X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,132 times)

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: KNIGHT on May 28, 2013, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: Raku on May 28, 2013, 01:09:30 AM
I hate First Person Shooters, and never bought into the Halo (or various FPS craze) stuff so no I would not.

I still wouldn't buy an Xbox One from Mi¢ro$oft even if it came with a couple million dollars, and super powers for me.
You just need to buy it, you do not need to actually play it or set it up.
NEW KINECT MINI
IT FOLLOWS YOU AROUND AND CHARGES YOU A FEE FOR EVERY 10 MINUTES YOU DON'T HAVE AN X-BOX ONE SET UP
EVEN IF YOU DON'T OWN ONE

*Fee is increased for every non-Microsoft object found in your house

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 27, 2013, 08:36:52 PM
http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/privacy-breach-xbox-one-a-twisted-nightmare

QuoteTim Vines, director at Civil Liberties Australia, told GamesFIX that Microsoft has a lot to answer for with a product that has the ability to listen and watch everything a person does.

Quote"Microsoft's new Xbox meets the definition of a surveillance device under some Australian laws, so they need to be upfront and tell customers whether anyone else can intercept their information or remotely access their device," Vines said.

This sentiment is being felt the world over, with Berlin's federal data protection commissioner, Peter Schaar, telling Spiegel Online that Xbox One is nothing more than a monitoring device under the guise of a gaming console.

Xbox Done

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Nightlord on May 27, 2013, 11:21:52 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7497751040/h51D0EE04/
Would anyone buy a X1 for this?

lolnope

Still wouldn't buy it for all that good shit, when I can just re-buy a 360 with Halo 1-4. :P

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Nope, already have them all for a console that does gaming the right way, plus Halo 4.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Son of a bitch.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Tempting little text I missed, but still no.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Wait... so that wasn't a real thing? That Halo Legacy set isn't announced...?

...My dreams to relive my favorite multiplayer experience ever has been dashed.  >:(

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Oh damn.

Sweeper's angry now Microsoft.

Spoiler
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Only the fanatics; who would all buy one for the sake of it anyway.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If they had any intention of doing that then they should have just done it instead of Anniversary in 2011.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I wonder if they'll do an about-face on the backwards compatibility issue. The 360 wasn't originally going to play any previous-gen games, but they ended up programming in the compatibility on a case-by-case basis if memory serves, after a very vocal public outcry.

Then again, there's a much bigger library now...

WinterActual

WinterActual

Both MS and SONY will NOT bother developing any sort of emulation for the previous gen because they are chasing their business interests after all.

We live in the era where people are paying 10$ for skin for their weapon. The same people will buy the new Xbox and will not bother buying another prev gen box just to play some titles they want to. Why should MS include emulation in the Xbox None? They don't have to and they don't care. They know they will earn more money if they restrict their consoles to play only the same gen games as the console.

The times when the big sharks cared about their customers are long gone.

I am more eager to see what the Steam Box will do against MS and Sony.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Xbox One: Kinect won't be used to spy on you, camera can be switched off

QuoteSpeaking to CNET, Microsoft's Jeff Henshaw has insisted that there are appropriate safeguards in place. "If you want privacy, we'll give you modes that ensure your privacy," he explained. "And we actually have a little bit about this on the Web already. We will have something similar for the Kinect with Xbox One.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Lies.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: WinterActual on May 28, 2013, 12:59:31 PM
Both MS and SONY will NOT bother developing any sort of emulation for the previous gen because they are chasing their business interests after all.

We live in the era where people are paying 10$ for skin for their weapon. The same people will buy the new Xbox and will not bother buying another prev gen box just to play some titles they want to. Why should MS include emulation in the Xbox None? They don't have to and they don't care. They know they will earn more money if they restrict their consoles to play only the same gen games as the console.

The times when the big sharks cared about their customers are long gone.

I am more eager to see what the Steam Box will do against MS and Sony.

Well, the flip side of this is that backwards compatibility would make the new Xbox the logical choice for 360 owners when it's time to migrate to the new generation. Without it, there's no advantage for them in the Xbox 3 over a rival platform, so Microsoft stand to lose chunks of their existing user base (especially with all the bad press they've been accruing since the big reveal).

It still pays to listen to your customers and cater to their needs (yeah Microsoft, unbutton that blouse and cater to my needs), because it'll make money in the medium and long term. A lot of big companies are short-sighted and focus narrowly on the strength of next quarter's bottom line (especially publicly traded ones who have to appease their shareholders), but not all of them.

Steam Box has the potential to be huge (especially with Valve behind it, in my opinion the industry's brightest company), but so far their message has been very mixed. I'm having a hard time figuring out where they've drawn the line between console and computer, and I think they'll have great difficulty marketing it. It doesn't sound like they're planning a sweeping campaign like a typical console launch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed