X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,121 times)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 09:02:35 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

That's from, like, 4 months ago. They could have easily changed that, or it could have never been true in the first place.
Which part exactly? BF4 release is soon. You will see that the PS4 and the None have 720p option only.

I just hope that David Jaffe was right and this will be the last console gen to be made.

November is still a decent ways away. And, on my Xbox 360, if I go to display options, it says 1080p down at the bottom.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 19, 2013, 08:58:59 PM
Xbone has capitulated

You're still paying an extra 100 dollars for a weaker system.

The extra hundred bucks is for the kinect. FOR THE KINECT.

I read that the X1 has, like, .5 less terraflops or something...what exactly does that mean?

Which you have no choice in buying. So its 100 extra for a system that has weaker processing power and inferior RAM.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Will that be important if I just want to buy Killer Instinct and Halo 5 and 6, 5 years down the road?

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 19, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 19, 2013, 08:58:59 PM
Xbone has capitulated

You're still paying an extra 100 dollars for a weaker system.

The extra hundred bucks is for the kinect. FOR THE KINECT.

I read that the X1 has, like, .5 less terraflops or something...what exactly does that mean?

Which you have no choice in buying. So its 100 extra for a system that has weaker processing power and inferior RAM.
To add to that, they've supposedly had to underclock it to prevent it from bursting into flames.
http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/microsoft-under-clocking-xbox-one-by-100-200mhz#.UcIdf1lOO00

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:00:41 PMThe extra hundred bucks is for the kinect. FOR THE KINECT.
And that's the reason I won't buy XOne. Why would I pay 100 extra bucks for a spyware accessory that I'm not even remotely interested into?  ::)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 08:51:55 PM
Second...stop their evolution? Have you seen the games that are coming out in the next year? Destiny? The Division? Watch Dogs? Those are nothing like CoD, and referring to Destiny and The Division, those type of games have never even touched consoles before.

None of these games showed something new. Destiny - standard FPS shooter, I am seeing those since the 90s. The Division - average third person shooter, the same old mechanics. Watch Dogs - GTA clone with more advanced scripts, no major changes.

The new and innovative games are being made by the indie devs. Just look at Planetary Annihilation. This is something that you can't see every day - a full scale 40 player battle in RTS games which takes place in the universe and you fight on every planet in it. This is something really new. It was never done before.
The AAA games are very similar because the major "players" are afraid to try something new which may hurt their profit ;)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Second...stop their evolution? Have you seen the games that are coming out in the next year? Destiny? The Division? Watch Dogs? Those are nothing like CoD, and referring to Destiny and The Division, those type of games have never even touched consoles before.

None of these games showed something new. Destiny - standard FPS shooter, I am seeing those since the 90s. The Division - average third person shooter, the same old mechanics. Watch Dogs - GTA clone with more advanced scripts, no major changes.

The new and innovative games are being made by the indie devs. Just look at Planetary Annihilation. This is something that you can't see every day - a full scale 40 player battle in RTS games which takes place in the universe and you fight on every planet in it. This is something really new. It was never done before.
The AAA games are very similar because the major "players" are afraid to try something new which may hurt their profit ;)

QFT

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 19, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

Where'd you pull this statistic from?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a489548/playstation-4-to-have-ten-year-lifespan-says-sony.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65740162

I only run games at 720p and they look gorgeous to me.
All games on the 360, even on 1080p are compared to lowest settings (or even worse) on PC. You should see Metro Last Last (for example) full blown on 1080p on PC. Then we will talk.

Btw I was not talking about the graphics solely. You can quote me where I said anything about the graphics in my previous post.
I don't see anywhere in those links where it says 99% of all PC's can play games from this year at 1080p.  :P

Way to pull a statistic out of your ass.  :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:04:44 PM
And, on my Xbox 360, if I go to display options, it says 1080p down at the bottom.
Hahhaha thats cute. But you should check how many of your games are rendered in 1080p IN REAL TIME and not upscaled from 720p. The fact your 360 supports 1080p doesn't mean every game is showed in 1080p ;)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 19, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
Will that be important if I just want to buy Killer Instinct and Halo 5 and 6, 5 years down the road?

I'm going to say yes just to be a contrarion and no other reason.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 09:11:51 PM
And, on my Xbox 360, if I go to display options, it says 1080p down at the bottom.
Hahhaha thats cute. But you should check how many of your games are rendered in 1080p IN REAL TIME and not upscaled from 720p. The fact your 360 supports 1080p doesn't mean every game is showed in 1080p ;)

Ok... I could take that as you being a major prick, but since you don't know that I don't delve into the whole technical things, I won't hold it against you. I'll have to look into what you're talking about, and get back to ya.

OK, yes, Destiny is an FPS, but I mean the whole constantly changing world, MMO style play which has never been on a console before. On a PC? Sure, but not on consoles, which are what we're talking about. And The Division, again, yes it's a third person, but don't tell me that it looks like your average 3rd person shooter.

Also, ShadowPred... you realize you just dissed the game that, from what I have gathered, you're pretty f**king interested in and can not wait to get your hands on, right? OK.

Cellien

Cellien

Wow, that was fast.  I understood their position on DRM but I'm super glad they listened to The People.

(Part of me can't help but think they got hacked, heh.)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:20:17 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 19, 2013, 09:11:51 PM

Ok... I could take that as you being a major prick, but since you don't know that I don't delve into the whole technical things, I won't hold it against you. I'll have to look into what you're talking about, and get back to ya.

OK, yes, Destiny is an FPS, but I mean the whole constantly changing world, MMO style play which has never been on a console before. On a PC? Sure, but not on consoles, which are what we're talking about. And The Division, again, yes it's a third person, but don't tell me that it looks like your average 3rd person shooter.

Also, ShadowPred... you realize you just dissed the game that, from what I have gathered, you're pretty f**king interested in and can not wait to get your hands on, right? OK.

I have yet to see how exactly that game is going to change in the coming years. I am still in doubt over that. I'm buying the game because I find it interesting and I just want to explore other planets and derelict spacecraft. Everything else is just a bonus that I am neutral over.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Btw Prime, for the record - I am not trying to prove some PC superiority or something. Its a known fact the games look better on PC and stuff. I am just trying to say that both next gen consoles are not so next gen. And I am pissed because both MS and SONY are trying to trick the customers with already dated hardware. When I buy my PS4 I want it to be "that powerful box" as it was advertised for. But it wont be and this pissed me off. When I bought BF3 for PS3 and I was like what the f**k is this shit? I don't want to experience this again. But the impact will come later when the consoles bottleneck the new engines and everything just stops in the same cursed loop. The hardware will always go forward but the mainstream trend sadly.. wont.

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 19, 2013, 09:20:17 PM

Being interested in some game doesn't make the game good. Just because you (not particularly you) like some game this doesn't mean your view have to be blurred. For instance - I really liked Alpha Protocol. But the game was shit, its gameplay was shit, the combat system was shit, everything was totally broken. Can I say the game is good - no, but did I enjoyed it - yes. Destiny may be a good game but in the same it can be nothing special you know. Just because its nothing new gameplay wise it doesn't mean it will be a bad game ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

PC gaming is nice, but consoles will always be around since most causal people don't have the money for a high running PC that can support gaming. I remember people were bitching about Battlefield 2142 being PC only since most of the people that wanted to get it couldn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed