X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,133 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Because my pc dies every 5-7 years because of how much I abuse it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Who on earth stays with the same GPU for 7 years? Geez...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 21, 2013, 08:23:58 PM
Normal people that aren't PC gamers...

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 21, 2013, 08:38:41 PM
Or know nothing about computers.  If I keep killing mine then whats the point to paying a high price for one if its going to die in a few years when I can get a system that wont die on me and use that forever.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The point is that you will get better components  :laugh: Btw you should monitor your temps all the time, if your CPU runs very hot even if its not overheating the high temp may reduce its life span GREATLY, especially if you are using AMD. You probably should think of changing your PSU every 2-3 years because even the high end PSUs are reducing their wattage power with the time and this may cause a major failure in other components. Your PC is like your car you know - you treat it well and it will serve you well ;)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 21, 2013, 08:54:03 PM
The point is that you will get better components  :laugh: Btw you should monitor your temps all the time, if your CPU runs very hot even if its not overheating the high temp may reduce its life span GREATLY, especially if you are using AMD. You probably should think of changing your PSU every 2-3 years because even the high end PSUs are reducing their wattage power with the time and this may cause a major failure in other components. Your PC is like your car you know - you treat it well and it will serve you well ;)
But a car can take me to the library...

Yah yah I know I am trying to get into learning how to take care of my computer better from a friend of mine who makes custom computers who is also making my new one.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 21, 2013, 07:41:05 PM
Why not PC?

Cause I don't feel like it? :P

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 21, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
Or know nothing about computers.  If I keep killing mine then whats the point to paying a high price for one if its going to die in a few years when I can get a system that wont die on me and use that forever.
Exactly. lol

The average person knows nothing about computers.

Raku

Raku

Yeah, I don't know a single thing about computers either.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 21, 2013, 08:40:12 PM

Well, my console experience is based on old Sega systems, N64 and Xbox 360, but I've never had a system last anywhere near 7 years (let alone forever, jesus). Apparently you take far better care of your consoles than your PCs :P. (Or I do vice versa.)

Modern consoles are basically just computers anyway, they all have a PSU, CPU, GPU, RAM, motherboard, hard drive and optical drive. If your PC is specced with quality components there's no reason it should last any shorter than your console.
Does help if you wash out your dust filters from time to time though, which comprises the demanding task of sliding out a little tray and running it under a tap.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

But when you hook up a computer to the internet you get virus from well just about anywhere.  But its a bit more difficult to get a virus on a gaming system. 

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My SNES has never had a virus, and it still works nearly 20 years later without any bullshit. UNF

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 21, 2013, 11:32:51 PM
My SNES has never had a virus, and it still works nearly 20 years later without any bullshit. UNF

Same here. That's probably because its the greatest system with the greatest games ever made in the history of ever.

That's probably why.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Nintendo knows their shit. I have never had to replace any of their consoles, or handhelds because of some malfunction or something. They've worked for years, and have continued to work.

Raku

Raku

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 21, 2013, 11:25:38 PM
But when you hook up a computer to the internet you get virus from well just about anywhere.  But its a bit more difficult to get a virus on a gaming system.
That's my problem too.

Sometimes I kill computers with viruses I unknowingly get from random websites.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed