Announcing the Launch of our Patreon!

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 04, 2023, 07:02:49 PM

Author
Announcing the Launch of our Patreon! (Read 11,761 times)

RidgeTop

We’re pleased to announce the launch of our Patreon! Patreon is a platform for supporting creators by monthly donations, with subscribers receiving special perks as a thank you for their support.

This is where you can subscribe to support what we have going on at Alien vs. Predator Galaxy and enjoy exclusive perks for doing so! We are the oldest and largest Alien, Predator, and AVP fan-site on the internet, since expanding into other avenues such as YouTube, social media networks, and a podcast going over a decade strong. We do our best to provide well-researched and quality content for fans, as well as exclusives such as never before available scripts from the films.

Moving forward, there is lots to look forward to for these franchises, and your support helps tremendously in empowering us to devote more time and energy to creating new content such as podcasts, interviews and editorials.

As an exclusive for our supporters, we’re launching a new podcast called ‘Genetic Memory,’ where we discuss movies, gaming, and other media that is tangentially related to Alien and Predator such as films that the cast and crew worked on like Dark Star, and films that influenced or are coincidentally similar Alien or Predator such as Planet of the Vampires or Without Warning.

We will also cover the blatant rip-offs of Alien and Predator such as Inseminoids, and more modern projects that owe a lot to Alien and Predator like Scorn and Dead Space. Our first Genetic Memory episode is on Dark Star and is available now to all subsciber tiers on Patreon!

Head on over to our Patreon page to learn more, or click the image below!

Announcing the Launch of our Patreon!

Since our early days, we’ve offered our community members the option to subscribe to our website to support us and enjoy website perks. This subscriber system will be fully phased out and replaced with Patreon by the start of October, but anyone who has already purchased a lifetime subscription will have site benefits maintained as a legacy subscriber and will have a specialized icon.

We will have a dedicated page on our site listing our supporters with their subscription tiers, we will thank our supporters with a special end card on our YouTube videos, and we will thank new supporters during our podcast episodes. New Patrons will have the same website perks that were part of our subscriptions, as well as our new benefits from Patreon.

Moving forward after our Patreon launch, we will be engaged with our supporters, updating you on our plans and further perks for our fan community. Check out the membership listings and recent posts for the latest on current extras for our supporters. Thank you for your consideration!

[cancerblack]

I can see myself going in for a Warrior membership and sticking with it, when I'm able to (which isn't right now I'm afraid). The Genetic Memory idea is 100% my jam.

(Bad Blood)

I am going with an Elder subscription in two days, that I plan to continue to pay for the continued awesomeness of this site and community.

Corporal Hicks

Awesome! Thanks for the support, Bad Blood. I'm hoping to get enough to be able to take on an editor for the podcasts so I can concentrate on recording and writing content rather than the focus I end up putting on the editing of the podcasts. It's really draining me lately.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2023, 08:36:21 AMAwesome! Thanks for the support, Bad Blood. I'm hoping to get enough to be able to take on an editor for the podcasts so I can concentrate on recording and writing content rather than the focus I end up putting on the editing of the podcasts. It's really draining me lately.
You are most welcome my friend! I know you put a lot of work into it all so it's the least I can do. 

Darkness

Good work. I'm glad you've managed to get this out. I know it's something I've been thinking about for the past few years.

So once you've become a patron, is there like an RSS feed for the Genetic Memory podcast or can you only listen to it through the Patreon website or its app?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 05, 2023, 09:00:16 AMSo once you've become a patron, is there like an RSS feed for the Genetic Memory podcast or can you only listen to it through the Patreon website or its app?

As far as we can figure, it's only through the app.

RidgeTop

A big thank you to all of our initial supporters!

Zack Walker, Josh Cambrian, Darkness, Javar Wayman, Zarnold Quigley, Sizzy, Christian Matzke, XenoPredAlien, SwineRider, and Hunter Goetz.

Hunter Goetz was our very first Patron. We will be thanking all of our supporters on a dedicated site page as well as during our podcast and on YouTube video end cards.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2023, 09:20:22 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Sep 05, 2023, 09:00:16 AMSo once you've become a patron, is there like an RSS feed for the Genetic Memory podcast or can you only listen to it through the Patreon website or its app?

As far as we can figure, it's only through the app.

I believe Spotify has Patreon integration so I'd like to see if we can get it on there, either as a new podcast or unlocked episodes on our main feed.

While Patreon is an avenue for supporting our site, podcast, online presence and projects, we really want to make sure our supporters feel the perks they are getting are worth it. This is something we will continue to evolve over time. I'd like to implement things like giveaways for our supporters or perhaps a special AVPG logo pin for one year of support with any tier. But we're always open to suggestions so feel free to share any ideas for what you might think would be good perks. We're also in the process of refreshing our merch store and will be offering prints soon.

Wweyland

Good luck! This is very inspiring.

Sabres21768

Joined!

shadowedge

Subscribed!!

Sabres21768

How do I tell if I'm joined?

Sorry, this is my first Patreon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shadowedge on Sep 08, 2023, 02:22:17 PMSubscribed!!

Thanks, Shadow! We'll be asking for folks usernames on here to make sure we issue the badges on here soon!

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 08, 2023, 04:57:46 PMHow do I tell if I'm joined?

Sorry, this is my first Patreon.

You should be able to log in to Patreon and see the relevant bits for you. I did see your notification and recognize your name, though! Thanks for the support :)

(Bad Blood)

Joined up with an Elder subscription as promised!

Corporal Hicks

Thanks, Bad Blood! It's genuinely appreciated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed