X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,126 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But in theory you can sell them on? The Angry Joe interview said you can"gift" a game once. So you just slap it up on eBay and sell that game.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never had a issue with Gamestop. The people that I know are Gamestop are very nice people and I have got good deals with a pro membership. It's people like EA who hates used games when we never had this issue during the 80's, 90's and most of the 2000's. People bitch about companies selling used games but no one bitches about selling used cars.

Effectz

Effectz

Don mattrick apologizes for the xbox one being a failure and not meeting to their customers standards..

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=46yBdG6cicA

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

You know what I forgive him, also very informative.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Good taste in music, too.

WinterActual

WinterActual

:laugh:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Effectz on Jun 17, 2013, 07:08:39 PM
Don mattrick apologizes for the xbox one being a failure and not meeting to their customers standards..

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=46yBdG6cicA

Too late Mattrick. Not even if you sing to me will i forgive you.

Spoiler
Those comments...people actually missed this lol
[close]

Aspie

Predator Queen

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

GO HOME XBACKX!

EDIT

Quote from: Aspie on Jun 17, 2013, 09:47:36 PM
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/microsoft-boss-defends-xbox-one-price-200948920.html

nope nope nope nope nope nope

"WE'RE OVER DELIVERING VALUE!"

f**kING...BUUUUUUUUUUUULSHIT!

Cellien

Cellien

All this hate in this thread because of authenticity checks.  You guys realize when you buy a game now you are only buying a license.  Have you read the agreements in game manuals?  The only difference is that the technology to authenticate this license is more available than it was in 1995.  That is why Steam exists.  There is a reason when you buy a game you cannot return it. The only product you are buying is a disc, so yes if its scratched they will replace it; otherwise you are purchasing a license to the software.

BTW, I just bought Last of Us on PS3 - a first party game.  There is a 'voucher' code in the sleeve to enable any online features.  Sony is actively imposing online authenticating/ DRM on their own titles.  If I were to sell the game after activating the code, what is the pre-owned value now?  The PS4 supposedly will utilize similar methods.  This is just another way to discourage used game sales.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Cellien on Jun 18, 2013, 04:13:52 AM
All this hate in this thread because of authenticity checks.  You guys realize when you buy a game now you are only buying a license.  Have you read the agreements in game manuals?  The only difference is that the technology to authenticate this license is more available than it was in 1995.  That is why Steam exists.  There is a reason when you buy a game you cannot return it. The only product you are buying is a disc, so yes if its scratched they will replace it; otherwise you are purchasing a license to the software.

BTW, I just bought Last of Us on PS3 - a first party game.  There is a 'voucher' code in the sleeve to enable any online features.  Sony is actively imposing online authenticating/ DRM on their own titles.  If I were to sell the game after activating the code, what is the pre-owned value now?  The PS4 supposedly will utilize similar methods.  This is just another way to discourage used game sales.

Yeah that exists but only for multiplayer as of now. Xbox will lock you out of the game completely.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Cellien has betrayed us, he is with the enemy.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Cellien on Jun 18, 2013, 04:13:52 AM

Still your licence to do with it what you want, if you want to sell a game on Ebay you can, what Microsoft want is to dictate where you can resell your games.

Ruling was passed In Europe to allow you to resell your online games too, of course none of the companies actually follow it but it's there.

Sony have already said they're removing any kind of online passes in their first party games for PS4, publishers can still do it though if they want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed