Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by kwisatz - Today at 02:34:21 PM
I'm older than Local  :o
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Master Chief - Today at 02:23:11 PM
Joined AvPG on May 2, 2007.  Still loving this site!  8)
Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 01:53:35 PM
I will maintain that, unless an additional story is made set between Aliens and Alien 3, the most logical theory, having ruled out most of the popular theories with conflicting factors presented on screen, and using what we know about the alien (and a little of what we don't know) is that the eggs grew there. It's the only theory I think I'd be happy with accepting as plausible at this stage, taking into account the egg/eggs position, the black resin dripping down from above around it, the fact the prop has a smaller unformed egg next to the cluster (suggesting that was the mindset) It grew. Eggmorphing hasn't been expanded upon enough... we assume the host is changing into an egg, but it could just as easily be the case that the host is feeding the growing egg nutrients in the first movie; it may aid maturity but may not be needed. Big chap certainly didn't lay full sized ovomorphs, and the queen doesn't have "emergency eggs" when we clearly see unformed 'yolks' pouring from her egg sack when Ripley launches grenades at it. It's impossible for it to be Bishop, and for arguments sake, if it were, it'd be in a secure hold for transport to WeYu labs, not randomly placed under flooring upside down and covered in secretions.

A cluster of growing eggs is the only logical assumption (in something that we as an audience know doesn't make sense, was simply a studio demand... but it's what we are presented with, it's on-screen so it happened). The fact that we saw dripping acid burning into the floor by Bishops feet from her wounds from losing the eggsack (and you would assume this leakage would continue through the fight with Ripley in the power loader) *and* the fact the location of the egg bares a striking resemblance to the underfloor area Newt was crawling in just helps lean into this.

I feel the "it was all a dream in cryo, there were no eggs" is too lazy, and also presents the problem of how a facehugger (or huggers) got on board - they clearly didn't hitch a ride on the Queen (we saw the Queen multiple times before it got on board the dropship).

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:32:30 PM
The crew of main characters could pick it up... But then again why could they and everyone else couldn't ?
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 01:21:21 PM
Has anyone posited the theory that David docked with the Sulaco while everyone was in cryo, put the egg there, and then fled the scene?

Spoiler
;D
[close]
I'll get steelbooks if they're all that's available or the cheapest option, but I don't really go out of my way to get them, usually. Too easy to dent/scratch, even with just general wear and tear of taking on/off a shelf and rubbing against other cases on the shelf. I don't really have interest in letting them just sit there as collector's items; if I'm getting a movie, I'm getting it because I plan on watching it, likely multiple times over, so they aren't really my go-to as a result.

Big steelbook box sets can be nice, though, like this one I have:

It sits at the top of my shelf, so it isn't really rubbing/scratching against other titles the way my general one-off steelbooks are.

As far as Alien/Predator stuff goes, I don't have any steelbooks there. I have the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set, the Prometheus 3D Blu-ray Collector's Edition, the Target edition of Alien: Covenant on Blu-ray with the digibook replicating David's Artwork, Alien: Covenant 4K, Alien 4K, Aliens 4K, the Predator Four Movie Collection 4K, and Prey 4K. I still need to pick up the 4K release of Prometheus. Don't have either of the AVPs and don't really feel the need to get them.
Last post by Kradan - Today at 01:03:33 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 11:45:46 AMCan we all just admit that it doesn't matter, Alien 3 is so great, an absolute masterpiece, that an alien egg can just turn up anywhere for purpose of story.
F**k it, why not two eggs. Three eggs. As many eggs as you can throw at a Conestoga class military vessel.
I think we can all agree on that and put the egg to bed.
I hear by declare the problem solved.
😎

Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by Darkness - Today at 12:31:54 PM
Managed to pick this up on ebay.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

To upgrade my aging 1060.
I only have one and that's AvP which I got second-hand from CEX. It is quite nice. I have a few game ones too but I don't really collect them.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed