Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:24:10 AM

Author
Alien 5 Ideas (Read 109,195 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Yes, that was sarcasm...

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Well, I don't get it. You can't seriously want an Aliens film to be realistic.

maledoro

maledoro

Now, I'm hoping that you are being sarcastic...

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 06:46:33 PM
Well, I don't get it. You can't seriously want an Aliens film to be realistic.

What do you mean exactly? I've always considered the Alien films to be very realistic. That's a big part of the attraction. The reason the Alien films have such a big cult status is because they are realistic and well thought-out. Well, apart from Res anyway.

maledoro

maledoro

There's nothing creepier than a movie that makes you think that it could possibly happen.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I'm talking about the concept of an alien, Predator and Alien, I don't see how one is more realistic than another.

maledoro

maledoro

The Predator acts like, well, a hunter. It has too much humanism in it. Plus, it gets more human-like when people start projecting human values onto it like names, honor, warrior codes, trophies, etc.

Sure, some of the aliens' behavior resembles that of terrestrial insects, but we really can't get into the mind of insects, can we? The preddies are pretty much easy to figure out, but the aliens have bizarre behavior patterns and look less anthropomorphic than the preds do. There is so much about the alien that is (literally) otherworldly.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Actually, I'm starting to see what you mean. But surely the Pilots have got to act some way...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 05:15:58 PM
Actually, I'm starting to see what you mean. But surely the Pilots have got to act some way...
And that is why I don't want to see one (or more) in a movie. If we see them driving around in vehicles (albeit organic ones), it would just lose my interest. It doesn't matter what their equipment, etc. look like, just seeing them doing things we humans do would be a cheat; and a very trite one at that.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

So you wouldn't want to see them at all?

maledoro

maledoro

No. I have no faith in anyone who would attempt to put them on the screen, save for Giger. And he has no intentions of dealing with Fox.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Why does he have no intentions? He obviously did for the first film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He didn't get credited for A Res.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

A Res?

Keiros

Keiros

Alien Resuckrection.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed