X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,123 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Raku on Jul 30, 2013, 03:17:40 AM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jul 30, 2013, 03:03:47 AMHow is the console "shitty"?
1) Limited HD, you cant replace your HD (unlike PC, and PS4) 2) The console doesn't run without a camera connected, I like my privacy. 3) I would rather game on a PC than an Xbox (at least I would have up to date software, and hardware). 4) I was semi-ranting so I couldn't help myself from using that word =P

I'm not hating though because I used to be a former 360 fanboy. I just don't think companies should get passes. It happened with BP when they had that oil spill, happens with EA every time they do something awful (I'm guilty for still supporting them with The Sims =/), and now it's happening with Microsoft.

I'm sorry if my opinion for how companies should be viewed is different than yours.

well the camera doesnt need to be on at all it can be turned off. its not needed to play or use. and are you ignorant enough to compare the console war to an environmental disaster with which BP didnt actually get away with :s

Raku

Raku

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 30, 2013, 05:00:32 AM
well the camera doesnt need to be on at all it can be turned off. its not needed to play or use.
That's not good enough. Why can't I not have the camera at all? Why do I need to plug it in to play a game that does not need motion control?

I don't like that.

Quoteand are you ignorant enough to compare the console war to an environmental disaster with which BP didnt actually get away with :s
First of all, I didn't put that much thought in thinking of horrible companies. I'll be honest I just went with the first few companies my mind came up with. Thinking back I probably should have pointed to something else like how the US Government is avoiding bills that restrict it (NSA anyone?). So yes, I will give you that point. I should have put much more effort in that point, so I apologize on that note.

Second of all, I don't give a damn about console wars. I just want a device that plays well. I don't care what company makes it, and I don't stick with one brand. I would also like a company to not try to screw over the consumer. Both Nintendo, and Sony don't do this. I don't see why Microsoft has to try something so stupid/anti-consumer like this. Yes, I am aware that both Sony, and Nintendo have messed up in the past. I don't give them free passes, but at least they don't mess up like this.

Is it too hard to understand that there are some things that should be left alone? If I put down sixty dollar down for a product, I should be able to use it anyway I want to use it. How I want to use it. I don't want to be restricted especially by a console. I could easily deal with those restrictions on a PC, and get so much more out of it (Modding, Top notch gameplay (graphics, and whatnot)). I just like the simplicity of putting in a disk (I bought, and own), and playing the game I wish to play.

Okay, they removed that restriction. How do I know they won't put it back in? How do I trust them not to stab me in the back again? Why do I need to have Kinect when I don't need it, and most certainty can't find a use for it? How would I trust them not to use their Kinect to do weird stuff?

I don't, and I refuse to take that chance. Sorry if this opinion/post bothers people. I just wish that us pro-consumer people would not be viewed as "Hipsters" or people trying to be "Cool". I don't fight against things to be awesome. I'm not speaking out because I am a "hater".

I am against these things because I care how it effects others (not just myself).

Edit: Can I admit that there is one thing I like about the Xbone? Sure, but the feature I like is also on the PC.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

the kinect doesnt need to be plugged in at all. i know it wont be on mine. next year the xbox one price will go down to below £300 ($400) as they are releasing a version without the kinect included. the kinect isnt needed for anything unless you want to play kinect games or voice recognition. microsoft have been shit at explaining this.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 30, 2013, 03:41:20 PM
the kinect doesnt need to be plugged in at all. i know it wont be on mine. nect tear the xbox one price will go down to below £300 ($400) as they are releasing a version without the kinect included. the kinect isnt needed for anything unless you want to play kinect games or voice recognition. microsoft have been shit at explaining this.
Its been a PR nightmare. But when you do research, it actually could be a badass system.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 30, 2013, 03:41:20 PM
the kinect doesnt need to be plugged in at all. i know it wont be on mine. next year the xbox one price will go down to below £300 ($400) as they are releasing a version without the kinect included. the kinect isnt needed for anything unless you want to play kinect games or voice recognition. microsoft have been shit at explaining this.
Why should I have to wait a year? That's f**king stupid.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It has been a PR nightmare. The price dropped xbox's of next year work more for me because if never bought a new console in its first week of release. At the moment I'm pushing more towards the Xbox because I think it has more potential than the PS4

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

LULZ:

http://www.handytips.info/1372/microsoft-will-reintroduce-the-xbox-one-at-press-event/

QuoteMicrosoft will 'reintroduce' the Xbox One at press event

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 31, 2013, 03:06:12 AM
LULZ:

http://www.handytips.info/1372/microsoft-will-reintroduce-the-xbox-one-at-press-event/

IS CONMAN SENSE A GOD DAMN SUPER POWER?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE OVER THERE?!

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Predator Queen on Aug 01, 2013, 12:31:30 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 31, 2013, 03:06:12 AM
LULZ:

IS CONMAN SENSE A GOD DAMN SUPER POWER?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE OVER THERE?!

Maybe they want to see the new Xbox One?

underbound

underbound

They better change all the crap that it had. I wanted a 360 with better hardware not a f*cking security system.
I support microsoft in the gaming aspect but if the original plans still go out im forced to buy a ps4.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: underbound on Aug 01, 2013, 12:58:40 AM
They better change all the crap that it had. I wanted a 360 with better hardware not a f*cking security system.
I support microsoft in the gaming aspect but if the original plans still go out im forced to buy a ps4.
You know that most of their policies were reversed, right?

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Another press event?

A lifeboat, eh.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Aug 01, 2013, 01:51:29 AM
Another press event?

A lifeboat, eh.

Probably just to show they listened.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed