X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,121 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I just have a stick up my ass about Microsoft hardware because of 5 dead consoles. Watching microsoft slowly burn alive at the stake has been a dream come true.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 18, 2013, 04:59:30 AM
I just have a stick up my ass about Microsoft hardware because of 5 dead consoles. Watching microsoft slowly burn alive at the stake has been a dream come true.
I hear that, went through three of them.

Raku

Raku

Personally I don't care about online passes just as long as I can play single player.

I will be happy if the PS4's DRM works exactly like the PS3's.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I just got into xbox two years ago after a few people here recommend I play with them.  Then again it was the only system at the time that could play the first Mass Effect (not counting the PC).  So for me its a bit sad to see whats going on with the xbox.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I just have a stick up my ass about Microsoft hardware because of 5 dead consoles.
Those were Falcons or older right? I've never heard about dead Jasper, Trinity or Corona consoles.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 18, 2013, 05:49:44 AM
I just have a stick up my ass about Microsoft hardware because of 5 dead consoles.
Those were Falcons or older right? I've never heard about dead Jasper, Trinity or Corona consoles.
2 were red rings, the other three all had bad disc drives. I sent them my last console in 2009, and they finally got it in their heads to send me a console with a revised motherboard design. I haven't played this console as much as the others, but it still works.

When I say bad disc drive, one console would not read anything, and the other two literally etched deep circular patterns into the discs. Mind you, these consoles were horizontal and not touched or moved at all during play. Two copies of oblivion were destroyed, and Rainbow six vegas was getting beat to hell by a different console, but it survived in the end. I sent the console back anyways because it was only a matter of time.

It's really eerie to hear the disc inside your console rattle around for a few seconds, then hear an awful scratching and crunching sound, followed by the dvd drive slowing down and the console saying "disc unreadable".

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Yeah, Falcons and older ones were always bit twitchy.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Btw is an Xbox 360 manufactured in March 2008 a falcon? I bought it in June 2008 and lasted till November 2011 with no malfunctions in-between.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes it should be a Falcon. The first pre-Jasper consoles with the Opus motherboard (very limited numbers) were out in mid June 2008 and then in September the Jasper got released. So its very unlikely to be Opus, its 99% Falcon.

Thats some bad luck, isn't it  :laugh: I still remember when my Falcon died EXACTLY on its 1 year anniversary.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

What's the game it died you on? Mine was Deus Ex.

WinterActual

WinterActual

RE5

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 18, 2013, 06:07:59 AM
2 were red rings, the other three all had bad disc drives. I sent them my last console in 2009, and they finally got it in their heads to send me a console with a revised motherboard design. I haven't played this console as much as the others, but it still works.

When I say bad disc drive, one console would not read anything, and the other two literally etched deep circular patterns into the discs. Mind you, these consoles were horizontal and not touched or moved at all during play. Two copies of oblivion were destroyed, and Rainbow six vegas was getting beat to hell by a different console, but it survived in the end. I sent the console back anyways because it was only a matter of time.

It's really eerie to hear the disc inside your console rattle around for a few seconds, then hear an awful scratching and crunching sound, followed by the dvd drive slowing down and the console saying "disc unreadable".

Dat feel. Had an Xbox that was pretty damn old (One of the games in the back of the box had Cod 3 advertised on it), and it worked fine for all the time i had it, but about 2 years ago it started scratching the discs as you mentioned every once in a while. It didn't happen often, but it did kill my Left 4 Dead and one of my brother's sports games. That sound is terrifying...

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 18, 2013, 08:57:53 AM
That sound is terrifying...

You know the thing about an xbox, it's got a dvd drive like a chainsaw...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I've never had a problem with my 360...  :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Only the hardcore players have problems with their consoles  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed