'White' Alien

Started by Noir-Gojira, Jul 16, 2007, 03:14:54 AM

Author
'White' Alien (Read 2,773 times)

Danger Close

Danger Close

I think it is already known that a newly molted Alien has a whitish look. It turns black as it ages.

SM

SM

A newly molted Alien isn't whitish.  A newborn Alien is.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2007, 12:03:15 AM
A newly molted Alien isn't whitish.

Well, we can't be 100% on that surely.  The one in Alien3, maybe...but it's impossible to say where he was in the molting stage.  He looked all funky an' shit, but was nearly fully grown by then.

Sunset Pred

Sunset Pred

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2007, 12:03:15 AM
A newly molted Alien isn't whitish.  A newborn Alien is.

No it was more yellowish then whitish.

SM

SM

QuoteWell, we can't be 100% on that surely.  The one in Alien3, maybe...but it's impossible to say where he was in the molting stage.  He looked all funky an' shit, but was nearly fully grown by then.

He was approximating the size of a large dog at the point and was surrounded by Alien-gunk - some of which was found by Murphy.  And he had the same tones as he would later when he was full size.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2007, 12:20:32 AM
He was approximating the size of a large dog at the point

Based only on Murphy thinking the dark shape was Spike, I assume?  There's not much else to go on for scale. 

SM

SM

Yeah.  He's not going to think a 6-7 foot creature is Spike.

Aeus

Aeus

Spike was actually Clifford The Big Red Dog, thats why Murphy confused an 8-foot Alien for him. But he learnt his lesson.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 16, 2007, 08:51:03 AM
You know, it's interesting how Predators naturally operate on Infared, but their cloaks are designed according to the same visual spectrum as human beings.
Infrared is just another part of the light spectrum. Bending light around themselves would make them invisible even to each other -- Which would explain why the Predator looked itself over to see it wasn't cloaking in Predator 2.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Bad choice of words on my part.  I was trying to say the same range of vision on the light spectrum as humans, though you still make a good point with regards to Predator 2

And a polar bear's fur is actually clear.  Damn thing's white enough.

Highland

Highland

Intersting idea, but I'm thinking they wouldnt choose an Accidental pic from a ADI book to reveal their new and improved "white boy"

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 17, 2007, 08:30:46 AM

No it isn't ;D And i think all of the chestbrasters ( sorry i spelled that wrong. ) are yellowish. 

Danger Close

Danger Close

The Alien in the photo is definitly not white, but it isn't very black either. It will be interesting if it is a lighter color and how it is explained.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Jul 17, 2007, 08:30:46 AM

No it isn't ;D And i think all of the chestbrasters ( sorry i spelled that wrong. ) are yellowish. 

Their individual hairs on a polar bear are clear, now shut up before you look stupid.

Looks more off-white than yellowish.

Danger Close

Danger Close

White was probably the wrong way to describe the color. But I stand by what I said about an Alien just after it molts or sheads. I can't go into it in more detail but I know there is more than 1 referance in the comic's and novels about the color and how it becomes darker.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed