X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,123 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

YEAH, WHAT RAZOR SAID.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

My main issue with the always online XBOne, is that I have a lot of friends who cannot afford an xbox live membership. (College and whatnot)

Plus the dickish way that Xbox guy responded to the complaints.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

There are still places that don't have good Internet connection. Hotels and beach houses tend to have shitty Internet or no Internet at all.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: RazorSlash on Jun 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS NEVER

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 13, 2013, 10:32:35 PM
YEAH, WHAT RAZOR SAID.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 13, 2013, 10:38:00 PM
My main issue with the always online XBOne, is that I have a lot of friends who cannot afford an xbox live membership. (College and whatnot)

But it's not always online, you just need to check in every 24 hours, and you need an online connection to play online multiplayer anyway as it is with current gen consoles.

And yea, I don't like how "dickish" they have been either. But I don't want to just jump in the hate wagon either. I want to take a step back and see what's what and think it through, rather than just loosing my shit.

Nightlord

Nightlord

So far this gen all the exclusives barring Titanfall look like trash, all games I'm looking forward to are multiplat.

Since both consoles have similar architecture this time around there won't be a massive difference in how multiplats run on them, since PS4 is cheaper and actually has hardware a bit stronger than the X1 I got to go with it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 13, 2013, 10:47:25 PM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Jun 13, 2013, 10:27:46 PM
SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS NEVER

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 13, 2013, 10:32:35 PM
YEAH, WHAT RAZOR SAID.

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 13, 2013, 10:38:00 PM

But it's not always online, you just need to check in every 24 hours, and you need an online connection to play online multiplayer anyway as it is with current gen consoles.

And yea, I don't like how "dickish" they have been either. But I don't want to just jump in the hate wagon either. I want to take a step back and see what's what and think it through, rather than just loosing my shit.

You have to always be online, Rich. Last I heard it was a 24 hour check, yes, BUT...you can only play for an hour offline.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Actually, I just read that once your internet goes down or something, you can keep playing for 24 hours offline.

Only thing is, this is a "potential scenario".

Like I said, I've got lots of time before I go making a final call and through that time there will hopefully be more concrete updates.

It's also a matter of opinion when it comes to exclusives, as I've heard people say the Xbox One exclusives are not good, while I feel the same way about PS4 exclusives, they aren't good in my opinion with the exception of the newly announced "Mad Max", Mad Max has my attention, personally I don't give a hoot about the others.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 13, 2013, 10:56:32 PM
You have to always be online, Rich. Last I heard it was a 24 hour check, yes, BUT...you can only play for an hour offline.

Thats only if you're using your account on somebody elses system, it checks every hour.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So yea, from here to probably around Christmas time I'm pretty much declaring a state of neutrality in the console war. Along the way I shall observe and look out for post-release reviews.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

OMG, Rich, just buy the PS4...I, Sweeps, SpaceMarines, and the gang are gonna need you in DESTINY! Remember when you saved all of our asses in Mass Effect 3, and you were the only one left against who knows how many damn enemies?! WE NEED YOU FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THIS!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jun 13, 2013, 11:13:35 PM
Actually, I just read that once your internet goes down or something, you can keep playing for 24 hours offline.
I know plenty of people who can't afford to pay their internet bills all the time. Sometimes, stocking the fridge or paying the electricity bill/meter comes first, and the internet gets cut for weeks at a time. An Xbox One will be useless in this common scenario. For most middle-class folk, this probably won't be a worry. For most everyone I know, it's a complete sham.

I have other concerns with the new Xbox, especially considering the surveillance worries and its need to be online and 'aware' of your presence and actions. With the recent NSA whistleblowing, and companies like MS handing over information, well, MS can take their bad attitude and the Xbox One and go suck a chode.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

PS4, baby!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 13, 2013, 11:47:22 PM
OMG, Rich, just buy the PS4...I, Sweeps, SpaceMarines, and the gang are gonna need you in DESTINY! Remember when you saved all of our asses in Mass Effect 3, and you were the only one left against who knows how many damn enemies?! WE NEED YOU FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THIS!

I'm really flattered and tempted to be swayed... but it's something I feel I need to do and stick to my guns with, to just take a step back, approach the situation with a level head, and see how both Xbox One and PS4 do after release.

Look on the bright side, neutrality means I am in neither camp, it means I'm on the sidelines minding my own business most likely having my own adventure on World of Tanks on the Xbox 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jAnEOMwtA0#ws

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I always play online, but I do like to play offline when I'm at a hotel or beach house. I like to bring my consoles when I have nothing to do on a rainy day. It's better then watching endless ads for Ocean City on TV.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205110

MS thugs harassing people at best buy looking at the Wii U

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed