying the costumes look great but I personally think they are terrible, and the armor bits look like paper mache, plastic pieces.

I also really don't like the lead actress playing Galadriel. She's very quiet to the point I have to turn up the volume just to hear her and I think she's terrible overall. Tbh, I don't like any of the performances from anybody.

I do think they nailed the Dwarves, though, very little complaints about them.

The set design is gorgeous, like it is indeed the best looking show out there. The story really does feel condensed and I feel they could've done without a lot of the exposition. Overall, this show could've been way better and I think it makes House of the Dragon look almost Oscar worthy.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: nanison on Sep 03, 2022, 08:31:12 PMGoing cheap with the cast should be great. It saves tons of money that can perhaps go into the movie and not into the actors pockets.

As for the ratings, it does seem there is a force at work here. I'm gonna trust the reviews.

You need quality character actors to pull off the dialogue. They can bring the level of gravitas that's missing here. The scenes with the King of the elves were toe curling as the guy they cast is very wooden.

nanison

nanison

Quote from: Rudiger on Sep 04, 2022, 07:09:50 AM
Quote from: nanison on Sep 03, 2022, 08:31:12 PMGoing cheap with the cast should be great. It saves tons of money that can perhaps go into the movie and not into the actors pockets.

You need quality character actors to pull off the dialogue. They can bring the level of gravitas that's missing here. The scenes with the King of the elves were toe curling as the guy they cast is very wooden.

Well I haven't seen it but he got through the casting, he is a professional actor so it should be good. Maybe for some reason it was his intention to come of wooden?
I don't know, just tossing some things around.

Some never learn of course like Keanu Reeves  :o

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Sep 03, 2022, 08:24:45 AMFirst episode down and I loved it. It hit a few beats that took me back to PJ's tone.

Second episode done and I'm still loving it.

Rudiger

Rudiger

I gave episode 2 ten minutes but I cannot escape the feeling that I'm watching rubbish. I might revisit one day, but so far this has none of the quality, magic or interest of the films.

KiramidHead

I liked the first episode. Not perfect for sure, with some definite rough patches, but overall an enjoyable watch. Gonna watch the second soon, see how it continues.

And I love me some Morfydd Clark, so that helps.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

SiL

SiL

They just modeled the dudes after modern alpha males like Musk, Shapiro and Peterson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed