Super/Queen Facehugger

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2006, 03:37:02 PM

Author
Super/Queen Facehugger (Read 80,843 times)

Extroheal

Extroheal

They probably couldn't get it to move properly which is why in the scene with the dog barking at it, they used a normal facehugger.

SiL

SiL

Those shots were done later in post-production when the idea of using the Ox was scrapped, along with the Super Face-hugger scene.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 06, 2007, 08:52:19 PM
"Life finds a way." - Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

With all do respect to yourself, this is not meant to be personally directed toward you, more so at Michael Chriton (all 6'9" of him).

I hate that line.

Mostly because of how many people repeat it, as a piece of wisdom, and how horribly incorrect it is.   

Keep in mind he was talking about dinosaurs who are now going to find a way to reproduce, because dinosaurs must always find a way to survive, right?

They are EXTINCT. They did NOT find a way last time; did they?

Many different species FAILED in "finding that way".

One early species (during the Triassic) may have became birds. Ok, that's it, 1 found a way, sort of (the parent species still went extinct anyway), all the others, thousands of them, did not find anyway at all.

Now we are to believe a catchy phrase like "life always finds a way".

Not for me, sorry.

99.9% of all life that has lived on Earth is EXTINCT.

Always finds a way huh? What? Finds a way to DIE?

Care to see how well life on Mars found a way? I bet they would have like to as well. Too bad they didn't.

The always finding a way is more unique or rare at least, quality of the Aliens. That is hardly true for life on earth however.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The line has plenty of gumption in today's world.

Hell, take the fact that our women are starting to become immune to the "pill" contraceptive.

Basically, the pill has been proven to be at least 99 percent effective.

That means 1 percent or less can actually have children while taking it, and then they have a child, who is also born with the same genes as the parents, namely, the genetics that cause the pill not to work.

The pill has been around for at least 2 generations, meaning there are more and more women who can have children based on that fact.

It's not necessarily evolution as much as it is different genes.

So that line does have some levity.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Meathead320 on Mar 31, 2007, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 06, 2007, 08:52:19 PM
"Life finds a way." - Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park

With all do respect to yourself, this is not meant to be personally directed toward you, more so at Michael Chriton (all 6'9" of him).

I hate that line.

Mostly because of how many people repeat it, as a piece of wisdom, and how horribly incorrect it is.   

Keep in mind he was talking about dinosaurs who are now going to find a way to reproduce, because dinosaurs must always find a way to survive, right?

They are EXTINCT. They did NOT find a way last time; did they?

Many different species FAILED in "finding that way".

One early species (during the Triassic) may have became birds. Ok, that's it, 1 found a way, sort of (the parent species still went extinct anyway), all the others, thousands of them, did not find anyway at all.

Now we are to believe a catchy phrase like "life always finds a way".

Not for me, sorry.

99.9% of all life that has lived on Earth is EXTINCT.

Always finds a way huh? What? Finds a way to DIE?

Care to see how well life on Mars found a way? I bet they would have like to as well. Too bad they didn't.

The always finding a way is more unique or rare at least, quality of the Aliens. That is hardly true for life on earth however.

Part of that is true yet the quote in question is never referencing just one species, and i'll back up what the quote actually means with a quote from the book (which ironically i finished reading for the...at least 20th time XD):

Quote'Our Planet is four and a half billion years old. There has been life on this planet for nearly that long. Three point eight billion years. The first bacteria. And, later, the first multicellular animals, then the irst complex creatures, in the sea, on the land. Then the great sweeping ages of animals---the amphibians, the dinosaurs, the mammals, each lasting millions upon millions of years. Great dybasties of creatures arising, flourishing, dying away. All this happening against a background of continuous and violent upheaval, mountain ranges thrust up and eroded away, cometary impacts, volcanic eruptions, oceans rising and falling, whole continents moving... Endless constant and violent change, even today the great geographicalfeature of this planet comes from two planets colliding, bucklingto nmake the Himalayan mountain range over millions of years. The planet has survived everything, in its time. It will certainly survive us.

Suppose there was. Lets say we had a bad one (radiation accident), and all the animals and plants died and the earth was clicking hot for a hundred thousands years. Life would survive somewhere--under the soil, or perhaps frozen in Arctic ice. And after all those years, when the planet was no longer inhospitable, life would again spread over the planet. The evolutionary process would begin again. It might take a few billion years for lie to regain its present variety. And of course it would be very diferent from what it is now. But the earth would survive our folly. Life would sruvive our folly. Only we, think it wouldnt'

Please dont ever make me quote Ian Malcolm on anything ever again XD

Now THAT is what is properly meant about the whole 'Life Finds a way' not the fact that most species have gone extinct, just the fact that no matter what happens to everything on the planet, life has, and will always find a way to survive. Which leads me to the conclusion that the whole quote has NOTHING to do with anything related to AvP or either franchises... aside from the fact that if Aliens were to take over earth, then life would survive untill the aliens died out, or something happened to wipe them out.

frost

frost

Quote from: Dachande2311 on Mar 31, 2007, 10:38:51 PM

QuoteWhich leads me to the conclusion that the whole quote has NOTHING to do with anything related to AvP or either franchises...

yes indeed we are dealing with fiction here :o

gameoverman

gameoverman

There must have been two facehuggers as even in the special edition of Alien 3 we saw a regular facehugger crack Ripley's cryotube.

So maybe Burke put two eggs in the Sulaco (one for Ripley and one for Newt) - and the Queen laid an egg in the dropship (which contained the queen facehugger).

This makes sense unless the theatrical version is canon - in which case normal facehuggers can contain queen embryos.

Nightmare

Nightmare

sry for ressurecting this thread.....

if you take the theatrical version as canon (u must) then a normal hugger would contain the queen embrio.....i dont like that, so i got an possible explanation for the thing

the queen hugger after empregnating ripley morphed into a normal hugger
the normal ghugger morphed to a queen after empregnating ripley and spike...which doenst make sense cause it should die then

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Watch creature design for Alien 3, if I'm remembering right it's got some info on the Super Face Hugger.

Haloxpok3mon

Dr. Wren

Naissus

Naissus

Seeing a giant facehugger would freak me out in a movie.

username64

username64

Does Anyone have any pictures (pics f A3 not studio pics)

storeo

storeo

voila!

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I liked the design myself, would make a nice replica/diorama too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed