CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay?

Started by gabgrave, Jan 27, 2014, 03:42:47 PM

How do you feel about the Alien design in Isolation?

I like it
69 (63.3%)
I don't like it
14 (12.8%)
If looks like an Alien, walks like an Alien, its an Alien
26 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author
CA's Alien Design: Yay or Nay? (Read 8,214 times)

Xhan

Xhan

No, it was actually Weaver who said it and Scott who denied it

"Q: Sigourney Weaver told me that she believed the Alien looked at Ripley in the final scene with curiosity and perhaps sexual interest.
Ridley Scott: I never thought about it that way. I find that her comment is ... certainly odd"

Space Voyager

Ok, I sure hope Ridley denied it... That would be a bit much.

SM

SM

I don't see that much of a problem with it.  O'Bannon described the Alien as ignorant.  It being curious about Ripley removing what it would perceive as skin is an interesting concept.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Mar 11, 2014, 11:37:22 PM
You're in as much of a position to judge this game as the rest of us.

In fact your previous posts have shown you know even less than many of us, but still claim to know everything about it.

Have fun jamming it into your all encompassing canon.  I daresay it'll be easier than A:CM.  :laugh:

No but the fact that two of the demos I have red about have her by herself and the Alien are pretty bad indications to me.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 11, 2014, 11:43:05 PM
Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 11, 2014, 07:33:09 PM
QuotePreviously a station designed to be a thriving community and home hundreds of people, Sevastopol has now been withdrawn from active service. It's on complete lock-down, with its remaining inhabitants in fear for their lives.

Remaining inhabitants... how many is that, again? Three? Two hundred and nine? Thirty-one?

More reading for you, Darth Rinzler.

The key phrase is "withdrawn from active service."  I doubt their is even one hundred in the station. 

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

They have already said there is at least 100 people there. Again, the number varies by report, but it's never dipped below 100.

SM

SM

QuoteThe key phrase is "withdrawn from active service."  I doubt their is even one hundred in the station. 

Best wait till the facts are made evident before pretending you know things that you don't.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

BACK ON TOPIC....

as for the alien's design, I looked at pictures and the alien seems to have a nice wet look to it. but there's no drizzling drool. or will this be added later?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't think I've seen enough of the Alien from Isolation to really judge it. From the trailer we've gotten (and the, like, 2 frames we see the Alien) it looked pretty acceptable to me, but I also haven't followed the game *too* closely so far so I'm wondering if there's other artwork or images I haven't seen it. Does anyone have images they can share?

Then again I'm generally really lenient with how Aliens are depicted as long as it gets the general shapes and concepts right.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2014, 10:25:01 PM
QuoteThe key phrase is "withdrawn from active service."  I doubt their is even one hundred in the station. 

Best wait till the facts are made evident before pretending you know things that you don't.

I am not pretending to know anything, are you saying I fabricated those references from the xbox mag?

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 27, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/film/lookbacks/dark.star05.jpg

Obviously this game is going to be a complete and utter AvP-R level failure if they miss on the opportunity to include Dark Star DLC skins for the Alien!  >:(

Allegedly some people have a problem with the beach ball.

I've never had a problem with it.

SM

SM

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Mar 13, 2014, 05:50:56 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2014, 10:25:01 PM

I am not pretending to know anything, are you saying I fabricated those references from the xbox mag?

You take tiny snippets of info, blow them all out of proportion, then take the resulting fiction as gospel.

You certainly fabricated the stuff about CA apparently bashing A:CM.

Just wait for the game and see what pans out instead of jumping to fabricated conclusions.

Space Voyager

And judge the legs of one's own species! ;)

SM

SM

Lest your own legs be judged!

Mus

Mus

My legs are graceful and fair

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I've been judging legs for decades, and I ain't about to quit now.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed