X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,116 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 26, 2013, 03:51:48 PM
Nobody initially bought their Xbox to do things they could do on their computer or by simply pressing the 'source' button. Having only that shown and basically NO selling qualities is utter bullshit.

Also, check out that home monitoring system AKA Kinect.

Did we even have Youtube or Netflix on there in the first place? I mean, what makes 360 good is that it's focus when released was on the video games and still strongly is despite the perks, now with the Xbox One reveal they've gone f**kin' polar. For the first half of the existence of the 360 (years) I didn't even have xbox live, I played solely for campaigns and local multiplayer in the old days.

I've never watched Netflix or Youtube on my 360, but I also believe that it is a rather desperate thing to target, seeing as it was never the focus of the 360, but a perk. Now with the Xbox One it's the video games being treated like a perk or bonus and that is disgusting for a gaming console.

Also, with that Kinect thing (which the Xbox One can't function without) I'm feeling 90% certain that I don't want this thing. Hell it's smart enough to detect a new person and when it does it'll supposedly start asking for fees for additional people before you can continue. We got a f**kin' Capitalist HAL 9000 over here.

Sure Microsoft gave us the 360. But I'm not getting Xbox One because I'm stupid enough to fall for something like blind loyalty when it goes against my mother flippin' common sense.

Woah, I'm ranting again.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 26, 2013, 10:04:55 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 26, 2013, 03:51:48 PM
Nobody initially bought their Xbox to do things they could do on their computer or by simply pressing the 'source' button. Having only that shown and basically NO selling qualities is utter bullshit.

Also, check out that home monitoring system AKA Kinect.

Did we even have Youtube or Netflix on there in the first place? I mean, what makes 360 good is that it's focus when released was on the video games and still strongly is despite the perks, now with the Xbox One reveal they've gone f**kin' polar. For the first half of the existence of the 360 (years) I didn't even have xbox live, I played solely for campaigns and local multiplayer in the old days.

I've never watched Netflix or Youtube on my 360, but I also believe that it is a rather desperate thing to target, seeing as it was never the focus of the 360, but a perk. Now with the Xbox One it's the video games being treated like a perk or bonus and that is disgusting for a gaming console.

Also, with that Kinect thing (which the Xbox One can't function without) I'm feeling 90% certain that I don't want this thing. Hell it's smart enough to detect a new person and when it does it'll supposedly start asking for fees for additional people before you can continue. We got a f**kin' Capitalist HAL 9000 over here.

Sure Microsoft gave us the 360. But I'm not getting Xbox One because I'm stupid enough to fall for something like blind loyalty when it goes against my mother flippin' common sense.

Woah, I'm ranting again.

Pretty much this. :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Crazy Rich on May 26, 2013, 10:04:55 PM

Well personally, a large part of the reason I bought a 360 was as a media extender, and for the DVD player. They made a big deal out of its multimedia capabilities at launch and throughout its lifespan, and as far as I'm concerned, at the time it paid off. And having a decent Bluray player was a hugely critical element of the PS3, as was DVD for its predecessor; consoles have been using multimedia as selling points for a long time now.

Nowadays though, pretty much any type of box you choose for the lounge can play USB devices, Youtube, Netflix and networked media in a panoply of formats. I'm not sure what the appeal is in piping TV onto your console - am I right in thinking that you still need your digibox for it to plug into? So as far as I can tell, all it's doing is cutting your number of remotes, and may add extra complexity around the interface and recording features. I don't think anyone is asking for this.

Anyway... as other commentators have pointed out, obviously the X3 (why, why did they call it One? I'm calling it the 3. f**k 'em) will have a range of next-generation games, including exclusives, just as in other new consoles since the dawn of time. Just because they haven't focused on them during the reveal doesn't mean they won't be well supported. It was poor judgement, though, that they didn't choose to make them the main feature of the console's reveal.

:edit: It's funny that they're apparently chasing Apple with the X3. One of the big things Apple does incredibly well is to make every reveal into a huge event, where everyone's stoked into a frothy-mouthed frenzy of "just take my money" zealotry. The products themselves are often hugely flawed, but nobody cares, they've been managed to love them from the outset. The corporation generates goodwill and fandom like a sports team, it's astonishing and unprecedented, and the root of their success.
Whatever the merits of the X3, Microsoft f**ked up in a huge way with their launch event. They still have a lot to learn from the company they once overshadowed like Godzilla over a scared Japanese man.

Space Sweeper

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 25, 2013, 10:10:57 PM
What the...

I wouldn't accept the Xbox One even as a gift. :(

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/privacy-breach-xbox-one-a-twisted-nightmare

QuoteTim Vines, director at Civil Liberties Australia, told GamesFIX that Microsoft has a lot to answer for with a product that has the ability to listen and watch everything a person does.

Quote"Microsoft's new Xbox meets the definition of a surveillance device under some Australian laws, so they need to be upfront and tell customers whether anyone else can intercept their information or remotely access their device," Vines said.

This sentiment is being felt the world over, with Berlin's federal data protection commissioner, Peter Schaar, telling Spiegel Online that Xbox One is nothing more than a monitoring device under the guise of a gaming console.

Raku

Raku

I hope several countries ban the sale of the XBone if they're so afraid of Privacy issues.

Personally I'm not going to get the new Xbox because I don't want to be spied on while being dictated by Mi¢ro$oft.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Would anyone buy a X1 for this?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I wouldn't.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I already own all those games on a console that doesn't spy into my living room, so... no.

Raku

Raku

I hate First Person Shooters, and never bought into the Halo (or various FPS craze) stuff so no I would not.

I still wouldn't buy an Xbox One from Mi¢ro$oft even if it came with a couple million dollars, and super powers for me.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Raku on May 28, 2013, 01:09:30 AM
I hate First Person Shooters, and never bought into the Halo (or various FPS craze) stuff so no I would not.

I still wouldn't buy an Xbox One from Mi¢ro$oft even if it came with a couple million dollars, and super powers for me.

That seems like a horrible decision, actually.

You just need to buy it, you do not need to actually play it or set it up. And you'll not only increase the profit, you get f**king super powers.

I'd say it would be worth getting an Xbox One for THAT offer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed