X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,116 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think it's getting worst now. Less countries means less money for MS.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 12, 2013, 08:23:10 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 12, 2013, 07:08:50 PM
Anyone think the Xbox One will end up selling badly like the Atari Jaguar did back in the mid 90's?
You must realize that the gaming industry has faced a few changes since the mid-90's.

That does mean XO can't bombed the same way that the Jaguar did and MS won't become the next Atari. With the Jaguar, I can rent and borrow games unlike the Xbox One.

Aspie

Aspie

poor vikkah

Vertigo

Vertigo

I imagine if demand gets really low they'll make major changes to the system partway through its life. Sony managed to turn around their initial slump with the PS3.

Get used to always-online gaming though. There's speculation that by the time we reach the Xbox 4, it'll utilise streamed graphics - all the processing hardware will be on the other end of the broadband cable, making the power theoretically unlimited, and potentially making console 'upgrades' a thing of the past.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 12, 2013, 10:29:20 PM
I imagine if demand gets really low they'll make major changes to the system partway through its life. Sony managed to turn around their initial slump with the PS3.

Get used to always-online gaming though. There's speculation that by the time we reach the Xbox 4, it'll utilise streamed graphics - all the processing hardware will be on the other end of the broadband cable, making the power theoretically unlimited, and potentially making console 'upgrades' a thing of the past.
You would need a hell of an internet connection to fully utilize the potential of the graphics that the xbox 4 will have.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 12, 2013, 10:29:20 PM
There's speculation that by the time we reach the Xbox 4, it'll utilise streamed graphics - all the processing hardware will be on the other end of the broadband cable,
Yuck. I can already feel the lag and see the compression blocks. I wonder what the ping would be.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Keep in mind, we're talking 6-8 years from now. Broadband speeds won't be where they are today.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 12, 2013, 11:13:34 PM
Keep in mind, we're talking 6-8 years from now. Broadband speeds won't be where they are today.
I experience just as much lag/ping time now as I did 6 years ago.

With h.265 compression and 30+mb (megabit not byte) video streaming I can see the visual fidelity holding up, but I don't see it being as responsive or smooth. Then there's the issue with internet going down or even just minor hiccups.

As a pc gamer I need access to my games so I can modify them; with a streaming service I assume I don't even have access to the game's files. Unacceptable. I also demand high frame rates (60-120fps) and in the time period you specify I plan to be gaming in 4k.

I don't think we'll be streaming 4k@60 fps with zero lag and full mod/technical access any time soon.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jun 12, 2013, 09:55:13 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 12, 2013, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 12, 2013, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 12, 2013, 07:16:34 PM
I'm sure a lot of people complaining will buy it as well
If they complain about it, why they don't buy PS4 instead? They have the choice so wheres the problem?
People are idiots.

They don't like change  ::)

This is the worst kind of behavior. To be a slave of some brand - SONY, MS, NVIDIA, Intel etc....

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Personally, I'll probably just wait until they release a bundle with the console and Halo 5 before I get it, as much as its gonna pain me to part with the money for a console I probably won't use very much.

Halo is not enough to save one system. The 360 did great because it had a big selection of games, good online and MS was able to start off the 7th gen systems first before Sony and Nintendo did. Xbox One is already losing it's target audience before it is release. Xbox One is trying to force drm of extreme levels onto its consumers when people don't even want it. The Xbox One is also being released in select countries and won't be in other major parts of the world like Japan or Korea. Less countries means less sales.

The PS4 already has no online passes, no drm, a good line up of games, can go offline and is region free. The console is already on very very thin lice and it won't be long until it becomes the Jaguar of this generation. Just like with Jaguar, it was an overpriced American console that failed before it ever started.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 13, 2013, 04:08:13 AM

Personally, I'll probably just wait until they release a bundle with the console and Halo 5 before I get it, as much as its gonna pain me to part with the money for a console I probably won't use very much.

Halo is not enough to save one system. The 360 did great because it had a big selection of games, good online and MS was able to start off the 7th gen systems first before Sony and Nintendo did. Xbox One is already losing it's target audience before it is release. Xbox One is trying to force drm of extreme levels onto its consumers when people don't even want it. The Xbox One is also being released in select countries and won't be in other major parts of the world like Japan or Korea. Less countries means less sales.

The PS4 already has no online passes, no drm, a good line up of games, can go offline and is region free. The console is already on very very thin lice and it won't be long until it becomes the Jaguar of this generation. Just like with Jaguar, it was an overpriced American console that failed before it ever started.

To quote one of my hardcore xbox friends. "The only thing that could save it, is if Half life 3 was released exclusivly to it and it was under $250. Like either of those will happen." Sonys won in converting some of my Xbox friends to it because of the games, its cheaper and the freedom xbox one is lacking and restricting.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 13, 2013, 01:06:22 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 12, 2013, 11:13:34 PM
I experience just as much lag/ping time now as I did 6 years ago.

With h.265 compression and 30+mb (megabit not byte) video streaming I can see the visual fidelity holding up, but I don't see it being as responsive or smooth. Then there's the issue with internet going down or even just minor hiccups.

As a pc gamer I need access to my games so I can modify them; with a streaming service I assume I don't even have access to the game's files. Unacceptable. I also demand high frame rates (60-120fps) and in the time period you specify I plan to be gaming in 4k.

I don't think we'll be streaming 4k@60 fps with zero lag and full mod/technical access any time soon.

Well, I recently moved to the middle of nowhere with a connection to match, but before then my connection was around twenty times faster than eight years earlier, with ping 75% lower. And that's not even with a fibreoptic connection.
National averages have gone up too, +234% between 2008 and 2012.

I'm not exactly a proponent of reliance on streamed processing either, but if it can be done right, the repurcussions will be huge. No need to buy another console, no need to upgrade your PC. It's been talked about for a few years now.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Lol some guy in facebook owned Xbox None pretty hard - "Xbox, turn on my PS4."  :D

Effectz

Effectz

I liked this one better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed