X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,094 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: HappyAlien on Oct 28, 2013, 02:04:31 AM
Been reading some stuff about Xbox One running COD Ghosts on 720p resolution instead of 1080 like the PS4. Also their exclusive game Ryse: Son of Rome running on only 900p resolution. Now this game is made by Crytek who are known for making games with impressive graphics. Now if they cannot hit 1080p on a next gen console its a bit of a worry. There were some game on the Ps3 that run on 1080p so it should be no problem for these new consoles.
Ryse can't run at 1080p because it's being made by Crytek. They always make the most demanding games to begin with. It probably came down to either having less detailed graphics, and have it run at 1080p, or having better graphics and having the game run at 900p. Probably something along those lines. That is a weird resolution to run the game at though.

Spoiler
PC Master Race
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I still see no f**king difference between 720 and 1080.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Hopefully the PS4 controller has improved and matches the Xbox controller now.

Nah it's the same thing only bigger and with a touchscreen. :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 28, 2013, 02:20:14 AM

That's because there's hardly a difference to begin with.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yep.

Why people get so worked up over 720 vs. 1080 still baffles me.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I do, but it's reallllly small. I wonder how long it will be till consoles can play games with 4k resolution, because it is A BIG difference from 1080p.

Jarac

Jarac

Going with SONY this gen. I love my 360 (PS3 took a but of time to get there), but SONY always comes out on top when it comes to delivering the types of games I want and a lot of new IPs.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'll probably wind up getting the new Xbox purely for Halo. Most of the other games I'm interested in are multiplatform, so not too concerned about that.

ShadowPred

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: King Rathalos on Oct 28, 2013, 02:21:28 AM
Hopefully the PS4 controller has improved and matches the Xbox controller now.

Nah it's the same thing only bigger and with a touchscreen. :P

People that have used it keep saying it feels pretty much like a 360 controller. Much more comfortable than the PS3's. And it LOOKS comfortable. I hope they're right.

I think they consciously tried to mimic that design. They wanted to trump Xbox this time around. They didn't hold back.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

If the joysticks aren't in the same location as the 360's, it's not going to feel the same at all. At least the shape of the controller is similar to the 360's.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

It won't feel the same for sure, but maybe around that level of comfort. If the joystick placement is what bothers some, well then I guess there's no way around that. Specially if they are switching companies. They are too used to one way.

I've had both, and while I do prefer the Xbox joystick placement, the PS one has never stirred me wrong. I know some people are going to be frustrated about that placement(if they're switching companies), but it's not THAT bad. You get used to it.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I'm familiar and use both controllers frequently, but the 360 controller just... it feels right.

Nothing beats a keyboard and mouse though.  ;)

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 28, 2013, 02:25:07 AM

Your probably right. But it still baffles me why they are still going with 720p when its a completely new generation of consoles. I wonder if the type of TV you have matters more than what platform a game is on when you consider graphics. However I have noticed that the Call of Duty games always look better to me on XBOX than Ps3 but Ps3's exclusives usually were the best looking games on the last generation.

Wonder if Sony would ever consider making a controller that had triggers like the Xbox one and the analog sticks in the same place as the Xbox controller. The PS3 controller just feels wrong to me now even though I liked it on Ps1, Ps2 and originally PS3.
It just seems that Sony have made a better product this generation (except the controller) and are selling it at a better price. Making up for the mistakes from launch of  the last generation I guess. They seem to be treating the customers with more respect now.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: HappyAlien on Oct 28, 2013, 05:43:34 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 28, 2013, 02:25:07 AM

Your probably right. But it still baffles me why they are still going with 720p when its a completely new generation of consoles. I wonder if the type of TV you have matters more than what platform a game is on when you consider graphics. However I have noticed that the Call of Duty games always look better to me on XBOX than Ps3 but Ps3's exclusives usually were the best looking games on the last generation.
Nope. It's not the TV that will decide which system looks better, it's the system itself. Multiplatform games always looked better on 360 because it was easier to develop and port for, while the PS3's architecture was a lot more complicated, and more difficult to work with. PS3 exclusives always looked better because the hardware is better than a 360's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed